We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2016, 02:02 PM
RE: We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com
(26-04-2016 01:52 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  Hey 50% of a successful show is entertainment. Laugh out load If you sound funny and won't make fun of my accent, we would love to have you. We can provide the questions, if you care to give an honest answer.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2016, 02:09 PM
(26-04-2016 01:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 01:41 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  I only want to know how NOT believing in God effects how you treat other people.
I have an unbearable urge to correct their spelling. After all I've only got this one life.

Quote: We want to know your thoughts on ghosts, death of a love one, and naturalism.
Ghosts don't exist. Loved ones die and are gone forever. We will never see them again and even the memories will fade. It's a shit deal, right enough.

Naturalism I assume you refer to the idea that all things are bound by natural law and thus that the supernatural does not exist. Yes. I agree with that.

Naturalism; I was referring to nudity. Do Atheist see a problem with nudity? Even the nudity of your elderly parents or teenage daughters?

BTW: Please correct my spelling and grammar, because I really worry about such things.Thumbsup
26-04-2016, 02:12 PM
Once again you are trying to expand the definition of atheism. Nudity is completely an individuals choice. If nudity in culture interests you, check out Europe. In general, nudity is not the big deal in Europe as it is in the US.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
26-04-2016, 02:13 PM
(26-04-2016 01:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 01:11 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  Actually you will be hearing from me quite often, if you accept my questions. But I promise to never argue or try to convert you. Because, I don't care and it ain't my job.

I'll accept your questions. By the way, is KY RocketMan a new sex act involving a lubricant, a man, and his missile?

All right, that made me laugh out loud.

QUESTION 1:
If you spouse of 25 years has a stroke and no longer remembers you (or anything about your marriage), but needs assistance. Would you leave them for somebody else?
26-04-2016, 02:13 PM
(26-04-2016 02:09 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 01:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  Naturalism I assume you refer to the idea that all things are bound by natural law and thus that the supernatural does not exist. Yes. I agree with that.

Naturalism; I was referring to nudity.

That ain't naturalism.

(26-04-2016 02:09 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  BTW: Please correct my spelling and grammar, because I really worry about such things.Thumbsup

Learn the difference between "effect" and "affect".

#sigh
26-04-2016, 02:14 PM
(26-04-2016 02:13 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  QUESTION 1:
If you spouse of 25 years has a stroke and no longer remembers you (or anything about your marriage), but needs assistance. Would you leave them for somebody else?

No.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-04-2016, 02:30 PM
(26-04-2016 02:13 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 01:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'll accept your questions. By the way, is KY RocketMan a new sex act involving a lubricant, a man, and his missile?

All right, that made me laugh out loud.

QUESTION 1:
I am personally offended by your questions already.
I have known plenty of assholes in my day, and theism was no measure to determine who was going to be one, or not.
This "question" above is "are you an asshole?"
Your questions are intended to try and put people into boxes, which is a typical theist behavior. Judge not lest ye be judged by the most judgemental bunch of hypocrites I know.
[+] 10 users Like skyking's post
26-04-2016, 02:34 PM
(26-04-2016 01:41 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 01:07 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  If that is true, and all you want is to provide accurate information about atheists, then the information you provide is simple.

Atheists don't believe in gods.

That is the ONLY defining characteristic of an atheist. Any other "information" is inaccurate. There's nothing more than that. Period. If you apply any other qualification for atheism you are doing so dishonestly.

Interview done.

At God-Talk, we don't care if you believe or don't believe in God. I only want to know how NOT believing in God effects how you treat other people. We want to know your thoughts on ghosts, death of a love one, and naturalism.

Ah, I'm sorry I misunderstood. I read that as you wanted to know what <we thought> defines an atheist. My mistake...and your question is a good one.

It shouldn't be the case, but unfortunately NOT believing in your fairy tale DOES affect my life in many ways. Not how I treat others (that is determined by my morals, not your sky daddy), but certainly other areas of my life are affected by my lack of theistic belief.

But here's the thing....if you want to have that discussion with us (members of The Thinking Atheist Forum), then have it....here. Otherwise, this looks more and more like you peddling your podcast. There are plenty of people who are ready and willing to engage, but why do you need to come here, start a discussion, and expect us to follow you back to your chosen medium to actually discuss it?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 6 users Like Stark Raving's post
26-04-2016, 02:34 PM
(26-04-2016 02:13 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  QUESTION 1:

What kind of person are you that you would even ask a question like this?

Who assumes that such a question needs to be asked in the first place? I'm with Skyking on this one. This question is just plain old offensive.
[+] 9 users Like Aliza's post
26-04-2016, 02:42 PM
(26-04-2016 01:33 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  I have a friend that I had not spoken to for 20 years; while I was looking up his phone number, my phone rang and he was calling me. Would an atheist say that is just coincidence?

Are you serious, are you really serious with this?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 4 users Like Deesse23's post