We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2016, 03:03 PM
RE: We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com
(26-04-2016 02:42 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 01:33 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  I have a friend that I had not spoken to for 20 years; while I was looking up his phone number, my phone rang and he was calling me. Would an atheist say that is just coincidence?

Are you serious, are you really serious with this?

Seems reasonable to me.

Last year I was on a flight to Bangkok and discovered that the two other passengers in my row of three seats shared the same birthday as each other. Then, I revealed that my birthday was the same as theirs. Hilarity ensued.

There can only be a supernatural explanation for this ... which is why I converted to Hinduism.

Stands to reason.

Drinking Beverage

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like DLJ's post
26-04-2016, 03:03 PM
(26-04-2016 01:47 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 01:21 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  I expect you will get a variety of answers, although the tone of the answers will depend on the questions.

Discussion and/or argument is welcome, conversion attempts, less so.

Are you willing to answer questions?

I would love to answer questions about Astrophysics, the beginning of life, evolution, ghosts (not so much), and happiness. If it is a very difficult question, I'll have to get help from my co-host so that will take longer to respond. Sorry.

Astrophysics is not a proper noun. -And for that matter, neither is Rocket Scientist. Even I know that!
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
26-04-2016, 03:05 PM
I miss Rocket Surgeon Sad

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
26-04-2016, 03:07 PM
well this thread took a turn.
26-04-2016, 03:08 PM
(26-04-2016 02:30 PM)skyking Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 02:13 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  All right, that made me laugh out loud.

QUESTION 1:
If you spouse of 25 years has a stroke and no longer remembers you (or anything about your marriage), but needs assistance. Would you leave them for somebody else?
I am personally offended by your questions already.
I have known plenty of assholes in my day, and theism was no measure to determine who was going to be one, or not.
This "question" above is "are you an asshole?"
Your questions are intended to try and put people into boxes, which is a typical theist behavior. Judge not lest ye be judged by the most judgemental bunch of hypocrites I know.

What does "lest" or "ye" mean? Never even read it until now. Who is being judgmental?
So you are saying that someone who would dump their spouse, who can't remember them, would be a jerk. Fair enough. That is not the answer I expected.
I'm glad I asked.
26-04-2016, 03:10 PM
(26-04-2016 03:03 PM)Aliza Wrote:  ...
Astrophysics is not a proper noun. -And for that matter, neither is Rocket Scientist. Even I know that!

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
26-04-2016, 03:11 PM
(26-04-2016 03:08 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  So you are saying that someone who would dump their spouse, who can't remember them, would be a jerk. Fair enough. That is not the answer I expected.
I'm glad I asked.

So... you expected that we'd all cheerfully dump the old one and go find a new one? *Why* would you think that?

Incidentally you said you welcomed questions but you've yet to answer mine. Why are you a Christian?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-04-2016, 03:12 PM
(26-04-2016 03:08 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 02:30 PM)skyking Wrote:  I am personally offended by your questions already.
I have known plenty of assholes in my day, and theism was no measure to determine who was going to be one, or not.
Your questions are intended to try and put people into boxes, which is a typical theist behavior. Judge not lest ye be judged by the most judgemental bunch of hypocrites I know.

What does "lest" or "ye" mean? Never even read it until now. Who is being judgmental?
So you are saying that someone who would dump their spouse, who can't remember them, would be a jerk. Fair enough. That is not the answer I expected.
I'm glad I asked.

"Judgemental"

..... and I'm only part-way through with my dregree in "rocket science surgery."
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
26-04-2016, 03:15 PM
(26-04-2016 03:08 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 02:30 PM)skyking Wrote:  I am personally offended by your questions already.

I'm glad I asked.
The question and this reply says far more about you and your intentions than it does about me.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
26-04-2016, 03:18 PM
(26-04-2016 02:58 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 02:09 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  Do Atheist see a problem with nudity?

Do you, as a christian, think Manchester City has a chance to enter the Champions League finals over Real Madrid, after they couldnt win in their home stadium?

Yes, since Ronaldo is out. But I think he is over-rated to being with.
BTW: I was a big PQR fan when they were in the major league.