We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2016, 03:20 PM
RE: We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com
(26-04-2016 03:00 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 02:50 PM)morondog Wrote:  Ah... you're coming to the dark side Big Grin

I've had an absolutely horrible last few days. I'm not usually a mean person, but nastiness should be expected from me until I'm feeling better.

Besides, what kind of aerospace engineer calls himself a "rocket scientist" and can't utilize spell check?

What kind, I ask you!?

Hope things turn around and you feel better

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
26-04-2016, 03:22 PM
(26-04-2016 03:12 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 03:08 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  What does "lest" or "ye" mean? Never even read it until now. Who is being judgmental?
So you are saying that someone who would dump their spouse, who can't remember them, would be a jerk. Fair enough. That is not the answer I expected.
I'm glad I asked.

"Judgemental"

..... and I'm only part-way through with my dregree in "rocket science surgery."

Your spelling corrector says that "judgemental" is the incorrect spelling; I've seen both ways of spelling it on Google. But I'm so happy you pointed out that correction that I won't even mention that you misspelled "degree". Tongue Nope, not a peep from me.
26-04-2016, 03:23 PM
(26-04-2016 03:22 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 03:12 PM)Aliza Wrote:  "Judgemental"

..... and I'm only part-way through with my dregree in "rocket science surgery."

Your spelling corrector says that "judgemental" is the incorrect spelling; I've seen both ways of spelling it on Google. But I'm so happy you pointed out that correction that I won't even mention that you misspelled "degree". Tongue Nope, not a peep from me.

Yeah but I'm drunk.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
26-04-2016, 03:29 PM
(26-04-2016 03:11 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 03:08 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  So you are saying that someone who would dump their spouse, who can't remember them, would be a jerk. Fair enough. That is not the answer I expected.
I'm glad I asked.

So... you expected that we'd all cheerfully dump the old one and go find a new one? *Why* would you think that?

Incidentally you said you welcomed questions but you've yet to answer mine. Why are you a Christian?

What you would call "coincidence"; I say is impossible. "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
26-04-2016, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2016 03:43 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(26-04-2016 01:33 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 01:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  Why do you talk about atheists? Consider

We are scientists on God-Talk. We are trying to explain how improbable things have happened to us. I have a friend that I had not spoken to for 20 years; while I was looking up his phone number, my phone rang and he was calling me. Would an atheist say that is just coincidence?
Maybe you can come on the show and tell us what you think.

Clearly you don't understand Probability Theory (at all).
Very highly improbable (single) events happen all the time, without any design or intervention.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 7 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-04-2016, 03:41 PM
we have a thread for these coincidences, "the little things that make you smile"
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
26-04-2016, 03:43 PM
(26-04-2016 03:29 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  What you would call "coincidence"; I say is impossible. "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

Well it's not exactly impossible, if it happens.

Occurrences can be rare, uncommon, improbable, but not impossible.

Like you're friend calling when you were thinking about him after 20 years. That event is very unlikely to have occurred, but it did. I've have had simaler instances with thinking about a song and it coming up on the radio.

Would winning the lottery be impossible? The odds are against most people. But someone dose eventually win.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
26-04-2016, 03:49 PM
(26-04-2016 03:29 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 03:11 PM)morondog Wrote:  So... you expected that we'd all cheerfully dump the old one and go find a new one? *Why* would you think that?

Incidentally you said you welcomed questions but you've yet to answer mine. Why are you a Christian?

What you would call "coincidence"; I say is impossible. "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

We are living in reality, not in a Arthur Conan Doyle novel.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 4 users Like Deesse23's post
26-04-2016, 03:57 PM

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid179221

One person's "impossible" is another's improbable.
If you lack the knowledge or creativity to cook up another answer, other then "the gods", you are committing the "god of the gaps" fallacy.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-04-2016, 04:09 PM
(26-04-2016 03:29 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  What you would call "coincidence"; I say is impossible. "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

So you're one of them fuckers who actually believe in causality then.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post