We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2016, 04:14 PM
RE: We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com
(26-04-2016 04:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 03:29 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  What you would call "coincidence"; I say is impossible. "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

So you're one of them fuckers who actually believe in causality then.

Let him explain how his deity "caused" the Principle of Causality, if it wasn't already in place. If it WAS in place already, then his deity did not create the Reality it "found" itself in. I'd like to know who created THAT Reality (in his simple little world). Then he can take a stab at explaining how the Reality came about (BOTH *existence* and *non-existence*) that his deity MUST participate in, only partially, as long as it existed. (He can't). Reality was ALWAYS larger than an "existing" god, of necessity, and he has no explanation for that little problem.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-04-2016, 04:20 PM
(26-04-2016 01:41 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  I only want to know how NOT believing in God effects how you treat other people.
Fair enough, I think.

(26-04-2016 01:41 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  We want to know your thoughts on ghosts, death of a love one, and naturalism.
Ghosts: Make fun stories. Ghost sightings never pan out when properly investigated.

Death of a loved one: It sucks. We mourn, we move on. There is no afterlife so treat them right in this one.

(26-04-2016 01:47 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  I would love to answer questions about Astrophysics, the beginning of life, evolution, ghosts (not so much), and happiness. If it is a very difficult question, I'll have to get help from my co-host so that will take longer to respond. Sorry.

Abiogenesis & evolution are interesting. Although if you disregard science in either case we probably won't have much to talk about.

Happiness? That can also be interesting, since different things make different people happy.

(26-04-2016 02:09 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  Naturalism; I was referring to nudity. Do Atheist see a problem with nudity? Even the nudity of your elderly parents or teenage daughters?

Seriously? First, nudism has absolutely nothing to do with atheism. Second, there are some moral and ethical implications in that question. Thirdly, the laws and customs regarding nudity in the US right now are fine with me.

(26-04-2016 02:13 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  If you spouse of 25 years has a stroke and no longer remembers you (or anything about your marriage), but needs assistance. Would you leave them for somebody else?

I guess we should be happy you didn't ask if we would euthanize them. Drinking Beverage

I would stay.

(26-04-2016 02:09 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  What you would call "coincidence"; I say is impossible. "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

Is one phone call is enough to eliminate the impossible?

(26-04-2016 03:08 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  So you are saying that someone who would dump their spouse, who can't remember them, would be a jerk. Fair enough. That is not the answer I expected.
I'm glad I asked.

Wow. That is incredibly patronizing.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 4 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
26-04-2016, 04:33 PM
(26-04-2016 04:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 03:29 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  What you would call "coincidence"; I say is impossible. "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

So you're one of them fuckers who actually believe in causality then.

you ought to try working for one, doing computer and network.
"why do you think that happened?" and when two things go wrong at the same time, "What caused both of those things to go bad at the same time?"
Shit happens just does not cut it for them.
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
26-04-2016, 04:33 PM
(26-04-2016 04:20 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 01:41 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  I only want to know how NOT believing in God effects how you treat other people.
Fair enough, I think.

(26-04-2016 01:41 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  We want to know your thoughts on ghosts, death of a love one, and naturalism.
Ghosts: Make fun stories. Ghost sightings never pan out when properly investigated.

Death of a loved one: It sucks. We mourn, we move on. There is no afterlife so treat them right in this one.

(26-04-2016 01:47 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  I would love to answer questions about Astrophysics, the beginning of life, evolution, ghosts (not so much), and happiness. If it is a very difficult question, I'll have to get help from my co-host so that will take longer to respond. Sorry.

Abiogenesis & evolution are interesting. Although if you disregard science in either case we probably won't have much to talk about.

Happiness? That can also be interesting, since different things make different people happy.

(26-04-2016 02:09 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  Naturalism; I was referring to nudity. Do Atheist see a problem with nudity? Even the nudity of your elderly parents or teenage daughters?

Seriously? First, nudism has absolutely nothing to do with atheism. Second, there are some moral and ethical implications in that question. Thirdly, the laws and customs regarding nudity in the US right now are fine with me.

(26-04-2016 02:13 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  If you spouse of 25 years has a stroke and no longer remembers you (or anything about your marriage), but needs assistance. Would you leave them for somebody else?

I guess we should be happy you didn't ask if we would euthanize them. Drinking Beverage

I would stay.

(26-04-2016 02:09 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  What you would call "coincidence"; I say is impossible. "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

Is one phone call is enough to eliminate the impossible?

(26-04-2016 03:08 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  So you are saying that someone who would dump their spouse, who can't remember them, would be a jerk. Fair enough. That is not the answer I expected.
I'm glad I asked.

Wow. That is incredibly patronizing.

Again, I'm only here to get your perspective on several different subjects.
I'm asking questions on this forum because I don't know any other atheists.
It's the same thing as joining a forum for black people, because I've never been around black people, but I would love to know about their church service. I just hope they don't get so easily offended by me just asking a simple question.
26-04-2016, 04:36 PM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2016 04:39 PM by skyking.)
so what is your answer to your own questions?
Oh, and go ahead, ask that same question about leaving your spouse at the black people's forums and check back with us Big Grin
26-04-2016, 04:43 PM
(26-04-2016 01:41 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  At God-Talk, we don't care if you believe or don't believe in God.

That doesn't sound very Christian.

Quote:I only want to know how NOT believing in God effects how you treat other people.

*affects

It allows me to evaluate them as individuals instead of being forced to categorize them according to rules laid down by ancient cultures.

Quote:We want to know your thoughts on ghosts,

No good evidence for them, no belief that there are such things

Quote:death of a love one,

I'm against it but there is rarely much I can do about it. I try to let them know how I feel in the here and now since that's all I'm sure that I can do.

Quote:and naturalism.

Methodological naturalism? It's the best option we have for determining what is and is not real.

Philosophical naturalism? I don't think much about it since it can't currently be proven true or false so it is effectively irrelevant.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 6 users Like unfogged's post
26-04-2016, 04:48 PM
(26-04-2016 04:33 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  Again, I'm only here to get your perspective on several different subjects.
I'm asking questions on this forum because I don't know any other atheists.
It's the same thing as joining a forum for black people, because I've never been around black people, but I would love to know about their church service. I just hope they don't get so easily offended by me just asking a simple question.

Black people???

People are people. No matter the skin colour.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
26-04-2016, 04:50 PM
(21-04-2016 10:59 AM)kyrocketman Wrote:  Dr. Andy was in a rock band and an emergency room doctor for many years as an atheist. He is now teaching medicine and is my pastor. We have plenty of atheist friends and listeners from all over the world.

(26-04-2016 04:33 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  I'm asking questions on this forum because I don't know any other atheists.

Were you lying in the first post or the latter one?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 12 users Like unfogged's post
26-04-2016, 05:25 PM
Hello again. Smile

(26-04-2016 03:29 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  What you would call "coincidence"; I say is impossible.

Laugh out load

Really?

You find the possibility that you were thinking of your friend and they happened to call you something other than a co-incidence?

Okay... Yes what then might you offer as an alternative happening?

Much interested to know.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
26-04-2016, 05:45 PM
Alright I've seen enough I'll do it. I was worried you were gonna ask a bunch of theological bible related questions and I've never read the bible, but I can answer a bunch of "moral" questions.
PM me a time and place and the questions.

Just a heads up. If you end up actually broadcasting the footage we make, it's probably gonna sound like a censored rap record.

[Image: oscar.png]