We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2016, 05:47 PM
RE: We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com
(26-04-2016 04:33 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 04:20 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Fair enough, I think.

Ghosts: Make fun stories. Ghost sightings never pan out when properly investigated.

Death of a loved one: It sucks. We mourn, we move on. There is no afterlife so treat them right in this one.

Abiogenesis & evolution are interesting. Although if you disregard science in either case we probably won't have much to talk about.

Happiness? That can also be interesting, since different things make different people happy.

Seriously? First, nudism has absolutely nothing to do with atheism. Second, there are some moral and ethical implications in that question. Thirdly, the laws and customs regarding nudity in the US right now are fine with me.

I guess we should be happy you didn't ask if we would euthanize them. Drinking Beverage

I would stay.

Is one phone call is enough to eliminate the impossible?

Wow. That is incredibly patronizing.

Again, I'm only here to get your perspective on several different subjects.
I'm asking questions on this forum because I don't know any other atheists.
It's the same thing as joining a forum for black people, because I've never been around black people, but I would love to know about their church service. I just hope they don't get so easily offended by me just asking a simple question.

You can't possibly be serious. You don't actually know any atheists ?
Yet your programs seem to know a lot about them ?
Facepalm
Doh.

Un-fucking-believable.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-04-2016, 06:20 PM
(26-04-2016 01:33 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 01:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  Why do you talk about atheists? Consider

We are scientists on God-Talk. We are trying to explain how improbable things have happened to us. I have a friend that I had not spoken to for 20 years; while I was looking up his phone number, my phone rang and he was calling me. Would an atheist say that is just coincidence?
Maybe you can come on the show and tell us what you think.

A coincidence is more likely than a "divine" and fundamentally unexplainable (and therefore incomprehensible) force that somehow influenced that person to call you in a way that you can't detect.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
26-04-2016, 06:24 PM
Dodgy

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
26-04-2016, 06:34 PM
He must be a preacher. They are the only people who need 30 minutes to make their point!
[+] 2 users Like Born Again Pagan's post
26-04-2016, 06:42 PM
(26-04-2016 02:13 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  QUESTION 1:
If you spouse of 25 years has a stroke and no longer remembers you (or anything about your marriage), but needs assistance. Would you leave them for somebody else?

Of course not. I find that question insulting.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
26-04-2016, 06:47 PM
you're not the only one.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
26-04-2016, 06:50 PM
Whowhowhoa, I come back and the post count has doubled in a day. Mods, please merge this thread with the 'Last person to post wins" thread, because I can't see the difference Drinking Beverage

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
26-04-2016, 06:50 PM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2016 06:57 PM by GirlyMan.)
When you kiss your little baby, you kiss the face of God. Mary did you know?

#sigh
26-04-2016, 06:59 PM
(26-04-2016 05:45 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Alright I've seen enough I'll do it. I was worried you were gonna ask a bunch of theological bible related questions and I've never read the bible, but I can answer a bunch of "moral" questions.
PM me a time and place and the questions.

Rather than PM the questions, I'd ask KYRM to post the list of questions in the Ask An Atheist section so that we can all have a go.

Thanks.

[+] 7 users Like DLJ's post
26-04-2016, 07:00 PM
(26-04-2016 04:50 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(21-04-2016 10:59 AM)kyrocketman Wrote:  Dr. Andy was in a rock band and an emergency room doctor for many years as an atheist. He is now teaching medicine and is my pastor. We have plenty of atheist friends and listeners from all over the world.

(26-04-2016 04:33 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  I'm asking questions on this forum because I don't know any other atheists.

Were you lying in the first post or the latter one?

Do you want the Co-Host of God-Talk, who is now a pastor of a church, to speak for you as a one-time atheist? Do you want our listeners do speak for you? That is why I came to this forum to have a civil conversation of inquisitive questions and answers with people who are not friends, I don't know, who have no desire to seek God. I simply want to ask questions because I do not know from your perspective.
Most of our atheist listeners were at one time theists, so they are not a good source to ask questions from a pure atheist perspective.