We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2016, 08:48 PM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2016 09:25 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com
(26-04-2016 08:45 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 08:21 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Clearly you DON'T know the "actions of atheists". You may know about what you PRESUME to be the actions of a few. Show us your poll and the data you took from it, Mr. All-Sciency-An-Shit ?
You still have not answered or addressed the QUESTIONS at hand. Then you post another topic. Are you unable to comprehend a subject line ? Your post was all totally irrelevant and incoherent. I sure hope this isn't an example of your reasoning ability. Facepalm Sadcryface2

Many theists also support the separation of church and state (not just atheists). They get that the establishment of ANY religion is a threat to THEIR religion. Your post is out of context, and meaningless. You obviously also know NOTHING about the law, or its implications. You may get away with this random nonsense on the air. Your example is also the fallacy of the false analogy. Perhaps you should consider taking a Logic course ? What you would do, is irrelevant. Or are you a Constitutional lawyer too ?

I spoke truthfully, I do not know any atheists to the extent that I can ask questions of morality. Statements on the show about how atheists would think are based upon one person who was once an atheist, but no longer. By coming on this forum, I get the hear the opinion of many different atheists.

My example actually happened in California. I've mentioned it many times on the show. A large chunk of land in the desert was incorporated into a Mojave National Preserve where the cross had stood for 70 years. As soon as the land was incorporated, the government was sued to remove the cross by someone from Oregon; states rights and grandfather clause be danged.

It has NOTHING to do with states rights. By being incorporated into the National Park System, the landowners GAVE UP their private rights. As I said, your stupid incorrect *example* just proves you know NOTHING about the law in the US. State law does not cover National Parks. Are you SURE you have a college degree ? You TOTALLY misrepresented the case. The COURT ruled in favor of the cross remaining. You also have not a shred of evidence an atheist had anything to do with the theft of the cross. I know protestant ministers who lead Americans United for the SEPARATION of Church and State. Your example is a fallacy, and you basically LIED about the entire thing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mojave_Memorial_Cross

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-04-2016, 08:51 PM
(26-04-2016 08:37 PM)cactus Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 08:28 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  We have interviewed several former atheists on the show. They had all grew up in a church environment until their college years and fell out. Years later they rejoined the church and became theologians.
Could you please post links to these particular episodes?

Here are 3 former atheists who are now preachers.
https://soundcloud.com/god-talk/dave-par...ck-star-to

https://soundcloud.com/god-talk/god-talk...ore-heaven

https://soundcloud.com/god-talk/howard-s...into-death
26-04-2016, 08:56 PM
(26-04-2016 08:51 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 08:37 PM)cactus Wrote:  Could you please post links to these particular episodes?

What kinda take home pay they get?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-04-2016, 08:58 PM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2016 09:09 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(26-04-2016 08:51 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 08:37 PM)cactus Wrote:  Could you please post links to these particular episodes?

Pastors are not "theologians". Not one of them are "theologians". A Bachelor's Degree in Divinity does not a "theologian" make.
Lied again. Totally misrepresented the truth. You said "all of them". 3 ? Really, "all three" ? LMAO.
Near death experiences have been debunked. Rats have them too. So three people have NDE's and that is supposed to mean something ?
http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots...xperiences

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
26-04-2016, 08:59 PM
(26-04-2016 08:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 08:45 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  I spoke truthfully, I do not know any atheists to the extent that I can ask questions of morality. Statements on the show about how atheists would think are based upon one person who was once an atheist, but no longer. By coming on this forum, I get the hear the opinion of many different atheists.

My example actually happened in California. I've mentioned it many times on the show. A large chunk of land in the desert was incorporated into a Mojave National Preserve where the cross had stood for 70 years. As soon as the land was incorporated, the government was sued to remove the cross by someone from Oregon; states rights and grandfather clause be danged.

It has NOTHING to do with states rights. By being incorporated into the National Park System, the landowners GAVE UP their private rights. As I said, your stupid incorrect *example* just proves you know NOTHING about the law in the US. State law does not cover National Parks. Are you SURE you have a college degree ? You TOTALLY misrepresented the case. The COURT ruled in favor of the cross remaining. You also have not a shred of evidence an atheist had anything to do with the theft of the cross. I know protestant ministers who lead Americans United for the SEPARATION of Church and State. You example is a fallacy, and you basically LIED about the entire thing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mojave_Memorial_Cross

Are you trying to suggest that the people living in the Maryland colony could not offend some traveler from the NY colony? That's insane! If you don't live in my state, you can not sue because of some action by the government in this state. We have had atheists sue to keep a puppet show out of our schools until the courts found out that the atheist didn't have a student attending the schools.
BTW: The court did rule in favor of the cross remaining because the case was thrown out because the plaintiff was from Oregon.
26-04-2016, 09:03 PM
(26-04-2016 08:59 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 08:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It has NOTHING to do with states rights. By being incorporated into the National Park System, the landowners GAVE UP their private rights. As I said, your stupid incorrect *example* just proves you know NOTHING about the law in the US. State law does not cover National Parks. Are you SURE you have a college degree ? You TOTALLY misrepresented the case. The COURT ruled in favor of the cross remaining. You also have not a shred of evidence an atheist had anything to do with the theft of the cross. I know protestant ministers who lead Americans United for the SEPARATION of Church and State. You example is a fallacy, and you basically LIED about the entire thing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mojave_Memorial_Cross

Are you trying to suggest that the people living in the Maryland colony could not offend some traveler from the NY colony? That's insane! If you don't live in my state, you can not sue because of some action by the government in this state. We have had atheists sue to keep a puppet show out of our schools until the courts found out that the atheist didn't have a student attending the schools.
BTW: The court did rule in favor of the cross remaining because the case was thrown out because the plaintiff was from Oregon.

Exactly. That's what I told YOU. The COURT ruled in favor of the cross, and you mentioned NOTHING about the cross being stolen. You apparently don't even know what point you're trying to make.

If a law in Maryland or NY is unconstitutional on the FEDERAL level, or a state law breaks a FEDERAL standard, anyone can sue anyone. A National PARK is the property of the NATION, not the state.
Seriously dude. You didn't ever go to college did you ?

26-04-2016, 09:09 PM
http://www.scientificamerican.com/articl...of-heaven/

26-04-2016, 09:10 PM
(26-04-2016 07:21 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 04:33 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  Again, I'm only here to get your perspective on several different subjects.
I'm asking questions on this forum because I don't know any other atheists.
It's the same thing as joining a forum for black people, because I've never been around black people, but I would love to know about their church service. I just hope they don't get so easily offended by me just asking a simple question.

Bolding mine. As noted above by Unfogged, you are contradicting yourself.

So, a couple of points.

Firstly, I personally, am not offended, just confused.

Secondly, in your initial post, you stated that you had plenty of atheist friends. Then you ask some questions about basic morality. Now many theists ask similar questions and then go on to insult atheists and our supposed lack of morality. If you have atheist friends I would assume they mentioned that to you.

In any event, several of us answered your questions. Personally, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. Then you respond, indicating surprise that atheists understand basic morality. And you comment that we are easily offended.

All of that does not give me confidence. But, what the hell, I'll give it another shot...

I checked out the your site and it says you two are affiliated with the Grace Gospel Church in Kentucky. The church's website says:
Quote:We are an evangelical, Christ-exalting, gospel-centered, Biblically-grounded church.
Operating on that basis then I'll ask you a few questions:

Do you consider the bible to be historically accurate?

Do you consider the bible to be a source of ethics and moral guidance?

How do you reconcile the ethical contradiction inherent in the doctrine of vicarious redemption?

Historically accurate: Where it makes a difference, Yes. Where it doesn't (e.g., Noah's ark, Garden of Eden), I don't care.

Do you consider the bible to be a source of ethics and moral guidance? Yes
How do you reconcile the ethical contradiction inherent in the doctrine of vicarious redemption? I will refer this question to my pastor. It may take a few days; I'm an engineer, not a theologian.
26-04-2016, 09:13 PM
I've never been a theist, I've been an atheist my whole life. The closest I've come to some sort of light bulb regarding religion was when I realized that people truly believed in that shit. I was not raised in any religious setting, religion was just never brought up. And I live in a country that's not religious one bit.

We doing this shit or what?

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
26-04-2016, 09:14 PM
(26-04-2016 09:10 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 07:21 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Bolding mine. As noted above by Unfogged, you are contradicting yourself.

So, a couple of points.

Firstly, I personally, am not offended, just confused.

Secondly, in your initial post, you stated that you had plenty of atheist friends. Then you ask some questions about basic morality. Now many theists ask similar questions and then go on to insult atheists and our supposed lack of morality. If you have atheist friends I would assume they mentioned that to you.

In any event, several of us answered your questions. Personally, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. Then you respond, indicating surprise that atheists understand basic morality. And you comment that we are easily offended.

All of that does not give me confidence. But, what the hell, I'll give it another shot...

I checked out the your site and it says you two are affiliated with the Grace Gospel Church in Kentucky. The church's website says:
Operating on that basis then I'll ask you a few questions:

Do you consider the bible to be historically accurate?

Do you consider the bible to be a source of ethics and moral guidance?

How do you reconcile the ethical contradiction inherent in the doctrine of vicarious redemption?

Historically accurate: Where it makes a difference, Yes. Where it doesn't (e.g., Noah's ark, Garden of Eden), I don't care.

Do you consider the bible to be a source of ethics and moral guidance? Yes
How do you reconcile the ethical contradiction inherent in the doctrine of vicarious redemption? I will refer this question to my pastor. It may take a few days; I'm an engineer, not a theologian.

Your pastor is not a "theologian".
There is NOTHING historical in the Bible.
The ethics IN THE BIBLE were imported from the culture of the time. They did NOT "give ethics" to the culture of the time. Obviously you also know nothing about the Bible, or it's history.

Are you suggesting parents should kill their disobedient children, as the Bible says ?
Or force men to marry their dead brother's widows ? Or kill innocent infants, all of which were the ethics of the god in the Bible.

Are you saying you support a Muslim mosque in the National Park too ? If not, you are a hypocrite.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post