We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2016, 10:28 PM
RE: We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com
(26-04-2016 10:25 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 10:21 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Please tell me this is not the Wyant on this show :
http://www.healthgrades.com/physician/dr...eck_anchor

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Oh Bucky.

Bowing Bowing Bowing

Well done, Bucky!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2016, 10:48 PM
(26-04-2016 04:33 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 04:20 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Fair enough, I think.

Ghosts: Make fun stories. Ghost sightings never pan out when properly investigated.

Death of a loved one: It sucks. We mourn, we move on. There is no afterlife so treat them right in this one.

Abiogenesis & evolution are interesting. Although if you disregard science in either case we probably won't have much to talk about.

Happiness? That can also be interesting, since different things make different people happy.

Seriously? First, nudism has absolutely nothing to do with atheism. Second, there are some moral and ethical implications in that question. Thirdly, the laws and customs regarding nudity in the US right now are fine with me.

I guess we should be happy you didn't ask if we would euthanize them. Drinking Beverage

I would stay.

Is one phone call is enough to eliminate the impossible?

Wow. That is incredibly patronizing.

Again, I'm only here to get your perspective on several different subjects.
I'm asking questions on this forum because I don't know any other atheists.
It's the same thing as joining a forum for black people, because I've never been around black people, but I would love to know about their church service. I just hope they don't get so easily offended by me just asking a simple question.

Tell ya what, if you have questions, ask em and maybe I will make a response video to them on my Youtube Channel. Or maybe we can do a skype thing or whatever.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
26-04-2016, 11:06 PM
(26-04-2016 08:28 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  We have interviewed several former atheists on the show. They had all grew up in a church environment until their college years and fell out. Years later they rejoined the church and became theologians. I'm trying to find people who have never been in church (I've would label as a pure atheist) to answer questions about morality.
All of the former atheists who have been on the show have stated that EVERYONE is a seeker. I bet most on this forum would disagree.

1. Morality? Sure, I ended the last argument about morality with someone in less than a paragraph the last time some hoity toity Christian tried to hover that "without god you have no basis for morality so you don't have it" over my head. LOL, yeah, he didn't even respond to the paragraph at all really.

2. Seeker? A seeker of what? Religion? No, no we are not. Seeking Knowledge or answers about life the universe and everything? Sure! That is absolutely correct but there is a fundemental difference between a person who has been Brain Damaged by the Mental Disease that is called religion and a rational, critical thinking minded person.

Those Brainwashed and poisoned by the disease of religion turn to the bible and wishful thinking and give into their fears about death until they brain damage themselves into believing a fairy tale. The rational minded person ignores all fairy tales and observes the universe around them, forms a hypothesis and then uses the scientific method and applies mathematics while leaving out all logical fallacies like False Dichotomy and false conclusions and so on in order to figure out the best possible answer, then that answer is presented to peers for peer review and then expanded on....indefinably. We did not end our research on gravity when sir Issac Newton first wrote about it. For Christianity and other religions, the moment that person gets done writing it, its done and over with and that is the whole entire truth forever and you are not allowed to question it in any way or face burning for eternity.

With science, everything is open to question and if you fail to provide credible evidence than you are wrong and you have to accept that you are wrong and move on to something else. Those who believe in creationism have been trying to debunk evolution for over a hundred years and not once ever present a single shred of credible evidence against it, nor will they ever. If they could than evolution would no longer be studied and the entire field of every science on the planet would need to be rewritten and all the worlds scientists would be just fine doing that.

A creationist would never be fine doing that.

When new evidence presents itself, the idea itself needs to change and if they idea cannot change according to the new evidence a new idea needs to be made. Which is how we progress.

God and the entire bible does not hold up to any of this. None of the worlds religions do. There was no Adam and Eve, there was no one in history named Abraham or Moses who did any of the things that the bible says they did. That Flood NEVER HAPPENED and the evidence for it is beyond overwhelming and so far beyond the point of Irrefutable that it is out there in the fucking ether! Our understanding of genetics further cements the gap every single day. Genetic understanding was the final nail in the creationism coffin and yet Christians and Muslims alike keep insisting that they are wrong and even have their own fleet of pretend scientists that have fake research to try and prove the entire field of cosmology, biology, and everything else wrong...yes...they are fake scientists. All of them.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
26-04-2016, 11:48 PM
(26-04-2016 01:07 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  You are perfectly welcome to come on the show and you will be given 30 uninterrupted minutes to make your point. [...]

As someone else has already said, "theists don't believe in gods". It's that simple. How could I possibly extend 5 words into 30 minutes?

I don't have any "point" to make. My atheism is nothing more than a state of mind; there is no specific dogma defining how I think or act; I have no holy book to command my beliefs; I visit no temple of worship; I listen to no preacher; I have not the faintest idea of the ethics or moral values of any other atheist on the planet.

And if you seriously think that by setting up some atheist who's unfortunately inexperienced with Christian apologists' devious means, that you'll be able to later claim some sort of "victory", then you don't know your arse from a hole in the ground. Sorry.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 4 users Like SYZ's post
27-04-2016, 12:25 AM
(26-04-2016 04:33 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  I just hope they don't get so easily offended by me just asking a simple question.

So, when did you stop abusing your naked little daughter (referring to your topic of naturalism)?

Its just a question!

Dont insult our intellect by assuming we dont see the very obvious background of some of your statements/questions. We are atheists not the sheep you may usually encounter in your part of this reality.

Like i said before: Ask directly what you wanna know, and try to be honest while you do. Dont try to "moderate" things out of us.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
27-04-2016, 12:30 AM
(26-04-2016 05:47 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 04:33 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  Again, I'm only here to get your perspective on several different subjects.
I'm asking questions on this forum because I don't know any other atheists.
It's the same thing as joining a forum for black people, because I've never been around black people, but I would love to know about their church service. I just hope they don't get so easily offended by me just asking a simple question.

You can't possibly be serious. You don't actually know any atheists ?
Yet your programs seem to know a lot about them ?
Facepalm
Doh.

Un-fucking-believable.

Yeah, hes a Rocket scientist who doesnt know any atheists!

Thats like a pimp who doesnt know any Ho´s.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 8 users Like Deesse23's post
27-04-2016, 12:32 AM
Looks like the rocketman needs a crash course in some of the basics we're all familiar with.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
27-04-2016, 12:38 AM
(27-04-2016 12:30 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 05:47 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You can't possibly be serious. You don't actually know any atheists ?
Yet your programs seem to know a lot about them ?
Facepalm
Doh.

Un-fucking-believable.

Yeah, hes a Rocket scientist who doesnt know any atheists!

Thats like a pimp who doesnt know any Ho´s.

Hey wait a minute.... good point.
27-04-2016, 12:48 AM
(26-04-2016 01:33 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  We are scientists on God-Talk. We are trying to explain how improbable things have happened to us. I have a friend that I had not spoken to for 20 years; while I was looking up his phone number, my phone rang and he was calling me. Would an atheist say that is just coincidence?

Firstly you claim to be "scientists" but then you suggest a happening that was nothing more than a coincidence was in fact something other—such as a paranormal phenomenon. No true scientist believes in the paranormal.

And if your scientific panellists truly think this phone call was "improbable" then they know nothing about the laws of truly large numbers.

The New York Times ran a story about a woman, Evelyn Adams, who won the New Jersey lottery twice in two consecutive years, 1985 and 1986, and called the chances "1 in 17 trillion". Wrong. Statisticians Stephen Samuels and George McCabe of Purdue University calculated the odds of someone winning the lottery twice to be something like 1 in 30 for a four month period and better than even odds over a seven year period.

Obviously none of your "scientists" has a mathematics doctorate LOL.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
27-04-2016, 05:26 AM
This is kinda like taking candy from a baby.
I listened to about 10 minutes of the podasts.
I'm thinkin "dementia" or maybe "challenged" .... it's pretty sad.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.