We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2016, 07:46 AM
RE: We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com
So, Kyrocketman, You want to know about the morality aspect?

I suppose you will be disappointed. If you want to find out about real atheists and their morals, worries and empathy, go read the personal support section here on TTA.

You will learn a lot.

There is no difference between atheists and the religious when it comes to empathy, some have a lot, some not so much, and everything in between. Some help wherever they can, some are selfish. The religious have committed tons of atrocities throughout history in the names of their gods and continue to do so. The god in the first testament is torturing and killing people left and right. Ordering people's babies to be killed and women to be taken captive and enslaved.

If you believe that those actions were righteous, you are the one without morals and empathy.

Empathy is inborn, humans are social animals and taking care of each other keeps the group strong. No gods needed.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 12 users Like Dom's post
27-04-2016, 07:56 AM
And the issue of current theists who used to be atheist for a stretch after being theists - they were never atheist.

They were temporarily angry or indifferent towards their gods and then forgave them.

Once you understand how things really work, there is no going back. Atheists are not angry at any gods because there are none.

If I tell you that I have a tree that grows 1000 $ bills if it is worshipped by enough people, you won't believe me. No matter how much you want it to be true, you can't make yourself believe it. Or can you? Then you would be delusional.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
27-04-2016, 08:12 AM
(26-04-2016 10:03 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 09:42 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  And not to worry. The Bible teaches there is no heaven (in fact the Hebrews didn't even think the dead went to heaven OR hell).

Psalm 39 :
"Turn your gaze away from me, that I may smile again,
before I depart, and am no more"

Psalm 115 :
The dead do not praise the Lord,
nor do any that go down into silence".

And Sheol is referenced in mostly the Wisdom texts. It's certainly NOT where God lives.
Psalm 6 : "For in death there is no remembrance of you, in Sheol, who can give you praise ?"

As you can see Mr OP. We actually know the bible.

How dare you come here and attempt to teach sinners! You are breaking a law.

The result?

ETERNAL DAMNATION!!!

Nice teaching you about your own belief system, sweet cheeks.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Oh and yeah, you MUST obey all scripture.

2nd Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Banjo, you are one angry M.F.
I only come into TTA to ask if any of you have the civility to come onto my show and speak civil about certain questions on morality. One person ask me a question and I answered. If you don't want to know the answer, don't ask. Don't accuse me of trying to preach to you, because I don't care about you.
Take some Lithium.
I will not reply to any more of your posts.
Sweet cheeks!
Good day to you sir!
27-04-2016, 08:15 AM
(27-04-2016 08:12 AM)kyrocketman Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 10:03 PM)Banjo Wrote:  As you can see Mr OP. We actually know the bible.

The result?

ETERNAL DAMNATION!!!

2nd Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

I only come into TTA to ask if any of you have the civility to come onto my show and speak civil about certain questions on morality. One person ask me a question and I answered. If you don't want to know the answer, don't ask. Don't accuse me of trying to preach to you, because I don't care about you.
Take some Lithium.
Sweet cheeks!
Good day to you sir!

Oh well, I have made a number of polite, informative posts and you don't reply to them either.

Banjo is fighting cancer and is on experimental drugs. He has mood fluctuations. He most certainly doesn't need any Lithium.

[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
27-04-2016, 08:16 AM
(26-04-2016 10:03 PM)Banjo Wrote:  As you can see Mr OP. We actually know the bible.

The result?

ETERNAL DAMNATION!!!

Take some Lithium.
Sweet cheeks!
Good day to you sir!

That was angry? You are sadly lacking in fortitude, dude.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
27-04-2016, 08:23 AM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2016 08:27 AM by Bucky Ball.)

The result?

ETERNAL DAMNATION!!!

Take some Lithium.
Sweet cheeks!
Good day to you sir!

LMAO. Hahahahaha.
In other words, he's got NOTHING to reply to your scripture verses, as he has NO background in any relevant topic, much less the Bible or Theology, or Religion, or Philosophy. So ..... he just wimps out with the (same ole same ole) "You're such an angry bla bla bla"

Why do these people even TRY to appear rational ?

Most of the Bible is a lie, and Jesus never existed.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
27-04-2016, 08:26 AM
back to your first question:
I did ask you to answer that. A one word answer will not suffice.
27-04-2016, 08:29 AM
(27-04-2016 08:12 AM)kyrocketman Wrote:  Banjo, you are one angry M.F.
Take some Lithium.
Sweet cheeks!
Good day to you sir!

BTW, how VERY Christian of you, gramps.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
27-04-2016, 08:30 AM
(26-04-2016 09:58 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
kyrocketman Wrote:QUESTION 1:
If you spouse of 25 years has a stroke and no longer remembers you (or anything about your marriage), but needs assistance. Would you leave them for somebody else?

It's the same thing as joining a forum for black people, because I've never been around black people, but I would love to know about their church service. I just hope they don't get so easily offended by me just asking a simple question.

How multi-cultural of you to consider learning about people of a different color…. in 2016. A few decades behind the 8-ball there, but better late than never, I suppose.

Little tip: Not all black people are Christian. Assuming that they are is… perhaps part of the problem.

kyrocketman Wrote:At God-Talk, we don't care if you believe or don't believe in God. I only want to know how NOT believing in God effects how you treat other people. We want to know your thoughts on ghosts, death of a love one, and naturalism.

You know, Kyrocketman, I’ve been thinking. Your presence on this forum presents a unique opportunity for me to gain some insight into the Christian mind.

I don’t really interact with Christians personally, but I know them by reputation and from what other people have said about them. Perhaps you wouldn’t mind answering some questions for me so I can better understand how a belief in Jesus affects your ability to treat others with kindness and compassion.

1. You’re on a packed bus during rush hour. An old lady with an armful of groceries boards the bus. Do you offer her your seat? Mean, come on. You’ve had a long day at the office, and you did push past her fair and square to get a seat near the door. If Jesus meant for her to have that seat, he’d have given it to her.

2. If it’s the middle of the night and you strike a hitchhiker on the side of the road with your car. Is it worth stopping and helping this person? I mean… he’s probably a loser anyway, and what’s the point of delaying the inevitable? He’s going to hell whether it’s now or later.

3. Your mother or father has an incurable disease which will require round the clock care. You live in a town with one nursing home which has a terrible reputation for providing very poor care. All costs being equal, do you move your parent into your spare bedroom and have a nurse come to the house, or do you just assume that the nursing home’s poor reputation is blown out of proportion because you’re worried that having your ailing parent in your home might cramp your style?

Edit: Yes, Tarts. A little bit more time may have been appropriate. Tongue

Aliza, Please tell me all you know about Liberation Theology.
If you don't know about it, then you must be several decades behind the 8-ball.
How quaint?
Which churches preach of LT, which don't?
BTW: I know all black people aren't Christians, I want to know about how they conduct church and why their church doesn't want to join with non-black churches in a Christian community. If you know the answer people tell me.

#1: As a Southern Gentleman, of course you offer a lady your seat; has nothing to do with religion.
#2: Depends upon the location. I've picked up plenty of people in need; but I've also driven by scary people who could walk a half mile to the gas station. Definitely depends upon the location and their situation.
3: Of course you move your parents in with you. What type of question is that?
27-04-2016, 08:35 AM
Quote:3: Of course you move your parents in with you. What type of question is that?
quite similar to that first question you asked.
[+] 11 users Like skyking's post