We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2016, 03:34 PM
RE: We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com
(27-04-2016 10:47 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  A theists like myself expanding on why I wouldn't leave my wife, is likely to appeal to what he sees as objective moral obligations, a sacred obligation to devote himself to his wife till the end, offer somewhat religious reasons.

Interesting. You stay with your wife simply because of an obligation ordered by another.

I, as an atheist, nursed my mother through MS for nearly 10 years. Because I cared.

Therein lies the difference.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 21 users Like Banjo's post
27-04-2016, 03:54 PM
(27-04-2016 08:30 AM)kyrocketman Wrote:  ...
Aliza, Please tell me all you know about Liberation Theology.
If you don't know about it, then you must be several decades behind the 8-ball.
How quaint?

I'm quaint? How quaint. Because it was news to me.

For those, like me, who hadn't heard of it... Linky.

Quote:Liberation theology could be interpreted as an attempt to return to the gospel of the early church where Christianity is politically and culturally decentralized.[7]
Liberation theology proposes to fight poverty by addressing its alleged source: sin.

Sin? How quaint? Stopped reading.

Big Grin

[+] 7 users Like DLJ's post
27-04-2016, 04:45 PM
(27-04-2016 02:04 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(27-04-2016 01:39 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Heathenness already has a thread on ethics.. Post away.

I thought he meant via some group chat like thing... because if he means just a thread, there's a new god forsaken(or stalked) morality thread on this board every 2 weeks at least.

I mean a audio thing, yes. I had to replace my microphone recently and the one I have now is pretty shit. I am thinking about getting an actual microphone for this project, but they can be hella expensive.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
27-04-2016, 05:11 PM
(27-04-2016 08:30 AM)kyrocketman Wrote:  ...
Aliza, Please tell me all you know about Liberation Theology.
If you don't know about it, then you must be several decades behind the 8-ball.
How quaint?

I had never heard of it either.

Marxist Catholicism?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
27-04-2016, 05:18 PM
Hey, Rocket, I am reading the Bible in its entirety and posting it online. I would very much be interested in YOUR response to my points. I'll go on for thirty minutes to espouse my views of you so wish about morality, the Bible and why I think the Christian God, according to his own "inerrant" sources is fundamentally inconsistent and more shockingly, morally evil.

What say you?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
27-04-2016, 05:32 PM
(27-04-2016 03:34 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(27-04-2016 10:47 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  A theists like myself expanding on why I wouldn't leave my wife, is likely to appeal to what he sees as objective moral obligations, a sacred obligation to devote himself to his wife till the end, offer somewhat religious reasons.

Interesting. You stay with your wife simply because of an obligation ordered by another.

I, as an atheist, nursed my mother through MS for nearly 10 years. Because I cared.

And if I recall correctly, your mom tried to strangle you when you were a little kid. You are an amazing person.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
27-04-2016, 06:56 PM
(27-04-2016 05:32 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(27-04-2016 03:34 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Interesting. You stay with your wife simply because of an obligation ordered by another.

And if I recall correctly, your mom tried to strangle you when you were a little kid. You are an amazing person.

That she did.

Thanks. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
27-04-2016, 07:18 PM
(27-04-2016 08:30 AM)kyrocketman Wrote:  BTW: I know all black people aren't Christians, I want to know about how they conduct church and why their church doesn't want to join with non-black churches in a Christian community. If you know the answer people tell me.

Why would you think that a bunch of atheists would know or care? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-04-2016, 08:05 PM
(26-04-2016 01:33 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 01:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  Why do you talk about atheists? Consider

We are scientists on God-Talk. We are trying to explain how improbable things have happened to us. I have a friend that I had not spoken to for 20 years; while I was looking up his phone number, my phone rang and he was calling me. Would an atheist say that is just coincidence?
Maybe you can come on the show and tell us what you think.

Radio Lab explains stochasticity https://huffduffer.com/slurve/5870

And I would say that was a coincidence. You don’t actually believe your god had something to do with that do you? For a “scientist” you sure don’t seem to apply logical skepticism in your daily life.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
28-04-2016, 12:06 AM
(27-04-2016 03:54 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
Quote:Liberation theology could be interpreted as an attempt to return to the gospel of the early church where Christianity is politically and culturally decentralized.[7]
Liberation theology proposes to fight poverty by addressing its alleged source: sin.

Sin? How quaint? Stopped reading.

Big Grin

According to some Christees pretty much everything wrong with the world can be attributed to sin, including natural disasters and diseases. Like, God won't just *say* what we're doing wrong, but he will send a pestilential disease that wipes out thousands of innocent people as some kind of "message" that we need to stop putting it in the wrong hole.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post