We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2016, 12:14 AM
RE: We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com
(28-04-2016 12:06 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(27-04-2016 03:54 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Sin? How quaint? Stopped reading.

Big Grin

According to some Christees pretty much everything wrong with the world can be attributed to sin, including natural disasters and diseases. Like, God won't just *say* what we're doing wrong, but he will send a pestilential disease that wipes out thousands of innocent people as some kind of "message" that we need to stop putting it in the wrong hole.

I've been on the internet long enough to learn there is no 'wrong' hole.

Tell em' kitty...

[Image: 1459696587739]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
28-04-2016, 12:15 AM
(28-04-2016 12:06 AM)morondog Wrote:  ...
a pestilential disease that wipes out thousands of innocent people

^^^ Textbook definition of Christianity.

Noun.
A CTD (culturally transmitted disease)

Yes
[+] 8 users Like DLJ's post
28-04-2016, 09:55 AM
(27-04-2016 05:11 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(27-04-2016 08:30 AM)kyrocketman Wrote:  ...
Aliza, Please tell me all you know about Liberation Theology.
If you don't know about it, then you must be several decades behind the 8-ball.
How quaint?

I had never heard of it either.

Marxist Catholicism?

Obama use to attend a church that taught black liberation theology, those of us not living under a rock have heard of Jeremiah Wright, Cornel West.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
28-04-2016, 10:01 AM
(28-04-2016 09:55 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(27-04-2016 05:11 PM)Dom Wrote:  I had never heard of it either.

Marxist Catholicism?

Obama use to attend a church that taught black liberation theology, those of us not living under a rock have heard of Jeremiah Wright, Cornel West.

I thought they *Berned* up.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
28-04-2016, 10:02 AM
(27-04-2016 03:34 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Interesting. You stay with your wife simply because of an obligation ordered by another.

I, as an atheist, nursed my mother through MS for nearly 10 years. Because I cared.

Therein lies the difference.

No therein lies your belief that one negates the other. I have an obligation to care, to love others, to do what's right and good, and just.

It's an obligation woven into who I am. It's to say that in the messiness of human life, I find myself at some weak points desiring to abandon her in her time of need, to recognize that is not right.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
28-04-2016, 10:15 AM
(28-04-2016 10:02 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(27-04-2016 03:34 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Interesting. You stay with your wife simply because of an obligation ordered by another.

I, as an atheist, nursed my mother through MS for nearly 10 years. Because I cared.

No therein lies your belief that one negates the other. I have an obligation to care, to love others, to do what's right and good, and just.

It's an obligation woven into who I am. It's to say that in the messiness of human life, I find myself at some weak points desiring to abandon her in her time of need, to recognize that is not right.

That you need someone to tell you the right thing to do or to tell you to care, speaks volumes about your true character.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 4 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
28-04-2016, 10:18 AM
(28-04-2016 10:15 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(28-04-2016 10:02 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  No therein lies your belief that one negates the other. I have an obligation to care, to love others, to do what's right and good, and just.

That you need someone to tell you the right thing to do or to tell you to care, speaks volumes about your true character.

No one is telling me that, I know that it's right. Just like no has to tell me stealing is wrong to know that stealing is wrong.

28-04-2016, 10:21 AM
(28-04-2016 10:02 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  

So it does not arise from any "objective" source. Interesting.
"Woven into who I am" is 100% subjective.
Thanks for finally admitting it.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 7 users Like Bucky Ball's post
28-04-2016, 10:23 AM
(28-04-2016 10:18 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(28-04-2016 10:15 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  That you need someone to tell you the right thing to do or to tell you to care, speaks volumes about your true character.

No one is telling me that, I know that it's right. Just like no has to tell me stealing is wrong to know that stealing is wrong.

That you need a religion (the "someone") to provide you your obligation, speaks volumes to your character.

-Rick
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
28-04-2016, 10:23 AM
(28-04-2016 10:21 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-04-2016 10:02 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  No therein lies your belief that one negates the other. I have an obligation to care, to love others, to do what's right and good, and just.

So it does not arise from any "objective" source. Interesting.
"Woven into who I am" is 100% subjective.
Thanks for finally admitting it.

And here comes the bullshit and self-contradiction in 3...2...

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post