We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2016, 10:26 AM
(28-04-2016 10:23 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(28-04-2016 10:18 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  No one is telling me that, I know that it's right. Just like no has to tell me stealing is wrong to know that stealing is wrong.

That you need a religion (the "someone") to provide you your obligation, speaks volumes to your character.

I don't a need a religion either, as if I wouldn't know that stealing was wrong, if I wasn't raised into a religion.

In fact even Paul, observed that the Gentiles knew the moral law, even though they had no Book.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2016, 10:28 AM
(28-04-2016 10:21 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So it does not arise from any "objective" source. Interesting.
"Woven into who I am" is 100% subjective.
Thanks for finally admitting it.

All teleological claims are objective claims, whether true or not.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
28-04-2016, 10:28 AM
RE: We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com
(28-04-2016 10:18 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  No one is telling me that, I know that it's right. Just like no has to tell me stealing is wrong to know that stealing is wrong.

You are completely incapable of critical thinking.
You LEARNED your cultural values, whether you know it or not, or are intelligent enough to recognize it or not.
You are lying to yourself.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
28-04-2016, 10:33 AM
(28-04-2016 10:28 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

You are completely incapable of critical thinking.
You LEARNED your cultural values, whether you know it or not, or are intelligent enough to recognize it or not.

That you need a particular culture to tell you what's right and wrong, says a lot about your character.

Self-contradiction following in 3..2..

28-04-2016, 10:35 AM
(28-04-2016 10:26 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(28-04-2016 10:23 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  That you need a religion (the "someone") to provide you your obligation, speaks volumes to your character.

I don't a need a religion either, as if I wouldn't know that stealing was wrong, if I wasn't raised into a religion.

In fact even Paul, observed that the Gentiles knew the moral law, even though they had no Book.

Discusses religion in relation to his morals, but then claims that his morals don't come from his religion Laugh out load

Doesn't need religion for his morals, uses an example from his religion Laugh out load

(Also, NO ONE said one needed a religious BOOK in order to derive their "morals" from a religious belief. Your example of Paul is irrelevant)

Describes his morals as subjective, without realizing it. Doubles down on his morals being objective because acknowledging the subjectivity would be contra to his deeply held religious beliefs.

Also, he maintains that he isn't here to preach his religion, but continues to preach his religion Laugh out load

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
28-04-2016, 10:37 AM
(28-04-2016 10:33 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(28-04-2016 10:28 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You are completely incapable of critical thinking.

That you need a particular culture to tell you what's right and wrong, says a lot about your character.

Emulation is the highest form of flattery. The fact that you try so hard, and fail so badly, to emulate me, indicates that I have hit a few nerves Laugh out load

For morals, yes, my culture shapes them and defines them.

For instinctual behavior related to the survival of myself and my family, evolution has provided me with the adaptations necessary to survive and thrive as part of the human species.

-Rick
[+] 4 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
28-04-2016, 10:39 AM
(28-04-2016 10:28 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You are completely incapable of critical thinking.

I was not the one who said that to you, so, thanks for proving you are unable to analyze a comment for its source. ALL human children, including YOU and me, LEARN their cultural values, (but since you know nothing about Psychology and human development, you wouldn't know anything about your subjective moral system you LEARNED from you environment. After you get done with English 101, maybe Bible College will let you take remedial Anthropology 101.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
28-04-2016, 10:40 AM

Err if you were raised in a culture that taught you that women were property, subhuman, that's what you'd probably believe.

I think that's what Bucky's getting at.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 2 users Like Loom's post
28-04-2016, 10:41 AM
(28-04-2016 10:35 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Also, he maintains that he isn't here to preach his religion, but continues to preach his religion Laugh out load

Kinda makes you wonder why an omnipotent deity doesn't cough up some better arguments. Or proponents... Consider

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 3 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
28-04-2016, 10:42 AM
(28-04-2016 10:41 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(28-04-2016 10:35 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Also, he maintains that he isn't here to preach his religion, but continues to preach his religion Laugh out load

Kinda makes you wonder why an omnipotent deity doesn't cough up some better arguments. Or proponents... Consider

It doesn't make me wonder, but it should make TommyBoy wonder Laugh out load

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post