We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2016, 10:42 AM
RE: We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com
(28-04-2016 10:28 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  All teleological claims are objective claims, whether true or not.

Shocking That makes no sense at all. Confused

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
28-04-2016, 10:43 AM
(28-04-2016 10:35 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Describes his morals as subjective, without realizing

Says the guy who thinks teleological statements are subjective statements, when they are either true or false.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
28-04-2016, 10:46 AM
(28-04-2016 10:43 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(28-04-2016 10:35 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Describes his morals as subjective, without realizing

Says the guy who thinks teleological statements are subjective statements, when they are either true or false.

A fork has a singular purpose

^neither true nor false. Because while the person who made the fork might have made if for a singular purpose and would say "true," another person who uses said fork for multiple purposes would say "false."

Your bullshit attempt to define "teleological" statements as only true or false is hilarious.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
28-04-2016, 10:46 AM
(28-04-2016 10:41 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(28-04-2016 10:35 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Also, he maintains that he isn't here to preach his religion, but continues to preach his religion Laugh out load

Kinda makes you wonder why an omnipotent deity doesn't cough up some better arguments. Or proponents... Consider

I've been asking that Jebus send in at least the junior varsity for quite some time.
Sadcryface2

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
28-04-2016, 10:49 AM
(28-04-2016 10:28 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(28-04-2016 10:21 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So it does not arise from any "objective" source. Interesting.
"Woven into who I am" is 100% subjective.
Thanks for finally admitting it.

All teleological claims are objective claims, whether true or not.

Do you have an implanted little button you can push to regurgitate those meaningless tidbits ?
The nature of the *claims* is entirely irrelevant. What IS relevant is that Neuroscience KNOWS how children learn, and where and how they get their values. Nice try though, to deflect, and change the subject to your well-worn apologetic shit they teach you to regurgitate by rote in Bible College. Praise the Lard. If I were you, I would "askew" the teleological route. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
28-04-2016, 10:50 AM
(28-04-2016 10:40 AM)Loom Wrote:  
(28-04-2016 10:33 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  That you need a particular culture to tell you what's right and wrong, says a lot about your character.

Self-contradiction following in 3..2..
Err if you were raised in a culture that taught you that women were property, subhuman, that's what you'd probably believe.
Or I might not, I might grow up in culture that thought that, and find it wrong. Just like those who grow up in culture that viewed blacks as less than human, were able to recognize that as wrong.

Culture might blind you from what's true, but you might recognize what's true regardless

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
[+] 1 user Likes Tomasia's post
28-04-2016, 10:52 AM
(28-04-2016 10:50 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(28-04-2016 10:40 AM)Loom Wrote:  Err if you were raised in a culture that taught you that women were property, subhuman, that's what you'd probably believe.
Or I might not, I might grow up in culture that thought that, and find it wrong. Just like those who grow up in culture that viewed blacks as less than human, were able to recognize that as wrong.

Culture might blind you from what's true, but you might recognize what's true regardless

TommyBoy is the one human on Earth who isn't influenced by cultures around him. He is insulated because he is special.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
28-04-2016, 10:54 AM
(28-04-2016 10:50 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(28-04-2016 10:40 AM)Loom Wrote:  Err if you were raised in a culture that taught you that women were property, subhuman, that's what you'd probably believe.

Hence the 'probably.'

For the most part you take your morals from the culture in which you are raised. It will have a heavy influence on what you believe what is right or wrong or how things should be done.

Much like how feral children often behave just like who or what they are raised by.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
28-04-2016, 10:54 AM
(28-04-2016 10:49 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-04-2016 10:28 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  All teleological claims are objective claims, whether true or not.

The nature of the *claims* is entirely irrelevant.
The nature of the claim is entirely relevant to whether or not it's a subjective or objective statement.

The claims made by ID proponents might be false, but they are not subjective claims. The same applies to any teleological claims.

28-04-2016, 10:56 AM
(28-04-2016 10:54 AM)Loom Wrote:  
(28-04-2016 10:50 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Or I might not, I might grow up in culture that thought that, and find it wrong. Just like those who grow up in culture that viewed blacks as less than human, were able to recognize that as wrong.

Hence the 'probably.'

For the most part you take your morals from the culture in which you are raised.

Much like how feral children often behave just like who or what they are raised by.

If you grew up in culture that believed the earth was flat, you'd probably believe the world was flat too.

So is truth also a cultural construct?