We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2016, 02:23 PM
(28-04-2016 02:17 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
Tomasia Wrote:And no, you think the claim the Jews were innocent is subjective, and not a fact. Either that or you're just a shitty fucking communicator, knowing you that's quite possible.

Eh, fuck off, Tomasia.

Err? I'm not sure why you are telling me to fuck off?

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2016, 02:25 PM
RE: We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com
(28-04-2016 02:23 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(28-04-2016 02:17 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Eh, fuck off, Tomasia.

Err? I'm not sure why you are telling me to fuck off?

I will consider that I may have misunderstood.
28-04-2016, 02:30 PM
(28-04-2016 02:25 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(28-04-2016 02:23 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Err? I'm not sure why you are telling me to fuck off?

I'd say fuck it, and do it live

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
28-04-2016, 02:34 PM
(28-04-2016 02:25 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(28-04-2016 02:23 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Err? I'm not sure why you are telling me to fuck off?

Nah, telling Tommy to fuck off is therapeutic. Congratulations on passing your level one swearing exam by the way.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
28-04-2016, 02:36 PM
(28-04-2016 02:08 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  The same way you measure how many angels can dance on the head of a needle.

Angels dance in pins, not needles, ya dummy.

Quote:Perhaps that question makes a good deal of sense at a humanist wankfest, in between patting themselves on the back at how good they all are.

You should know from wanking.
You aren't putting no fucking puzzle together. You are a wankfest.

Quote:Uncovering the myths and delusions created by dehumanizing, scapegoating, etc....

Well la tee dah. You're just a fucking hero, aren't you.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
28-04-2016, 02:38 PM
(28-04-2016 02:34 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(28-04-2016 02:25 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I will consider that I may have misunderstood.

Nah, telling Tommy to fuck off is therapeutic. Congratulations on passing your level one swearing exam by the way.

It felt good. I'm still not back in an emotional place where peanut butter is therapeutic.
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
28-04-2016, 02:39 PM
That's tough, Aliza.
Hug
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
28-04-2016, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2016 02:51 PM by EvolutionKills.)
Here's a fun test for you Tomasia, to see how well your objective morality works.

Is knowingly ending another human life immoral?

If your morality is objective, this is a simple 'yes' or 'no' question. If however you do start along the lines of 'if depends', you're now tacitly admitting that context is an important part of that determination.

Context sensitivity is subjective.

Things like 'circumstance' and 'justification' are indicative of subjective morality, because context matters. If a person dies as the victim of murder or as an act of self defense, they're still dead; the end result is objectively the same. However the context, the justification, the intent involved colors the situation; and is the determining factor in whether or not someone has done something morally wrong, not whether or not a individual is just dead. How they died matters.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
28-04-2016, 02:44 PM
(28-04-2016 02:38 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(28-04-2016 02:34 PM)morondog Wrote:  Nah, telling Tommy to fuck off is therapeutic. Congratulations on passing your level one swearing exam by the way.

It felt good. I'm still not back in an emotional place where peanut butter is therapeutic.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
28-04-2016, 03:23 PM
(28-04-2016 02:23 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  The point wasn't the 'equality' bit, it was the 'justification' bit.

I don't know what your asking me to justify, or why. Am I suppose to be justifying that equality matters, to those like yourself who likely agree with me that equality matters?

Quote:Yeah, but by what objective standards do you do such? And how do you determine that?

What objective standard would I show a person dehumanizing and scapegoating that they're dehumanizing and scapegoating? Or in other words how do I objectively show delusional people that they're delusional?

The same way I show Sandy Hook conspiracy folks that Sandy Hook wasn't a conspiracy, duh. I mean yea it's that fucking easy.

Quote:We want to know what your mechanism is, and you've done nothing but dodge the point. Claiming objective morality, then refusing to state how it works or why, is very dishonest on your part.

Oh like how one would explain how a car works, how the gears turn and shit? Your question to me are the equivalent of asking how many angels can dance on a needlehead. Better directed at your next humanist meeting, to supporters of Sam Harris.

To me objective morality is a self-evident, no moral problem exists that requires me to justify that morality is objective, because every moral dispute, involves some implicit knowledge of this, even for folks who as a result of their atheism, have to deny that morality is objective.

Perhaps this is because we live in a world where most people grew up in a religious society of some sort, that has always held morality as an objective thing, a part of a teleological view of life, regardless of moral disagreements.

And here's the kicker. For someone such as myself and others, which includes the bulk of humanity, who believes that morality is objective, our moral views don't become subjective if objective morality doesn't exist, they become false.

The same way the view that the earth is flat, doesn't become subjective when shown to be false.

Human moral beliefs, are not subjective beliefs, other than perhaps for a handful of
individual who hold to moral subjectivism. These views are predominately built on the belief that morality is objective. If objective morality doesn't exists, at best we might call this an Illusion, but we can't call it subjective. Which should be a fairly simple point to acknowledge, but I doubt it will be.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."