We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2016, 09:36 AM
RE: We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com
So can anyone talk about Enuma Elis and genesis for about 30 minutes?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
23-04-2016, 10:28 AM
(23-04-2016 09:14 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Listened to two of the podcasts to get an idea of what this show was all about. It's assuly pretty funny. (in a sad way)

They have one episode talking about how Batman v Superman is really about God.

And in one open call episode they had a guy go on a tangent and started talking about how he was arrested because a Witches Coven was in his apartment complex so he followed them for two months writing their actions. He then calmed that the Witches had put the police under a spell to arrest him on stalking charges.

He went to court and was let go with as long as he accepted a 2 mile restraining order. He felt he was let off the hook because of his notes and the grace of god.

You can't write this stuff.

Superman is Space Jesus, what a revelation!

In other insightful news, Spider-Man has interpersonal relationship issues, the X-Men are a bad analogy of the Civil Rights movement, and Deadpool is a 4th wall breaking smarmy jackass eerily similar to Ryan Reynolds. Rolleyes

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
23-04-2016, 11:16 AM
(23-04-2016 09:14 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Listened to two of the podcasts to get an idea of what this show was all about. It's assuly pretty funny. (in a sad way)

They have one episode talking about how Batman v Superman is really about God.

And in one open call episode they had a guy go on a tangent and started talking about how he was arrested because a Witches Coven was in his apartment complex so he followed them for two months writing their actions. He then calmed that the Witches had put the police under a spell to arrest him on stalking charges.

He went to court and was let go with as long as he accepted a 2 mile restraining order. He felt he was let off the hook because of his notes and the grace of god.

batman v superman kinda was about god. luthor literally said man vs god, or some such.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
23-04-2016, 11:35 AM
(23-04-2016 09:36 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  So can anyone talk about Enuma Elis and genesis for about 30 minutes?

Yes. So what ?
It's not like they're going to accept the syncretic literary borrowing from any of the Babylonian myths into Genesis, or know anything about how it happened, or know anything about how the Bible was written, or what the sources were.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
23-04-2016, 12:22 PM
(23-04-2016 11:35 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(23-04-2016 09:36 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  So can anyone talk about Enuma Elis and genesis for about 30 minutes?

Yes. So what ?
It's not like they're going to accept the syncretic literary borrowing from any of the Babylonian myths into Genesis, or know anything about how it happened, or know anything about how the Bible was written, or what the sources were.

I know about the similarities, and I know the bad "refutations", but I have yet to read about the connections.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
23-04-2016, 03:33 PM

I'll happily discuss Phil Collins and Genesis for 30 minutes. Thumbsup

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
23-04-2016, 03:35 PM
(23-04-2016 03:33 PM)Banjo Wrote:  

I'll happily discuss Phil Collins and Genesis for 30 minutes. Thumbsup

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
23-04-2016, 04:54 PM
(23-04-2016 09:14 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  And in one open call episode they had a guy go on a tangent and started talking about how he was arrested because a Witches Coven was in his apartment complex so he followed them for two months writing their actions. He then calmed that the Witches had put the police under a spell to arrest him on stalking charges.

WTF? The exact same thing happened to me!
And here I thought I was the only one with an embarrassing history as an evangelical witch stalker. Blush

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post
23-04-2016, 04:59 PM
Not sure after all I could talk about the Enuma Elish for 30 minutes,
but maybe I could talk about Elise's enema for a couple minutes.
Dodgy

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
23-04-2016, 05:53 PM
I have a longstanding challenge for any theist, if you would love to take it on-air:

I will convert to Christianity or Judaism if you can:

Successfully explain (to my satisfaction) The Exodus narrative where God is Moral and Good.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 9 users Like Atothetheist's post