We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2016, 11:21 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2016 11:31 AM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com
(02-05-2016 11:12 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 11:04 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Assertion no evidence.

The irony must have been lost on you.

I already EXPLAINED why what I said was true, and you are wrong. The only thing "lost" was your explanation.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
02-05-2016, 11:28 AM
(02-05-2016 11:16 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 10:41 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It's ALWAYS relative to the circumstance at hand, subjectively judged by the person acting. It's why there are judges, courts, and ethics committees, and it's also why all the major religious Moral Theology systems teach the "intention" in integral to a moral choice, and that ONLY (their) God can be the final judge.

First relative =/= Subjective

Secondly, we can also say that truth is subjectively judged by the person. Each person subjectively decides for himself whether a claim is true or not. Yet not many of us believe truth is subjective.

I never said "relative" = "subjective", but the circumstance of a human brain evaluating a given situation is ALWAYS subjective, (and according to you people, employs "free will*).

You really are desperate.
We're not talking about "truth" ... so that is irrelevant.
I don't give a shit about your continuing/constant use of the "ad populum" argument.

Stick to the subject AT HAND.
Nice try at evasion, by changing the subject.

Tell us EXACTLY what "objective morality" means.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
02-05-2016, 11:32 AM
(02-05-2016 11:28 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 11:16 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  First relative =/= Subjective

Secondly, we can also say that truth is subjectively judged by the person. Each person subjectively decides for himself whether a claim is true or not. Yet not many of us believe truth is subjective.

I never said "relative" = "subjective", but the circumstance of a human brain evaluating a given situation is ALWAYS subjective, (and according to you people, employs "free will*).

I don't give a shit about your continuing/constant use of the "ad populum" argument.

Lol, you're the one being evasive. I used to truth, as why your appeal to the subjective nature of judgement here, doesn't actually work in support of morality being subjective, anymore so than it does in support of truth being subjective. This was a part of my argument as well.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
02-05-2016, 11:36 AM
(02-05-2016 11:32 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 11:28 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I never said "relative" = "subjective", but the circumstance of a human brain evaluating a given situation is ALWAYS subjective, (and according to you people, employs "free will*).

Lol, you're the one being evasive. I used to truth, as why your appeal to the subjective nature of judgement here, doesn't actually work in support of morality being subjective, anymore so than it does in support of truth being subjective. This was a part of my argument as well.

It may be a bad analogy but it supports nothing.
So .... you can't tell us what "objective morality" even means.
Every human brain assembles facts and standards for both truth and morality.
There is no universal agreement on either the methods or the substance of either. .
So you're wrong about both, and just dug your hole even deeper.

02-05-2016, 11:40 AM
(02-05-2016 11:36 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It may be a bad analogy but it supports nothing.

http://www.philosophybasics.com/branch_m...alism.html

Quote:Every human brain assembles facts and standards for both truth and morality.
There is no universal agreement on either the methods or the substance of either. .

So at the very least you lack a belief in objective truth as well?

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
02-05-2016, 11:58 AM
(02-05-2016 11:40 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 11:36 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It may be a bad analogy but it supports nothing.

http://www.philosophybasics.com/branch_m...alism.html

Quote:Every human brain assembles facts and standards for both truth and morality.

So at the very least you lack a belief in objective truth as well?

So sad.

Posting a link to an assertion without explaining why it is true is not helping you. You have presented NO EVIDENCE that " that there exist such things as moral facts and moral values, and that these are objective and independent of our perception of them or our beliefs, feelings or other attitudes towards them. Therefore, moral judgments describe moral facts, which are as certain in their own way as mathematical facts" is true, or how one would determine their "objectivity", or a standard for such determination.

I never said I lacked a belief in "objective truth" .... THAT is NOT THE SUBJECT AT HAND ... your constant attempt to weasel out of this, just shows how bad your argument for "objective morality", or even a positing MECHANISM to judge an act "objectively".

So you have 3 jobs here.
Prove to us that objective morality exists,
tell us how you have determined that.
Then show us (with an example) an/the "objective" methodology by which human brains "objectively" judge an act to be in line with these objective moral standards.

02-05-2016, 12:02 PM
Holy fuck, all that for Tomasia to do nothing but exactly what I fucking called. Do nothing but make assertions, and utterly fail to justify them or support them with evidence.

It's presuppositionalism stupidity. Fucking pathetic.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
02-05-2016, 12:09 PM
(02-05-2016 11:58 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I never said I lacked a belief in "objective truth" .... THAT is NOT THE SUBJECT AT HAND ... your constant attempt to weasel out of this, just shows how bad your argument for "objective morality", or even a positing MECHANISM to judge an act "objectively".

There you go evasion number 2.

Do you believe that objective truth exists, even though what's true or not is judged subjectively?

02-05-2016, 12:13 PM
(02-05-2016 12:02 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Holy fuck, all that for Tomasia to do nothing but exactly what I fucking called. Do nothing but make assertions, and utterly fail to justify them or support them with evidence.

It's presuppositionalism stupidity. Fucking pathetic.

Dude, take a fucking chill pill.

02-05-2016, 12:15 PM
Well, where did all the objective thoughts come from all across the world point of conversation go...

As I mentioned every single time it comes up and you just scuffle on to other points but never make a real idea out of it because it's seemingly a forgone stepping stone.

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post