We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2016, 02:06 PM
RE: We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com
(02-05-2016 02:03 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 02:02 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Because that's what brains do, they LEARN. Want to know I how I know brains learn, I learned it! You should try it some time. It's easy:
Step 1) admit you're ignorant and need to learn
Step 2) learn what you don't know
Step 3) keep going, you don't know it all yet and never will

You're doing it wrong if you can't admit when wrong.
You're also doing it wrong if you're not trying to listen to others.
You're also doing it wrong if you keep shifting the burden of proof, moving the goal posts, throwing out red herrings, using straw men, etc, etc, etc.

You avoided answering the question.

And you should know all about that.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
02-05-2016, 02:06 PM
(02-05-2016 02:03 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 02:02 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Because that's what brains do, they LEARN. Want to know I how I know brains learn, I learned it! You should try it some time. It's easy:
Step 1) admit you're ignorant and need to learn
Step 2) learn what you don't know
Step 3) keep going, you don't know it all yet and never will

You're doing it wrong if you can't admit when wrong.
You're also doing it wrong if you're not trying to listen to others.
You're also doing it wrong if you keep shifting the burden of proof, moving the goal posts, throwing out red herrings, using straw men, etc, etc, etc.

You avoided answering the question.

The answer is literally the first sentence in my reply:
"Because that's what brains do, they LEARN. "

Read in context, "yes" would be understood to precede the word "Because." This is how the English language works. Learn it.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
02-05-2016, 02:08 PM
(02-05-2016 02:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 02:03 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  You avoided answering the question.

And you should know all about that.

Except I answered the damn question. Drinking Beverage

-Rick
02-05-2016, 02:15 PM
(02-05-2016 02:05 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 02:02 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  But does this mean that truth is subjective, in your view?

Show us the measure of "truth" and how one does this measure. Then show us the way to quantify the amount of truth that exists, and how you ascertain this.

How much "truth" does a statement need in order to be "true?" Is it proportional? Can it be 90% "truth" and 10% "not" and still be "true?" What about the reverse? What units does a "truth" have?

Drinking Beverage

If you agree with DOM's position that truth and morality are subjective. I have no further arguments. You have your truths, and I'll have my truths, since it's all subjective there's no means to convince you otherwise, anymore so than trying to convince you that tulips are prettier than daisies.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
02-05-2016, 02:16 PM
(02-05-2016 02:08 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 02:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  And you should know all about that.

Except I answered the damn question. Drinking Beverage

Dom answered the damn question, you didn't.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
02-05-2016, 02:21 PM
(02-05-2016 02:16 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 02:08 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Except I answered the damn question. Drinking Beverage

"If you agree with DOM's position that truth and morality are subjective. I have no further arguments. You have your truths, and I'll have my truths, since it's all subjective there's no means to convince you otherwise, anymore so than trying to convince you that tulips are prettier than daisies."

Having already answered this, twice, it almost feels silly telling you, yet again, that yes, morality AND truth are subjective.

YOU make the claim these things are objective, so demonstrate proof of YOUR CLAIMS. The subjective nature of truth and morality, has been given to you 100 times over by numerous people.

-Rick
02-05-2016, 02:21 PM
(02-05-2016 02:16 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 02:08 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Except I answered the damn question. Drinking Beverage

You don't understand english.

-Rick
02-05-2016, 02:22 PM
(02-05-2016 02:21 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 02:16 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Dom answered the damn question, you didn't.

"If you agree with DOM's position that truth and morality are subjective. I have no further arguments. You have your truths, and I'll have my truths, since it's all subjective there's no means to convince you otherwise, anymore so than trying to convince you that tulips are prettier than daisies."

Having already answered this, twice, it almost feels silly telling you, yet again, that yes, morality AND truth are subjective.

Thank you, pleasure doing business with you.

02-05-2016, 02:24 PM
(02-05-2016 02:22 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 02:21 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  "If you agree with DOM's position that truth and morality are subjective. I have no further arguments. You have your truths, and I'll have my truths, since it's all subjective there's no means to convince you otherwise, anymore so than trying to convince you that tulips are prettier than daisies."

Thank you, pleasure doing business with you.

Your response indicates that you recognize that you can't actually answer straightforward questions about your bullshit and that you are conceding defeat?

I assume this means you'll stop peddling this bullshit all over the forum? Or more likely, are you just being a disingenuous and presumptuous arrogant asshole whose sole purpose on the forum remains to troll with your theistic bullshit? Consider

-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
02-05-2016, 02:26 PM
(02-05-2016 02:24 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 02:22 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Thank you, pleasure doing business with you.

Your response indicates that you recognize that you can't actually answer straightforward questions about your bullshit and that you are conceding defeat?

I assume this means you'll stop peddling this bullshit all over the forum? Or more likely, are you just being a disingenuous and presumptuous arrogant asshole whose sole purpose on the forum remains to troll with your theistic bullshit? Consider

Since truth is subjective there's no such thing as defeat. We'll just have to agree to disagree. You have your truths, and I have mine. I like daisies better you like tulips, there's no foundation to argue otherwise. I'm neither right or wrong, nor are you.