We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2016, 04:31 PM
RE: We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com
(02-05-2016 03:56 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 03:52 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  NOW, your attempt to equate the questions of objective morality and truth with daisy preference ? THAT'S all this meant to you. truth.

Daisy preferences, truth, and morality according to atheists here are subjective.

Nope. Fail again.
Your failure to demonstrate the objectivity of morality or truth, means nothing else.
You failed. That's ALL it means.

Even if they happened to all be subjective, it says nothing about their relative IMPORTANCE. Your disingenuous attempt to derail your failure by making it look unimportant, and equating them with daisy preference is just another example of your dishonesty.

YOU said truth, morality, and daisy preference were how YOU see this.
It's YOUR values that are being exposed here.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
02-05-2016, 05:11 PM
(02-05-2016 04:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 03:56 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Daisy preferences, truth, and morality according to atheists here are subjective.

I don't agree with the odd arguments that truth is subjective, largely because 'truth' hasn't been adequately defined.
Logic and reason has led atheists like TbD, Dom, Bucky to affirm that truth is subjective. If you believe otherwise then you're not doing logic right

Smile

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
02-05-2016, 05:14 PM
(02-05-2016 04:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Nope. Fail again.
Your failure to demonstrate the objectivity of morality or truth, means nothing else.
You failed. That's ALL it means.

I'm not sure how you fail at something you never even attempted, lol. Might as well tell me I failed to win the WNBA championship, or the Tour de France.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
02-05-2016, 05:16 PM
(02-05-2016 05:11 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 04:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  I don't agree with the odd arguments that truth is subjective, largely because 'truth' hasn't been adequately defined.
Logic and reason has led atheists like TbD, Dom, Bucky to affirm that truth is subjective. If you believe otherwise then you're not doing logic right

Smile

Logic and reason and evidence lead one to these conclusions. You're reply to Chas is moronic because (as he clearly states) his objection is largely to what the word "truth" means.

Our replies (Dom and Bucky and I) are in relation to the warped way in which YOU use truth, you witless troll Consider

Fuck, you're reading comprehension is abysmal.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
02-05-2016, 05:31 PM
(02-05-2016 05:16 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 05:11 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Logic and reason has led atheists like TbD, Dom, Bucky to affirm that truth is subjective. If you believe otherwise then you're not doing logic right

Smile

Logic and reason and evidence lead one to these conclusions. You're reply to Chas is moronic because (as he clearly states) his objection is largely to what the word "truth" means.

Our replies (Dom and Bucky and I) are in relation to the warped way in which YOU use truth, you witless troll Consider

You and Dom, both claimed that truth is subjective, in fact based on views borrowed verbatim from Bucky.

02-05-2016, 05:39 PM
(02-05-2016 05:31 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 05:16 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Logic and reason and evidence lead one to these conclusions. You're reply to Chas is moronic because (as he clearly states) his objection is largely to what the word "truth" means.

You and Dom, both claimed that truth is subjective, in fact based on views borrowed verbatim from Bucky.

All totally irrelevant. YOU failed to even begin making an argument for objective morality. You proved you were incapable of doing that.

Then you said it was a draw.

Then you said what was a draw was never an attempt.

Fuck

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
02-05-2016, 05:44 PM
(02-05-2016 05:39 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 05:31 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  You and Dom, both claimed that truth is subjective, in fact based on views borrowed verbatim from Bucky.

All totally irrelevant. YOU failed to even begin making an argument for objective morality. You proved you were incapable of doing that.

Fuck

Nope, I began with an argument that subjective morality doesn't exist, regardless if objective morality exists or not. And not an arguments that objective morality exists.

I believe objective morality exists, but I didn't argue for it. I claimed repeatedly that I couldn't convince folks here who don't subscribe to moral realism, that this is true.

Then I interestingly found myself having a variety of atheists declare truth is subjective, which is always fun.

02-05-2016, 05:46 PM
(02-05-2016 05:11 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 04:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  I don't agree with the odd arguments that truth is subjective, largely because 'truth' hasn't been adequately defined.

Smile

I never said that you lying troll. I said under some circumstances it may be.
But thanks for demonstrating your real intention here ... you said you're here to understand other's points of view.

Clearly you're here to be judgmental, and make yourself feel superior.

YOU have not even begun an attempt to demonstrate the PROCESS or mechanism by which your brain recognizes, processes,
or LEARNS about objective truth, morals, or even off the beginning of a definition for either.

[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
02-05-2016, 05:51 PM
(02-05-2016 05:44 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 05:39 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  All totally irrelevant. YOU failed to even begin making an argument for objective morality. You proved you were incapable of doing that.

Fuck

Nope, I began with an argument that subjective morality doesn't exist, regardless if objective morality exists or not. And not an arguments that objective morality exists.

I believe objective morality exists, but I didn't argue for it. I claimed repeatedly that I couldn't convince folks here who don't subscribe to moral realism, that this is true.

Then I interestingly found myself having a variety of atheists declare truth is subjective, which is always fun.

You never offered a coherent argument that morality could be anything OTHER than subjective, or what the practical mechanisms and processes for that would be.

Then you changed the subject, as you lost.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
02-05-2016, 05:57 PM
(02-05-2016 05:51 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 05:44 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Nope, I began with an argument that subjective morality doesn't exist, regardless if objective morality exists or not. And not an arguments that objective morality exists.

You never offered a coherent argument that morality could be anything OTHER than subjective, or what the practical mechanisms and processes for that would be.

Then you changed the subject, as you lost.

Actually that's a point I argued for repeatedly, by reiterating the fact that not objectively true =/= subjective.

Moral realist don't become moral subjectivist, if moral realism is false.

The view that it's objectively immoral to torture babies just for fun, doesn't transform into a subjective view, if objective morality doesn't exist. It would just mean that claim is false.