We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2016, 07:38 PM
RE: We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com
(02-05-2016 06:50 PM)pablo Wrote:  This reminds me of the intentional boulder.

That rock had bad intentions!

(There have been whole threads devoted to ol' TommyBoy's issues with comprehension and terminology and facts and...etc)

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
02-05-2016, 07:39 PM
(02-05-2016 07:38 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 06:50 PM)pablo Wrote:  This reminds me of the intentional boulder.

That rock had bad intentions!

(There have been whole threads devoted to ol' TommyBoy's issues with comprehension and terminology and facts and...etc)

And even more threads plagued with groupthink.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
02-05-2016, 07:43 PM
(02-05-2016 07:39 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 07:38 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  That rock had bad intentions!

And even more threads plagued with groupthink.

Theist comes to an atheist forum and complains that the atheists don't buy into his religious bullshit and don't let him get away with blind assertions.

The irony of a religious person accusing others of "group think" is fucking hilarious.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 5 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
02-05-2016, 07:50 PM
(02-05-2016 07:43 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 07:39 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  And even more threads plagued with groupthink.

Theist comes to an atheist forum and complains that the atheists don't buy into his religious bullshit and don't let him get away with blind assertions.

The irony of a religious person accusing others of "group think" is fucking hilarious.

I have no complaints. Smile

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
02-05-2016, 07:51 PM
When ones stated desire is arguing I don't see many outcomes other than perceived dismissal.

Maybe if learning, discussing, teaching, informing, etc. Was the goal... which sort of relates to the thread as well. I don't get the desire to have some perceived representative of a unrelated entity to the god talk site. There's not like there's some established history there.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
02-05-2016, 07:53 PM
(02-05-2016 07:24 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 07:18 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Facepalm

No dear. When you grow up and go to a real school, you may learn there are ways to determine some things, in some ways, and they really are objective.

And it's your mind doing all the learning, all the determining, all the judging as to what is really objective or not.

According to you, such a dependency implies that it's all subjective.

No. As I said, there are ways to determine what may be objective.
There is nothing in your brain that was not learned, including whether a shape resembles what you as a toddler LEARNED that others called a triangle or a rectangle, and learned to call it yourself.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
02-05-2016, 07:55 PM
There went an hour of my life I will never get back.

I did learn a couple things. One is that Aliza is much feistier than I first thought. The other is that Tomasia has a script that he uses with fits of temper (and not very Christian behavior) thrown in here and there.

Other than gaining even more respect for Aliza, this has been a waste of time.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
02-05-2016, 08:03 PM
(02-05-2016 07:39 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  And even more threads plagued with groupthink.

Quote:I have no complaints. Smile

If you say so.
Why are you here ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
02-05-2016, 08:10 PM
(02-05-2016 07:06 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 06:51 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Nope. Reality exists. Some minds grasp some parts of reality. They *determine* nothing. You actually have NO CLUE what we are talking about here, do you ?

The *grasping* can be more or less complete or accurate which is partially why the *grasping* is subjective. What individual minds grasp as "true" ABOUT Reality has nothing to do with Reality existing. Minds in no way "determine" Reality.

I think we should chip in and get you a dictionary.

If a mind independent reality exists we would not know it. The only reality you know is that mental abstraction in your head.

Judging that we're all trapped in our minds, I guess that would mean reality is subjective?

But we aren't trapped in our minds. We perceive reality, we get concurrence and confirmation from others' observations.

Reality is, therefore, objective.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
02-05-2016, 08:11 PM
(02-05-2016 07:01 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 06:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  Wrong usage of "determines". You seem to lack the ability to understand words with multiple usages or shades of meaning, e.g. the lengths of the two sides of a rectangle determine its area, the percentage of the vote determines the winner.

Can a rock determine what a rectangle is? What the area of a rectangle is? Who the winners of the vote are?

Does a slice of pizza determine its own area, measure its sides? Or is it minds that do all the determining here?

If minds ceased to exist would there be any determining going on? Regardless of whichever meaning of the word you prefer.

I don't think you actually read my response with any actual understanding. Use a dictionary.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post