We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2016, 07:51 AM
RE: We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com
(04-05-2016 07:32 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 04:34 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  It's not solipsism. Solipsism requires me to believe that only my mind exists, I don't believe that. I'm stating an absolute fact, that we're trapped in our own minds. An analogy would be a man trapped in a prison cell, perceives the outside world behind the bars of the cell, the windows of the cell, etc.... This doesn't require him to believe that only what's behind his prison cell exists.

People here routinely remind me that I'm not a mind reader. That I can't know what goes on in other minds, only what goes on in mine. Even as you point out that other minds exists. So they don't seem entirely amiss of the point.
Really that's an absolute fact to you. You have complete evidence or whatever layer of testimony to convince you away from the ideas of a universal consiousness; where we can connect to and transfer to it at some stage making us more than merely our own mind.

Well I've said it of the past, I guess you just know things clearly without much need for that old behavior of doubting and exploring.

Oh, so you're one of those guys, who leans towards the belief in a universal consciousness?

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2016, 08:05 AM
(04-05-2016 07:51 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 07:32 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Really that's an absolute fact to you. You have complete evidence or whatever layer of testimony to convince you away from the ideas of a universal consiousness; where we can connect to and transfer to it at some stage making us more than merely our own mind.

Well I've said it of the past, I guess you just know things clearly without much need for that old behavior of doubting and exploring.

Oh, so you're one of those guys, who leans towards the belief in a universal consciousness?

Not too much, maybe some similar traits. But as someone who takes almost nothing as something I know for certain to absolutely. I am often peaked on interest by people who have beliefs in some (whatever term/label) thoughts but seem to disregard to claim falsehood to other but different thoughts of the same nature.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
04-05-2016, 09:20 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2016 10:24 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(04-05-2016 04:34 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  I'm stating an absolute fact, that we're trapped in our own minds. An analogy would be a man trapped in a prison cell, perceives the outside world behind the bars of the cell, the windows of the cell, etc.... This doesn't require him to believe that only what's behind his prison cell exists.

Wrong yet again. Facepalm
We can communicate reliably with trustworthy sources of information outside our minds, and we possess all sorts of instruments to detect and verify things outside the "cell". As usual, your lame analogy is false, and you are completely wrong. We are in no way "trapped" in anything.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
04-05-2016, 10:16 AM
So in being either unwilling or unable to defend 'objective morality', Tomasia is now on the doorstep of fucking solipsism. What a slow-motion train wreck.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
04-05-2016, 10:23 AM
(04-05-2016 09:20 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 04:34 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  I'm stating an absolute fact, that we're trapped in our own minds. An analogy would be a man trapped in a prison cell, perceives the outside world behind the bars of the cell, the windows of the cell, etc.... This doesn't require him to believe that only what's behind his prison cell exists.

Wrong yet again. Facepalm
We can communicate reliably with trustworthy sources of information outside our minds, and we possess all sorts of instruments to detect and verify things outside the cell. As usual, your lame analogy is false, and you are completely wrong. We are in no way "trapped" in anything.

Like a guy in a prison cell, who can communicate with the guards. Doesn't change the fact that he's trapped in his cell/mind. I'm not escaping my mind when talking with other minds.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
04-05-2016, 10:25 AM
Just use the cave dude.

It's a clear historically sound allegory already in place.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
04-05-2016, 10:25 AM
(04-05-2016 10:16 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  So in being either unwilling or unable to defend 'objective morality', Tomasia is now on the doorstep of fucking solipsism. What a slow-motion train wreck.

When a variety of atheists here, declared their allegiance to subjective truth, that's the end of any argument.

04-05-2016, 10:49 AM
(04-05-2016 10:23 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 09:20 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Wrong yet again. Facepalm
We can communicate reliably with trustworthy sources of information outside our minds, and we possess all sorts of instruments to detect and verify things outside the cell. As usual, your lame analogy is false, and you are completely wrong. We are in no way "trapped" in anything.

Like a guy in a prison cell, who can communicate with the guards. Doesn't change the fact that he's trapped in his cell/mind. I'm not escaping my mind when talking with other minds.

Nope. Fallacy of the false analogy. As I said, there are all sorts of communication/verification methods we have to communicate/detect/study/verify/learn about, what is external to our minds. We are not limited to "talking to the guards", (although you might be).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
04-05-2016, 12:12 PM
(04-05-2016 10:25 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 10:16 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  So in being either unwilling or unable to defend 'objective morality', Tomasia is now on the doorstep of fucking solipsism. What a slow-motion train wreck.

When a variety of atheists here, declared their allegiance to subjective truth, that's the end of any argument.

Wrong. All you had to do was demonstrate how the idea is wrong, instead of playing the victim and implying a conspriacy. Boo hoo. Facepalm

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
04-05-2016, 12:48 PM
(04-05-2016 10:49 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Nope. Fallacy of the false analogy. As I said, there are all sorts of communication/verification methods we have to communicate/detect/study/verify/learn about, what is external to our minds. We are not limited to "talking to the guards", (although you might be).

Did you escape you mind when you were communicating with others, or when you were verifying something?

I think not.