We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2016, 02:58 PM
RE: We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com
(19-06-2016 01:43 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I guess I chose not to go on their show thing. Did anyone from here did go?

They never followed up.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-06-2016, 11:16 PM
(19-06-2016 02:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(19-06-2016 02:43 PM)Banjo Wrote:  What a horrid song. Sadcryface

Blame the pothead

Hey I didn't write that shit. I chose it cuz I was emulating you (and your oft horrid taste).

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
22-06-2016, 09:18 PM
(19-06-2016 02:58 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(19-06-2016 01:43 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I guess I chose not to go on their show thing. Did anyone from here did go?

They never followed up.

eh, oh well. Didn't really care or wanted to anyway.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
01-09-2016, 08:29 PM
(19-06-2016 02:58 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  

They never followed up.

Yes they did.

Not that I actually volunteered and I still don't know why they asked me to be on their show but I've just finished a one hour session. No idea how I came across (probably badly).

Man, that Kentucky accent is weird!

Undecided

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
01-09-2016, 08:33 PM
(01-09-2016 08:29 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(19-06-2016 02:58 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  They never followed up.

Yes they did.

Not that I actually volunteered and I still don't know why they asked me to be on their show but I've just finished a one hour session. No idea how I came across (probably badly).

Undecided

I honestly look forwards to links so that i may bask in the auditory glory that is DLJ's voice.

Heart

Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like Peebothuhul's post
01-09-2016, 08:56 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2016 09:00 PM by Gloucester.)
Late in this thread but just hoping that they are kind and honest in the editing of that hour!

Have seen what some can do. If it were me I would have ensured that there was a continuous, independent video record!

But then, I can be paranoid about such things, having watched reporters twist and mangle a story.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
02-09-2016, 03:08 AM
I note that the God-Talk [sic] site claims the following...

"God-Talk is a show that seeks to honestly integrate the realms of faith, science and metaphysics...", and "We try to take a scientific approach...".

The first is a multiple self-contradiction. And the second is an outright lie.

—So much for the theist definition of honesty LOL.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
02-09-2016, 11:38 PM
(01-09-2016 08:29 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(19-06-2016 02:58 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  They never followed up.

Yes they did.

Undecided

To my pleasant surprise, I thought that the hosts were very fair and reasonable to you. I thought that you sounded like you were not edited in such a way that your message was distorted in any way. I also liked how they were more focused on finding common ground between your belief systems rather than trying to bash your belief system or badgering you to try to get you to adopt their views.

With that said, as much as I thought that they were very fair to you, I still found their personal views to be distasteful. They were certainly unsuccessful in compelling me to want to adopt their way of thinking. Level-headed Christian company excluded (KC and Shai Hulud), I often wonder if the Christian people realize how strange their message comes across to people from outside their faith system. While you sounded rational and level-headed, the hosts seemed like they were locked into this narrow-minded, archaic way of thinking that disabled them from gaining a wider perspective. I mean this with respect to them because they sounded like they were very decent to you, but listening to them made me feel very grateful that I wasn’t raised Christian because my hopes and dreams are so much bigger than anything Christianity would ever allow for me.
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
03-09-2016, 12:19 AM
Where can I go to hear this interview? I couldn't find it on the god-talk website.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
03-09-2016, 12:37 AM
(03-09-2016 12:19 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Where can I go to hear this interview? I couldn't find it on the god-talk website.

Soundcloud
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post