"We will one day venture to the stars." True?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2016, 06:11 PM
RE: "We will one day venture to the stars." True?
Do ya realize 100 years ago, they didn't even know about other galaxies ?
The trend of human knowledge is parabolically increasing.
Yeah. Humans will be doing amazing stuff.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
24-12-2016, 06:35 PM
I think it may well be possible ... in a few millenia.
25-12-2016, 08:50 AM
I think they fail to realize how unsurvivable going to a star would be for humans... even a Droid to study that close within a star will melt before getting good data like the Venus missions

I say stick to rocky objects

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
25-12-2016, 12:18 PM
(24-12-2016 02:12 PM)pablo Wrote:  The most dangerous threat to our species right now is us.
The sooner we can get some of us off of this rock, and living independently somewhere else, the better chance we have to survive as a whole.

The problem with "getting some of us off this rock" is that those someones will be us (as in your first sentence). Drinking Beverage

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
[+] 1 user Likes Ro3bert's post
25-12-2016, 12:35 PM
(25-12-2016 12:18 PM)Ro3bert Wrote:  
(24-12-2016 02:12 PM)pablo Wrote:  The most dangerous threat to our species right now is us.
The sooner we can get some of us off of this rock, and living independently somewhere else, the better chance we have to survive as a whole.

The problem with "getting some of us off this rock" is that those someones will be us (as in your first sentence). Drinking Beverage

The difference this time is that the "adventurers" will be boffins rather than pirates.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-12-2016, 12:45 PM
There are at the very minimum two problems to overcome physical and psychological.
How do you build a vehicle large enough with not only the ability to move through space at a sufficient speed but provide the necessary processes to sustain the inhabitants and how do you get a number of humans to survive cramped into a small space without them attacking each other that will be over a number of lifetimes. Cryogenics?

I seriously doubt our colonizing the stars with our present understanding of physics. So baring some absolutely incredible new advances in many scientific areas the likelihood of us (using the term loosely) traveling to the stars is problematic.

That and finding a suitable "rock" to immigrate to. A very major problem at this time.

I believe that Homo sapiens will become extinct long before we will be able to develop the necessary knowledge that will allow us to make that great leap. I was wrong once before but not so sure I am this time.

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
[+] 1 user Likes Ro3bert's post
25-12-2016, 01:46 PM
The only place we're going is extinct.
25-12-2016, 02:12 PM
Hello! Big Grin

(25-12-2016 12:45 PM)Ro3bert Wrote:  There are at the very minimum two problems to overcome physical and psychological.
How do you build a vehicle large enough with not only the ability to move through space at a sufficient speed but provide the necessary processes to sustain the inhabitants and how do you get a number of humans to survive cramped into a small space without them attacking each other that will be over a number of lifetimes. Cryogenics?

I seriously doubt our colonizing the stars with our present understanding of physics. So baring some absolutely incredible new advances in many scientific areas the likelihood of us (using the term loosely) traveling to the stars is problematic.

That and finding a suitable "rock" to immigrate to. A very major problem at this time.

I believe that Homo sapiens will become extinct long before we will be able to develop the necessary knowledge that will allow us to make that great leap. I was wrong once before but not so sure I am this time.

As I posted previously. Look up the Nuclear powered rocket idea "Orion"

A vessel up to 8,000,000 tons was the upper limit of what could possibly be built back in the 50's... So size, mass and space don't seem to be a problem with it. Big Grin
25-12-2016, 05:52 PM
It takes light over 4 years to get here from the closest star (excluding our Sun).
It would take a very long time to journey to another solar system, We can't travel anywhere near the speed of light.
25-12-2016, 10:23 PM
(25-12-2016 02:12 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Hello! Big Grin

(25-12-2016 12:45 PM)Ro3bert Wrote:  There are at the very minimum two problems to overcome physical and psychological.

As I posted previously. Look up the Nuclear powered rocket idea "Orion"

A vessel up to 8,000,000 tons was the upper limit of what could possibly be built back in the 50's... So size, mass and space don't seem to be a problem with it. Big Grin

Consider Maybe that's why the chump wants to build more nukes. He's going to Alpha Centauri to take over, with his "best brains".