Website Suggestions: Petitions & Elections.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2012, 10:23 PM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2012 10:26 PM by Refuting_Ignorance_Every_Day.)
Website Suggestions: Petitions & Elections.
This website, this community is fabulous. With many humorous, kind members (exception: earmuffs) and few trolls (like earmuffs); this community is a great place to spend time on.

But, with anything, there is always room for some kind of improvement. So, that's why I am presenting my suggestions for the forums.

1. Elections. Shouldn't moderators be chosen by the community so that they can represent what the community wants? That's what I believe.
My suggestion is that on December 1st of every year, an election should be held for moderators/admins.
The requirements for a moderator should be:
1. At least a hundred posts.
2. No warnings.

While the requirements for an admin should be.
1. Must have been a moderator for at least one term.
2. Meets the requirement for a moderator.
3. Must be 18 years of age.

Both a moderator and an admin will have a one-year term that starts on January 1st and ends on January 1st of the next year.
A moderator/admin can be elected to three terms max. After that, they can no longer run for an election.

Different people of different ranks will have different voting power.
Already existing moderators votes will constitute as two, while admins votes will count as three. Normal users will have one vote.

The election will end on December 31.
The top x most voted candidates for moderators will become moderators, while the top x most voted candidates for admins will become admins.
Simple enough?

Petitions:
Upon composing a forum thread, there should be an option which allows you to attach a petition to urge either a user to be banned or a change on the website.
If enough users sign it; then an email will be sent to Seth, and if he approves, the request will be met.

Cool story, bro. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2012, 10:26 PM
RE: Website Suggestions: Petitions & Elections.
Add a barbed-wire fence surrounding the compound, free-love and liberal use of LSD and I'd say you have something, here. Big Grin

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
23-12-2012, 10:28 PM
No. People are stupid.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
23-12-2012, 10:29 PM
(23-12-2012 10:28 PM)lucradis Wrote:  No. People are stupid.

And, so begins the revolution.

Cool story, bro. Drinking Beverage
23-12-2012, 10:48 PM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2012 11:12 PM by kingschosen.)
lol what the crap, dude?

Look.

I'm trying to be nice here... as I'm neutral to you... so don''t take this the wrong way...

But...

1) You started your topic off trolling another member without warrant. Yes, I realize you two have already bumped heads, but leave that crap in the topics where they originate.

2) You've been here less than a week and have made 32 posts and you're already trying to find a way to oust and revamp the board's government.

3) You have zero clue what goes on behind closed doors around here. You have zero clue how much time and effort the forum team has placed into making this place as good as it is.

4) There isn't a thing wrong with the forum's government... sure mistakes are made; however, this place is run magnificently, and the general consensus is that people have faith in trust in the forum team and empirical evidence of success of our forum team and respect the current members.

5) That being said, even if there was a vote, the same people would stay in charge.

6) You can't run a forum on democracy. It needs to be run by a well trusted team, and unlike politics, the longer the team member is in place, the better he/she is. Team members aren't paid to do what they do. They do it because of their love for the community and the other members.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
23-12-2012, 10:51 PM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2012 10:57 PM by kingschosen.)
Moreover, you need to read the forum rules.

I think it will answer a lot of your grievances with apparent "free speech" and your mention of Seth.

This is addressing what you said about "petitions".

Forum Rules

23-12-2012, 11:02 PM
KC,
I have to take issue with your point 4) above:

Faith is belief 'without' evidence.

We have 'trust' in our overlords / overseers / benign dictatorship / friends.

Carry on. Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
23-12-2012, 11:08 PM
(23-12-2012 11:02 PM)DLJ Wrote:  KC,
I have to take issue with your point 4) above:

Faith is belief 'without' evidence.

We have 'trust' in our overlords / overseers / benign dictatorship / friends.

Carry on. Drinking Beverage
oh you

Edit:
fixed

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
24-12-2012, 10:14 AM
(23-12-2012 10:28 PM)lucradis Wrote:  No. People are stupid.
No truer words have ever been spoken.