Weed vs Asthma

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2017, 07:18 PM
Weed vs Asthma
So about 6 years ago I stopped smoking cigarettes because it literally almost killed me. A year later I had a draw back and that one cigarette I had that day again almost killed me.
I am, btw, not overly dramatic. My doctor got pale at my state and I had to take like 12 pills a day and stay in bed for a whole week (like actually not allowed to leave the bed unless it is for the toilet).

A while back I smoked some ... I think apple tobacco through a water pipe and that tasted nice as well as it did not hurt my lungs or cause any bad reaction.

Now comes the big price question. Anybody here got asthma and smokes weed? Care to share?

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2017, 08:14 PM
RE: Weed vs Asthma
I think the best thing for you is to not smoke anything at all.
If you want to know about weed because you're looking for the buzz, there are smokeless alternatives, such as edibles.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
26-02-2017, 08:27 PM
Huh. Whodda thunk it.

...THC’s ability to dilate respiratory passages and inhibit coughing as factors that make it beneficial for some patients. Turns out, cannabis actually does the opposite of tobacco smoke in that it expands, rather than constricts bronchial passageways. ... Even doctors have been surprised to see their patients get almost immediate relief from asthma attacks after smoking cannabis.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
26-02-2017, 08:33 PM
I've heard people say weed is good for asthma. My mom used to burn it like incense under a blanket for her asthma. A doctor once told me I have asthma. I haven't used a puffer in a long time though. Anyway, weed never did my lungs any good at all. Made me cough is all. You can try it but I agree you'll probably end up going with edibles.
26-02-2017, 08:47 PM
(26-02-2017 08:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Huh. Whodda thunk it.

...THC’s ability to dilate respiratory passages and inhibit coughing as factors that make it beneficial for some patients. Turns out, cannabis actually does the opposite of tobacco smoke in that it expands, rather than constricts bronchial passageways. ... Even doctors have been surprised to see their patients get almost immediate relief from asthma attacks after smoking cannabis.

Blink Well, I'm impressed.
It's yet another reason for our government to deny changing the status of MJ from a Sched.1 drug and allowing it to be studied as an actual medicine.
Because, ya know, it might help people and we can't have that happening. Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
27-02-2017, 01:28 AM
According to a March 2016 report from NIDA (US National Institute on Drug Abuse) :

Marijuana smoke irritates the lungs, and frequent marijuana smokers can have the same breathing problems that tobacco smokers have. These problems include daily cough and phlegm, more frequent lung illness, and a higher risk of lung infections. Researchers still do not know whether marijuana smokers have a higher risk for lung cancer.

—I gave up the Mary J when I gave up a 40 per-day cigarette addiction. Confused

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
27-02-2017, 06:39 AM
I have been using weed for 50 years. I am an asthmatic.

I also smoked cigarettes for much of that time. I took breaks here and there for both.

I had to quit cigarettes because my lungs started having real issues.

Smoking anything hot into your lungs is bad. Anything.

From what I have read, weed does NOT cause lung cancer, rather the opposite. But it can cause emphesema and other forms of COPD.

It does dialate the bronchi and I have been using it as asthma med all these years.

Eating it is an alternative I have used for a long time, but the relief is not instant that way like smoking is. Today I use a vaporizer - and not with oil but with plain organic weed. There are vaporizers you can use with normal weed. The effect is faster than eating it but slower than smoking it. It does not irritate the lungs when vaped.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
27-02-2017, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the input everybody. I read about weed being helpful with asthma too actually.
Also I was considering edibles actually but not sure yet if I want that. I am trying to loose weight. Getting my buzz from green food doesn't seem right somehow.

Well anyway, since my trustworthy weed source is 2000 km away. Got some research to do Wink

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
28-02-2017, 09:07 AM
(27-02-2017 07:45 PM)Leela Wrote:  Thanks for the input everybody. I read about weed being helpful with asthma too actually.
Also I was considering edibles actually but not sure yet if I want that. I am trying to loose weight. Getting my buzz from green food doesn't seem right somehow.

Well anyway, since my trustworthy weed source is 2000 km away. Got some research to do Wink

You do realize that weed is not exactly conducive to losing weight? There are strains though that are good to use during activities, which keeps you moving and away from delicious goodies.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
28-02-2017, 09:16 AM
Weed vs asthma?

Weed wins every time. I would much rather have weed than my asthma

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post