Weeee! Happy Dance! I fixed my computer sound problem.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2011, 04:50 PM

Smile Weeee! Happy Dance! I fixed my computer sound problem.
[Image: 4.gif] [Image: 5.gif]

I went to You Tube and found instructions on how to fix, "No Sound Device" on my system. And did some other tweaking too and now I have sound! I can play video's, I can play CD's & DVD's. Now if only I could figure out how to stop the pausing reload thingy that happens during live stream, so I can watch the Casey Anthony murder trial tomorrow without problems. But one problem solved! On to the next. Weeeee! Happy day.Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2011, 06:56 PM
RE: Weeee! Happy Dance! I fixed my computer sound problem.
Well done!
Sounds like it was a driver problem.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2011, 07:02 PM

Wouldn't you have been pissed if your speakers were just plugged into the wrong port? Haha I know people that called me to fix their computer and stuff like that was the issue.
24-05-2011, 07:39 PM

(24-05-2011 07:02 PM)m80kamikaze Wrote:  Wouldn't you have been pissed if your speakers were just plugged into the wrong port? Haha I know people that called me to fix their computer and stuff like that was the issue.
I did check that part, while a video was playing just to make sure it wasn't the wrong plug in. Tongue I do have airhead moments, I realize.
Now I have to figure out how to stop live stream from intermittent buffering, before the Casey Anthony trial starts tomorrow.
I have cable so I don't know if maybe the script blocker I had installed through Firefox was the issue. Or the Ghostery, but I deleted those and now I'm hoping for the best.

And yes DeepThought it was a driver issue. Somehow something in the Windows audio was disabled. But I fixed it thanks to the YT video. Love that. I didn't think it would really work, since many such Vid's I checked were simply directing a person to a download site. Which helped, because that's where I found the update to the driver too.
I'm a GenIUZ! Tongue
24-05-2011, 10:15 PM
Your buffering problem is probably internet connection/bandwidth related. You can check that your not trying to download the high definition version of the stream. i.e. don't try to stream video at 1080p or 720p

I might not allow you to pick other options though so you might need a better internet connection. Your YouTube videos play on demand without any pauses don't they?

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
25-05-2011, 11:25 AM

I can't make this up... I am not creative enough. I went to someones house before to fix a computer and it was plugged into a surge protector... but the surge protector was not plugged into the wall. The sad part is is that I did not check that first. I opened the case and was checking all of the connections from the power supply and making sure the wires for the buttons were hooked up correctly. After about 20 minutes I decided to see if it was plugged in... we both had a good laugh over that. I told the guy not to pay me but he insisted.
25-05-2011, 11:40 AM

(24-05-2011 10:15 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  Your buffering problem is probably internet connection/bandwidth related. You can check that your not trying to download the high definition version of the stream. i.e. don't try to stream video at 1080p or 720p

I might not allow you to pick other options though so you might need a better internet connection. Your YouTube videos play on demand without any pauses don't they?
What's the "p" stand for? Huh

Yes, YT streams Ok for the most part. Sometimes the video buffers. However, it's been so long since I've had sound I don't recall how frequently that occurred.
I'm playing the cnn.com live trial coverage now and it's perfect. There's an option to upgrade their player to an Octo something or other stream, but I deny that when opening the video window, and all plays great thus far. Smile I'm tickled pink. The trial started yesterday and I didn't miss a whole lot because True TV's Court TV reviews the trial highlights the day before, each day after, so I'm up to speed.
I've looked forward to this broadcast for nearly 3 years.I'm so glad I worked hard at fixing this issue that's bugged me for months, but was always something I figured I could put off until the big day (yesterday), when I finally got a wild hair and went for it.
*does another happy dance* Tongue
26-05-2011, 04:57 AM
Do you have on-board sound or a separate sound card ?

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin