Week 1:Funny things you heard about all week

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2011, 12:14 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2011 12:26 PM by tazmin98.)
Week 1:Funny things you heard about all week
Religion is like a penis...

Some people have one and that's fine.

If you have got one, it's OK to be proud of it.

But you shouldn't take it out in public and wave it in people's faces.

And the worst thing you can do with it is shove it down a child's throat!
---------
Double Facepalm: When the Fail is so strong, one Facepalm is not enough.

lol what is yours?

*could be anything from pics to phrases to stories*

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like tazmin98's post
11-07-2011, 12:15 PM
RE: Week 1:Funny things you heard about religion
That is one of my favorites.

Evolve
12-07-2011, 10:21 AM
RE: Week 1:Funny things you heard about all week
I saw a local church's road sign read:

"Forgiveness isn't forgiveness if it's for sale."

Not sure what it's supposed to refer to specifically, but I find it funny to be outside a Christian church. Isn't it their belief that their forgiveness was BOUGHT by the blood of a slain Jesus?

Hello? McFly?

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.
12-07-2011, 10:24 AM
The catholic church also used to allow you to buy passage for your loved from purgatory into heaven...and they used to pre-sell forgiveness...ergo you could buy forgiveness before you needed it!

Evolve
12-07-2011, 10:26 AM
(12-07-2011 10:21 AM)TheSixthGlass Wrote:  I saw a local church's road sign read:

Not sure what it's supposed to refer to specifically, but I find it funny to be outside a Christian church. Isn't it their belief that their forgiveness was BOUGHT by the blood of a slain Jesus?

Hello? McFly?
Jesus didn't buy it for himself because he didn't need to be forgiven. It is free to those who need it and are willing to receive it.

God's invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made.
Romans 1:20 ESV

blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-07-2011, 10:35 AM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2011 10:55 AM by TheSixthGlass.)
(12-07-2011 10:26 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
(12-07-2011 10:21 AM)TheSixthGlass Wrote:  I saw a local church's road sign read:

Hello? McFly?
Jesus didn't buy it for himself because he didn't need to be forgiven. It is free to those who need it and are willing to receive it.
He still had to buy it for someone, didn't he? Yahweh was incapable of just forgiving us?

If it wasn't bought, then all the pastors and preachers and priests and teachers should stop using the phrases "bought" and "paid for" when referring to the act of Jesus' "sacrifice."

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.
[+] 2 users Like TheSixthGlass's post
12-07-2011, 10:42 AM
I still don't understand the logic about sending yourself as a sacrifice to yourself for original sin that you created. Much less the whole 'Jesus PAID for your sins' line.

Evolve
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
13-07-2011, 05:06 AM
Jesus died for a weekend, how is that a sacrifice? That's just pathetic. I would be willing to go to hell for eternity to save a dozen people from the same fate, but people worship Jesus...

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire