01-01-2014, 08:09 AM
RE: Weeknight Chicken Parm
(29-12-2013 01:27 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Ingredients

4 chicken breasts BLSL trimmed
1 1/2 cup of Bisquick
1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon of salt
2 tablespoons of garlic powder
2 tablespoons of italian seasoning (oregano, thyme, rosemary)
2 Jars of Pasta Sauce (homemade or store bought)
1 Box of Pasta
1 Egg
1 lb of shredded Italian cheese (Mozzarella and Provolone)

Put a large skillet over medium high heat on the stove to heat up. Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bag and shake to combine. Put the egg in a bowl and beat it to combine. Once the pan is hot add enough oil lightly cover the bottom of the pan. Next add the chicken to the egg and then put in the bag of coating. Pan fry the chicken over med-high heat til golden on both sides (5-8 mins per side) and then add the Pasta Sauce reduce the heat to low and cover. Cook 25 mins then remove to a baking sheet cover in cheese and place in a 300* oven for 10 mins. Cook the pasta as per box instructions and combine with the remaining pan sauce.

Hey Rev - I have a mean oven-fried chicken recipe that uses Bisquick. let me know if you want it. Works easy, tastes like fried chix and there's no mess.Thumbsup

Your parm sounds yummy!!

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2014, 08:14 AM
(01-01-2014 08:09 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 01:27 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Ingredients

4 chicken breasts BLSL trimmed
1 1/2 cup of Bisquick
1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon of salt
2 tablespoons of garlic powder
2 tablespoons of italian seasoning (oregano, thyme, rosemary)
2 Jars of Pasta Sauce (homemade or store bought)
1 Box of Pasta
1 Egg
1 lb of shredded Italian cheese (Mozzarella and Provolone)

Put a large skillet over medium high heat on the stove to heat up. Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bag and shake to combine. Put the egg in a bowl and beat it to combine. Once the pan is hot add enough oil lightly cover the bottom of the pan. Next add the chicken to the egg and then put in the bag of coating. Pan fry the chicken over med-high heat til golden on both sides (5-8 mins per side) and then add the Pasta Sauce reduce the heat to low and cover. Cook 25 mins then remove to a baking sheet cover in cheese and place in a 300* oven for 10 mins. Cook the pasta as per box instructions and combine with the remaining pan sauce.

Hey Rev - I have a mean oven-fried chicken recipe that uses Bisquick. let me know if you want it. Works easy, tastes like fried chix and there's no mess.Thumbsup

Your parm sounds yummy!!

I'd like it, I am intrigued with using Bisquick, never thought of it before.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
01-01-2014, 08:27 AM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2014 08:31 AM by WitchSabrina.)
(01-01-2014 08:14 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 08:09 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Hey Rev - I have a mean oven-fried chicken recipe that uses Bisquick. let me know if you want it. Works easy, tastes like fried chix and there's no mess.Thumbsup

Your parm sounds yummy!!

Soooo easy and SOooo good............Thumbsup

Chicken you buy according to need - how many are you feeding and what do they like white meat or dark meat?

Standard for me is two large breasts and two legs. Skin and bone still on.
Wash chicken and pat dry with paper towel.
(while damp - roll and coat in bisquick mixture)

Bisquick mixture =
1 cup of bisquick (more if you cook More chicken)
2 Tbs paprika
1 tsp of season salt
1 tsp of black pepper
1/4 tsp of sugar

fluff mixture with fork.

You will need: One stick of margarine or Butter
Put stick of butter in bottom of casserole dish (9x11) and allow to melt in oven as it preheats to 350. Remove butter when it is melted and make sure it coats bottom of dish.
Coat chicken in bisquick mix and place Skin side down - bake for 30 mins (if LARGE breasts bake 5 mins longer)
remove at the 1/2 hr mark and flip over.
Bake another 20 mins skin up.

perfect fried chicken with no mess
Cool

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
01-01-2014, 09:22 AM
(01-01-2014 08:14 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 08:09 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Hey Rev - I have a mean oven-fried chicken recipe that uses Bisquick. let me know if you want it. Works easy, tastes like fried chix and there's no mess.Thumbsup

Your parm sounds yummy!!

Being a Baking Mix it makes a better coating than just regular Flour. I generally have some around the house so I play around with it every now and again.

(01-01-2014 08:27 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 08:14 AM)Dom Wrote:  I'd like it, I am intrigued with using Bisquick, never thought of it before.

Soooo easy and SOooo good............Thumbsup

Chicken you buy according to need - how many are you feeding and what do they like white meat or dark meat?

Standard for me is two large breasts and two legs. Skin and bone still on.
Wash chicken and pat dry with paper towel.
(while damp - roll and coat in bisquick mixture)

Bisquick mixture =
1 cup of bisquick (more if you cook More chicken)
2 Tbs paprika
1 tsp of season salt
1 tsp of black pepper
1/4 tsp of sugar

fluff mixture with fork.

You will need: One stick of margarine or Butter
Put stick of butter in bottom of casserole dish (9x11) and allow to melt in oven as it preheats to 350. Remove butter when it is melted and make sure it coats bottom of dish.
Coat chicken in bisquick mix and place Skin side down - bake for 30 mins (if LARGE breasts bake 5 mins longer)
remove at the 1/2 hr mark and flip over.
Bake another 20 mins skin up.

perfect fried chicken with no mess
Cool

That sounds very good I will have to try that next time I do oven fried chicken.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
01-01-2014, 09:23 AM
I miss ovens Weeping