Weight Watchers 2014!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2014, 11:57 AM
RE: Weight Watchers 2014!!!
(24-01-2014 12:11 AM)Astreja Wrote:  I'm going to join in here, as I'm trying to get motivated to do more in the fitness area.

My goals: Increase exercise level; drop some weight; eat less junk. I'm not going to plug in any targets or timelines yet, because that's usually where everything falls apart for Me. "Should do it" never feels as good as "did it."
Good goals Astreja! Honestly my main goal is to have energy and agility. I wouldn't mind cutting out some fat as well, about 10 lb of fat and I'm golden. haha, but it's definitely not easy.

(24-01-2014 09:44 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Anyway like I said a few days ago, I've been working on this dance thing for a performance and it is kicking my butt. Two hours of practice for the past four days! So I did a 30 second plank today instead of keeping to the regimen... I think the regimen is getting too hard for me D: so I'm just going to do what I can every day (ish). ((I skipped yesterday))

Big Grin

EDIT: felt guilty so I got on the floor for a second plank. Held it for 40 seconds!
Keep doing what you can do!

(24-01-2014 09:49 AM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  I'm recovering from surgery to my nose which means I can't exercise, but I've put on quite a bit of weight over the past couple of years and I'm determined to lose it. I've started the 5:2 diet as some are calling it, when I fast for two days a week and for me that's usually Monday & Thursday. The first time was tough but it seems to be getting easier and now I've been doing it for almost a month I'm already starting to see a slight improvement.
Starving yourself is usually not a good way to go about weight loss, for several reasons. Two of those reasons being:
1. When you force your body into starvation (i.e. fast) your body is going start eating itself for that energy. You know what a great source of energy is? Your muscle. Your body will eat at your own muscle (as well as your fat) in order to get the energy it needs to sustain. Your body is too stupid to only target fat when it wants energy, unfortunately.
2. It's an unsustainable diet. Any diet that is only temporary will fail a large percentage of the time. Reason being because once you are off your temporary diet, you will likely return to your old habits and eventually undo any improvement that your temp diet made. Your actual diet, that is your (long term) regular eating habits, is what needs to shift if you really want to make a change in your life. Temporary or fad diets are usually useless in the long run.

Sorry to be a downer...just trying to spread the knowledge Undecided

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
24-01-2014, 05:22 PM
I've also heard that when you fast (like adrianime pointed out) your body uses what you've got in your body for nourishment. I believe fat is burned first, with some muscle, but I could be wrong. Your body is then afraid it won't get food again in the future, so when you do eat, it stores most of that food as fat to have on hand to "eat" in the future event of no food being available.

I say best way is to cut daily caloric intake overall. It will be much easier on you, and your body. You can also lose a great deal of weight just through caloric monitoring, and no exercise. I've lost roughly 40lbs since July this way. I think I'm hitting my plateau though. I'm about 20lbs away from my goal weight, gotta add exercise soon Weeping

Best of luck Elder!! (And all the rest in this thread, of course) Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
24-01-2014, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 24-01-2014 06:20 PM by Adrianime.)
Yeah I've read mixed things about how fat and muscle are burned when fasting. Consistently I read that both are burned. But sometimes I read that fat is consumed (burned) first, then muscle. Sometimes I read the opposite. It may have to do with the glucose or glycogen in your system.

24-01-2014, 06:06 PM
I'm for whatever works….just as long as we are moving to a healthier spot.

I may not work out everyday, but 3-4 days a week is better than 7 days of no exercise.

some people are better at counting calories, some people are better at skipping meals, some people are better at getting up and working out everyday, whatever, man…whatever. Cool

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
24-01-2014, 11:54 PM
Finally got My act together and bought an extension cord for the recumbent bike (borrowed the previous cord for hooking up the TV while we were doing some rewiring downstairs, and decided to get a much shorter one for the bike). Tried out the Intervals setting and pedalled away for 10 minutes.

Am trying to bring at least one piece of fruit with every lunch I take to work, and am not bringing along as many cookies.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Astreja's post
25-01-2014, 05:27 AM
(24-01-2014 11:54 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Finally got My act together and bought an extension cord for the recumbent bike (borrowed the previous cord for hooking up the TV while we were doing some rewiring downstairs, and decided to get a much shorter one for the bike). Tried out the Intervals setting and pedalled away for 10 minutes.

Am trying to bring at least one piece of fruit with every lunch I take to work, and am not bringing along as many cookies.

excellent!my first step was drinking water with lunch instead of soda. I've been doing pretty well with limiting my soda intake. It's helped me drop a few pounds over the past few months, but I'm not really overweight, just a little chubby so I know I gotta exercise to really make any difference!
25-01-2014, 10:07 AM
Colourcraze, for some reason your last post is literally breaking this page for me. I can see everything on this page, when I try to move the screen over your last post the page freezes. I tried several times, and even tried "reply" to your post to see if I could see it in the reply. But even in the reply it freezes my screen. So I still don't know what you posted haha.

25-01-2014, 12:57 PM (This post was last modified: 25-01-2014 01:22 PM by Luminon.)
By all means, I'm not fat. Just a little on the thick side, but it doesn't show. Anyway, I'm wasn't getting any exercise for the past years and I'm not inclined to get any. Too much bother and money. So I made a big decision. I spared some money (no Christmas, New Year or partying in a long time, no big loss) and threw them in to buy an elliptical trainer all for myself in a dorm room. I have read the dorm guidelines and contract and looks like there is nothing that would mean I need a permission or even announce what I'm taking in. Anyway, people have animals here and there was some drilling into walls, so I'm not doing anything radical compared to some others. I know this is going to get me some weird and possibly envious looks, but what the hell. Once I get some muscles, I'll just flex them and they'll piss off.

My dream is to get rid of all the fat and have the lovely feeling of loose pants forever. All for health and heart performance, of course! I know I condemn myself to a lifetime of pain and tiredness and everyday showering. But still, I know that I have it in me, when I had an access to the elliptical trainer last time, I managed to exercise an hour on top difficulty level an hour every day. And do some physical work besides that. So I know I might have this masochistic streak in me, you know believing in woo yet going to atheist forums and all Cool

Anyway, the money went out, I got the receipt on e-mail, but still no sign of activity from the e-shop. I tried calling, but the number doesn't show as theirs. The shop has a ton of certified customer references, so at least I think they're not a fake front to siphon money to Nigeria, but still, I don't like this. It is unnerving. And it was a good deal, an elliptical trainer with 13 kg wheel for a price of 7 kg wheel. Yeah, I took on some lessons teaching to students preparing to exams, that will throw in some extra buck, but still sure as hell I'm not telling about this purchase my parents. None of their business, anyway.

Why elliptical trainer? Because I can put my e-book reader over the display. Or what the hell, watch some shows on a laptop.

[Image: 520918422bf8add9f6450000.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Luminon's post
25-01-2014, 08:42 PM
(25-01-2014 10:07 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  Colourcraze, for some reason your last post is literally breaking this page for me. I can see everything on this page, when I try to move the screen over your last post the page freezes. I tried several times, and even tried "reply" to your post to see if I could see it in the reply. But even in the reply it freezes my screen. So I still don't know what you posted haha.

Oh no! Was it something I said? Wink

(25-01-2014 12:57 PM)Luminon Wrote:  By all means, I'm not fat. Just a little on the thick side, but it doesn't show. Anyway, I'm wasn't getting any exercise for the past years and I'm not inclined to get any. Too much bother and money. So I made a big decision. I spared some money (no Christmas, New Year or partying in a long time, no big loss) and threw them in to buy an elliptical trainer all for myself in a dorm room. I have read the dorm guidelines and contract and looks like there is nothing that would mean I need a permission or even announce what I'm taking in. Anyway, people have animals here and there was some drilling into walls, so I'm not doing anything radical compared to some others. I know this is going to get me some weird and possibly envious looks, but what the hell. Once I get some muscles, I'll just flex them and they'll piss off.

My dream is to get rid of all the fat and have the lovely feeling of loose pants forever. All for health and heart performance, of course! I know I condemn myself to a lifetime of pain and tiredness and everyday showering. But still, I know that I have it in me, when I had an access to the elliptical trainer last time, I managed to exercise an hour on top difficulty level an hour every day. And do some physical work besides that. So I know I might have this masochistic streak in me, you know believing in woo yet going to atheist forums and all Cool

Anyway, the money went out, I got the receipt on e-mail, but still no sign of activity from the e-shop. I tried calling, but the number doesn't show as theirs. The shop has a ton of certified customer references, so at least I think they're not a fake front to siphon money to Nigeria, but still, I don't like this. It is unnerving. And it was a good deal, an elliptical trainer with 13 kg wheel for a price of 7 kg wheel. Yeah, I took on some lessons teaching to students preparing to exams, that will throw in some extra buck, but still sure as hell I'm not telling about this purchase my parents. None of their business, anyway.

Why elliptical trainer? Because I can put my e-book reader over the display. Or what the hell, watch some shows on a laptop.

[Image: 520918422bf8add9f6450000.jpg]

That's cool, I hope it gets to you soon!
26-01-2014, 11:27 AM
New gym is open, cardio cinema is awesome, tons of equipment, hydrobed massage....fantastic.

Been 3 times in the last 2 days. Lol
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post