Weight Watchers 2014!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2014, 12:06 PM
RE: Weight Watchers 2014!!!
Yesterday when I went to meet the local atheist group for a walk around a lake, I got lost trying to find them. I ended up running 2 miles (unplanned) and walking 2 miles. Today I will go to the gym!

(26-01-2014 11:27 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  New gym is open, cardio cinema is awesome, tons of equipment, hydrobed massage....fantastic.

Been 3 times in the last 2 days. Lol

Nice, my gym (fitness evolution) also has a cardio theater. I thought mine was the only one!

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2014, 12:33 PM
(27-01-2014 12:06 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Yesterday when I went to meet the local atheist group for a walk around a lake, I got lost trying to find them. I ended up running 2 miles (unplanned) and walking 2 miles. Today I will go to the gym!

I usually walk at least 5 miles a day.

Then I broke my foot.

Yes, I'm still bitter. I'm only halfway through the cast period.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
27-01-2014, 12:55 PM
Cardio sucks

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
27-01-2014, 12:56 PM
Cardio is boooooooooring and you don't burn much with it. Do something that'll make you tired and sweat like crazy

27-01-2014, 02:21 PM
Cardio does suck...but it can easily make me sweat like crazy. I do cardio to build my endurance though.

27-01-2014, 05:34 PM
I jog to build up my endurance. I wanna do it like run(max speed) 1 min walk(half speed) 2 min run 1 min etc,but im afraid it'll look weird. A few studies show yields better results than just running the whole thing

27-01-2014, 05:42 PM
I lost 2lbs yay!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-01-2014, 05:42 PM (This post was last modified: 28-01-2014 02:02 AM by Adrianime.)
Yeah HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) is most effective. I do the same, except I alternate between jogging and sprinting, not walking and running. I am out of shape though, last time I did it, my heart rate was over 200.

27-01-2014, 10:23 PM
(27-01-2014 12:56 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Cardio is boooooooooring and you don't burn much with it. Do something that'll make you tired and sweat like crazy
Of course cardio is boring. That's why I can read an e-book during it and listen to psytrance at the same time.
And I actually exercised in the summer, so I did sweat like crazy. I had to exercise in shorts and forehead band. Privacy is one of reasons why I invested so much money into an equipment of my own, I know it can get messy in the beginning, until the body stops looking and sweating like a pig.

Actually nowadays the dorm building has a small but well-furnished gym room. The problem is, it's made mostly for weight lifting. As for cardio, there is a small rotoped, but I don't like exercise bikes. They make my dick go numb. And besides for 3 years I exercised alternating a bike with chest muscle, shoulder, biceps machines, dumbbells, situps pullups... That's bullshit. I hated it. It was an irregular self-inflicted pain with little results. Kept me from getting too fat, but far from fit. It had always hurt, twice a week.

I think that the cross trainer is universal, it works well for limbs and chest and the belly gets sort of carried along with the general effect of de-fattening and toughening, no need to worry about it. It's a regular movement, so I can get into sort of a psychedelic battle trance without needing to worry about sequences, exchanging equipment and so on. Anyway, some genres of music can't be properly appreciated without a workout and endorphin high.

OK, I probably know nothing about exercise and probably will fuck myself up in some healthy way. My body will probably end up weirdly shaped due to irregularly exercised muscle groups. That's the problem of people who will look at it from the outside. My problem is that it hurts.
But my habit was to go at it max speed for 8 minutes at a time and take a few minute slower breaks in between, if ever. You know, a psytrance track lasts 8-10 minutes or so and there are slower buildups. But sure as hell I did not alternate slow and fast run as often as everyone suggests. It was more like 15 km/h run (with hands help) on average for almost a whole hour, alternating high intensity and the average 15 km/h speed. I mean, I did whatever coincided with fast phases of music and whatever felt good intuitively, sometimes I just needed it high intensity.

OK, I know I brag shamelessly and everyone here is and always will be tougher than me, but that was about the only time I had a feeling that my biological vehicle did a good job. I'm the guy who had a D from PE at high school.
What do you think? Does anyone here exercise intuitively, or am I pseudo-scientific in that area as well?

Anyway, I called to the e-shop today, turns out they're a real business, just forgot to let me know. Or so they said. So today or tomorrow is the day they bring the machine. I can't assemble it right away, I'll be busy, but we'll see in several days.
28-01-2014, 04:31 AM
(27-01-2014 05:34 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  I jog to build up my endurance. I wanna do it like run(max speed) 1 min walk(half speed) 2 min run 1 min etc,but im afraid it'll look weird. A few studies show yields better results than just running the whole thing

I'd say go for it and don't care what some couchsitters think. Almost everyone else will understand or don't care at all.
I've recently started jogging, but I'm not able to run for the whole time. So, I alternate running (not really fast, at least not yet) with fast walking.