Weird Food You Eat.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2012, 04:30 PM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2012 04:37 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Weird Food You Eat.
(19-08-2012 01:18 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(18-08-2012 04:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  Occasionally I'll have sushi. But with that much soy and wasabi you could be eating snot and you couldn't tell. Sadcryface

Sushi is the best! I LOVE it. I make some good sushi, too. Big Grin

Can't eat sushi 'cause rice spikes my sugars. Love sashimi, though. Love wasabi too (never fails to give me a glimpse of God). And soy sauce (aka salt). Thumbsup

(19-08-2012 04:23 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(19-08-2012 03:35 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Anyone of these might be weird to some folks. But put together, they're making one hell of a magic sandwich right now:

Braunschweiger
Pepper Jack Cheese
Miracle Whip
Sweet Pickles
Dill Potato Chips
Wheat Bread.

Yum.

Just curious... have you started to feel a bit sick when you wake up in the morning?

That's just a typical liverwurst sandwich. Nothing scary there. Dunno why Hellbound left out the onion though.

Think I'm gonna start another thread. Things I will never eat again.

Just because I'm an atheist doesn't mean there aren't people who should pray for their sorry ass to be saved.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
19-08-2012, 06:47 PM
Camel
Emu
Escargots
Lamb brains
but these aren't weird to me!

Would like to try snake...

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
19-08-2012, 07:12 PM
(19-08-2012 01:13 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Dim sum in Hong Kong is where I had duck's feet. I've had chicken feet several times and the taste is fine, I just don't find them worthwhile to eat because of the bones. Duck, however, is as rubbery as the web feet imply. Not really a fan of chewing rubber, which is also why I don't enjoy squid or octopus very much.

I'm off to HK tomorrow so I'll check it out.

Meanwhile, did you post those mash potato pics? I think I missed it.

19-08-2012, 07:54 PM
I BBQ rats once in a while. In fact, doing it more lately. They dress out really fast and easy, so you can get them on the grill long before rigor sets in. That way there's no need to age, and they come out super tender. I just butterfly them, drizzle with a little lemon juice and either lemon balm or one or two fresh mint leaves. Delish!

As a side dish, I love garlic sprouts, tossed in olive oil, and very quickly steamed. (treat em like you're wilting chard for garnish) but as mentioned, they leave you stinky, so plan on staying home!

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
19-08-2012, 08:07 PM
Weird Food You Eat.
(19-08-2012 07:12 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(19-08-2012 01:13 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Dim sum in Hong Kong is where I had duck's feet. I've had chicken feet several times and the taste is fine, I just don't find them worthwhile to eat because of the bones. Duck, however, is as rubbery as the web feet imply. Not really a fan of chewing rubber, which is also why I don't enjoy squid or octopus very much.

I'm off to HK tomorrow so I'll check it out.

Meanwhile, did you post those mash potato pics? I think I missed it.

No, everytime I think about it, I'm on my phone instead of my computer. Dodgy

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
21-08-2012, 05:23 AM
Radler beer (lemon) with Gin.

I pretty much hate this Radler shit, it just isn't beer and it isn't soda, but if you mix it with gin, then it all becomes something good. Really good.

Don't know if this fits the "weird" category, but it is interesting.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
21-08-2012, 05:40 AM
Feijoa.

Best fruit in the world. Unlucky for you guys in only grows here and we don't export it, so suck on that bitches. *takes another spoon full of feijoa*

[Image: Feijoa_HortResearch.jpg]

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
21-08-2012, 05:05 PM
Weirdest things I've ever eaten were kangaroo, alligator, and octopus. Octopus is awful, but I've had it a couple times.

Alligator is wonderful. I get it any time it's available.

[Image: g8g7t.jpg]
21-08-2012, 05:51 PM
(21-08-2012 05:05 PM)Ghost0fBanquo Wrote:  Weirdest things I've ever eaten were kangaroo, alligator, and octopus. Octopus is awful, but I've had it a couple times.

Alligator is wonderful. I get it any time it's available.

'Roo is awesome. High in protein, low in fat and quite cheap compared to other meats. Thumbsup

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
21-08-2012, 08:04 PM
Cicadas. Once every 17 years we get a shitload of them and I feel obligated to give a proper purpose to their short but delectable life.

Just because I'm an atheist doesn't mean there aren't people who should pray for their sorry ass to be saved.