Weird dream diary

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2014, 09:37 AM
RE: Weird dream diary
I sometimes have really weird dreams, but they don't seem as memorable as when I was a kid. I do, however, have very strange reactions to my dreams, on occasion.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2014, 09:44 AM
Are you experimenting with lucid dreaming WC? Is that why you are keeping a dream diary?

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
29-07-2014, 10:29 AM
Well I'm trying to come to a better understanding of my subconscious mechanics and my obsessions and maybe even the fears and evil within my heart through the dreams I have. If I don't jot them down shortly after waking I'll forget many of the details.

How do you experiment with lucid dreams if you have no control over whether you have a lucid dream or not? I don't do anything to try to program myself to have lucid dreams. It just happens and can severely affect me the following day.

For instance, I dream about a depressing place or my dad dead in a coffin, and there is really creepy music in the backround, and he's buried on a location that reminds me of an emptiness in my childhood. That music will be playing in my head throughout the next day along with what I saw in the dream which will have an affect on my emotions throughout that day.
29-07-2014, 10:33 AM
My dreams are fucked up. You'd think I'm a psycho

Atir aissom atir imon
29-07-2014, 10:51 AM
(29-07-2014 10:29 AM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  Well I'm trying to come to a better understanding of my subconscious mechanics and my obsessions and maybe even the fears and evil within my heart through the dreams I have. If I don't jot them down shortly after waking I'll forget many of the details.

How do you experiment with lucid dreams if you have no control over whether you have a lucid dream or not? I don't do anything to try to program myself to have lucid dreams. It just happens and can severely affect me the following day.

For instance, I dream about a depressing place or my dad dead in a coffin, and there is really creepy music in the backround, and he's buried on a location that reminds me of an emptiness in my childhood. That music will be playing in my head throughout the next day along with what I saw in the dream which will have an affect on my emotions throughout that day.

Lucid Dreaming is where you are aware you are dreaming and can take limited control of the dream.

You can try pushing your fingers through a solid object. Obviously in "waking life" this is impossible however if you did it in a dream, it would more than likely happen, which would be an indicator to yourself that you are dreaming.

You can also try setting your alarm two hours earlier than normal, when you wake reset your alarm for the normal time and then go back to sleep. Its normal that once you realise you are dreaming, to wake up, so practise is key Smile

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
29-07-2014, 10:54 AM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2014 11:03 AM by Wicked Clown.)
(29-07-2014 10:33 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  My dreams are fucked up. You'd think I'm a psycho
Let's hear it. I'll give you a thumbs up for every post on the issue but I don't have the option to boost your reputation for some reason but will if that option becomes available to me. Wink

You think you have psycho dreams. I dreamed about this couple I know who have five daughters and I was sitting at a table with them explaining that we were playing outside and I killed them all. I was like so relieved when I awoke.

Quote:you are dreaming and can take limited control of the dream.
None of the recent dreams did I think I was dreaming. I have awaken myself from scary dreams before but it is tough. You don't just tell yourself, wake up and it happens. I guess I've taken LIMITED control. Smile Ussually if I start talking or screaming in my sleep I wake up as it's happening.

a few weeks back I had a dream that I was drunk and got into it with the wrong person and he plucked out both my eyeballs. I knew it was a dream shortly after losing my eyes because I could still see.
29-07-2014, 11:07 AM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2014 11:27 AM by kim.)
(29-07-2014 10:33 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  My dreams are fucked up. You'd think I'm a psycho

If you didn't dream, then I would think you are a psycho... psychopaths do not dream.

In recent neuropathic studies, it has been discovered that the brain seems to have it's own kind of "sewer system" that flushes out crap -mainly during sleep. They hypothesize dreaming to have a role in the workings of this sewer system. This system seems to flush out a variety of gunk - enzymes and proteins which can prevent firings or cause misfirings of certain brain cells. If the brain doesn't flush out this gunk the brain could be fucked. It is thought these processes have something to do with the development/prevention of some brain disorders such as alzheimer's dementia.

We really have so little idea how the brain works - it's all such a shot in the dark.

I'm relieved that I dream - as far as I'm concerned, the freakier the better!! Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
29-07-2014, 11:21 AM
Quote:I'm relieved that I dream - as far as I'm concerned, the freakier the better!

I haven't had an erotic dream about my mother in years. I wonder if this means my sewer system isn't flushing correctly anymore. Wink
29-07-2014, 11:25 AM
In the last few years I've had a few sleep hallucinations... Where you wake up but can still see your dream.

Very often I can see huge spiders on the bed... It seems so real, but as the brain kicks into gear it fades away.

I've also woken up to see strange, fractal looking entities flying around the room... Again, as I wake up they fade and vanish.

It's called hypnopompic hallucination... Linked with sleep paralysis, which I've never experienced. It's easy to see where belief in ghosts, demons and alien abductions come from, because it seems so vividly real.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-07-2014, 12:10 PM
(29-07-2014 11:25 AM)Sam Wrote:  In the last few years I've had a few sleep hallucinations... Where you wake up but can still see your dream.

Very often I can see huge spiders on the bed... It seems so real, but as the brain kicks into gear it fades away.

I've also woken up to see strange, fractal looking entities flying around the room... Again, as I wake up they fade and vanish.

It's called hypnopompic hallucination... Linked with sleep paralysis, which I've never experienced. It's easy to see where belief in ghosts, demons and alien abductions come from, because it seems so vividly real.

I had sleep paralysis once as a kid, when I was nine, tied to my most memorable dream.

While I've never had hallucinations from sleeping, I have, as an adult, woken up confused. I wake up thinking that whatever I was dreaming was real, and I try to reconcile that with what I'm now seeing (typically a dark bedroom). So, while I don't see anything in the darkness, the lack of light does little to help me immediately realize that whatever I was dreaming about isn't there. This tends to last only for a few seconds, but I often have time to react to it - sometimes in rather strange ways.

My wife has learned that if she can get me talking, that snaps me out of it quicker. I'll try to explain what's going on, and it very quickly stops making sense. I frequently can't even articulate it into words.