Weird dream diary

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2014, 01:59 PM
RE: Weird dream diary
Wow, those sleep hallucinations sound really scary in a really trippy way. :O More so than the dream within a dream that you can't tell if you've just woken up in the dream or if you're really awake.

I've had quite a few weird dreams in my time but only a handful I can really remember. Back when I was younger, I kept a dream journal and after I'd wake up from a dream, I'd write it down in the journal then look up specific things that happened in my dream on those online dream dictionary things. I fell out of the habit so I don't really keep my dream journal up anymore though I wish I did. Not because I think dreams are a sign or a gift from god or anything like that. Just to remember weird dreams better and see if there's any patterns that I wouldn't otherwise be aware of.

[Image: notagain.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2014, 02:05 PM
(29-07-2014 11:25 AM)Sam Wrote:  In the last few years I've had a few sleep hallucinations... Where you wake up but can still see your dream.

Very often I can see huge spiders on the bed... It seems so real, but as the brain kicks into gear it fades away.

I've also woken up to see strange, fractal looking entities flying around the room... Again, as I wake up they fade and vanish.

It's called hypnopompic hallucination... Linked with sleep paralysis, which I've never experienced. It's easy to see where belief in ghosts, demons and alien abductions come from, because it seems so vividly real.

When I was age 3-5ish I used to hallucinate while in bed and hear voices and believe there were people in the dark and remember once I wet my pants rather than walk to the bathroom in the scary darkness where those noises were coming from.

The only visuals I remember was a robot looking thing move across the floor shouting random incoherent stuff, and vertical lines of light moving back and forth in the darkness.
29-07-2014, 02:52 PM
(29-07-2014 02:05 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 11:25 AM)Sam Wrote:  In the last few years I've had a few sleep hallucinations... Where you wake up but can still see your dream.

Very often I can see huge spiders on the bed... It seems so real, but as the brain kicks into gear it fades away.

I've also woken up to see strange, fractal looking entities flying around the room... Again, as I wake up they fade and vanish.

It's called hypnopompic hallucination... Linked with sleep paralysis, which I've never experienced. It's easy to see where belief in ghosts, demons and alien abductions come from, because it seems so vividly real.

When I was age 3-5ish I used to hallucinate while in bed and hear voices and believe there were people in the dark and remember once I wet my pants rather than walk to the bathroom in the scary darkness where those noises were coming from.

The only visuals I remember was a robot looking thing move across the floor shouting random incoherent stuff, and vertical lines of light moving back and forth in the darkness.

I've had audio hallucinations too... Sometimes fairly typical things like a loud crash or bang inside my head that shocks me awake.

But I've also had times where my dream is nothing more than noise, like being in a crowded room with everyone shouting over each other... I've woken up with my hands over my ears to try to make the noise stop.

But, that's probably linked to my tinnitus...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-07-2014, 04:09 PM
This is one of the more strange ones recently:

I was pulling on the sky to waterski barefoot down a river while people and animals would periodically fly diagonally into the sky, pinballing off of trees. For some reason their main gravitational influence was shifting.

A while later I was on a salt water lake in a boat, and a native American assassin climbed aboard to kill me. He grabbed my hand, I was terrified for a moment, then it faded as I reached my finger out and touched his forehead. His face collapsed and he folded into nothing.

Something had fallen to the floor of the boat. I reached down to grab it, only to realize it was a rock, and I was now at the bottom of the lake. I was drowning, but I wasn't afraid.

Thousands of years passed, and the lake evaporated. My body was nothing but a salty, calcified skeleton. I looked up and saw the moon in the daylight. There were bright colonies all over it. It began to rain , and i walked into the forest, leaving chalky white smears on the trees.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
29-07-2014, 04:35 PM
Some childhood dreams what stuck with me:

(Youngest first)
1. Giant shapeshifting Lego monster under the stairs.

2. Having a bad dream and going to my dads room only to find he's a skeleton.

3. Waking up with a full bladder, I climbed down from my top bunk. As my feet hit the carpet it was like trying to walk on a pool cover, I sunk in and woke up terrified.

My bladder was full, so I climbed down from my bunk, carefully reaching my foot out for the floor to make sure it was solid. Couldn't reach it, so I climbed down further. With my foot finding no floor, I looked down. The ladder disappeared into a black void. Looking up I found the same.

I woke up and really had to pee. I carefully climbed down. The floor was solid; excellent. I opened my door and stepped into the hallway... But everything was unfamiliar. I turned into what was usually the bathroom. I found the same hallway I had just stepped into. Turning around, I see my bed, just a few feet away. This isn't right at all...

I woke up and really really had to pee. Luckily I was finally awake.

4. I was standing in the kitchen. My brother was sitting at the table. My dad was in the room, but I don't know what he was doing. My brother was laughing like crazy. I reached out to him, and removed his face skin. He stopped laughing. I could see teeth and muscle and bone.... Then we both started laughing.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
29-07-2014, 05:01 PM
(29-07-2014 11:07 AM)kim Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 10:33 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  My dreams are fucked up. You'd think I'm a psycho

If you didn't dream, then I would think you are a psycho... psychopaths do not dream.

In recent neuropathic studies, it has been discovered that the brain seems to have it's own kind of "sewer system" that flushes out crap -mainly during sleep. They hypothesize dreaming to have a role in the workings of this sewer system. This system seems to flush out a variety of gunk - enzymes and proteins which can prevent firings or cause misfirings of certain brain cells. If the brain doesn't flush out this gunk the brain could be fucked. It is thought these processes have something to do with the development/prevention of some brain disorders such as alzheimer's dementia.

We really have so little idea how the brain works - it's all such a shot in the dark.

I'm relieved that I dream - as far as I'm concerned, the freakier the better!! Thumbsup

I either don't dream or have fucked up dreams. I think I've dreamt once this month Blink

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
29-07-2014, 05:50 PM
See, one reason I started this thread was to find out if repeated dreaming about death is normal.

(29-07-2014 04:35 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Some childhood dreams what stuck with me:

(Youngest first)
1. Giant shapeshifting Lego monster under the stairs.

2. Having a bad dream and going to my dads room only to find he's a skeleton.

3. Waking up with a full bladder, I climbed down from my top bunk. As my feet hit the carpet it was like trying to walk on a pool cover, I sunk in and woke up terrified.

My bladder was full, so I climbed down from my bunk, carefully reaching my foot out for the floor to make sure it was solid. Couldn't reach it, so I climbed down further. With my foot finding no floor, I looked down. The ladder disappeared into a black void. Looking up I found the same.

I woke up and really had to pee. I carefully climbed down. The floor was solid; excellent. I opened my door and stepped into the hallway... But everything was unfamiliar. I turned into what was usually the bathroom. I found the same hallway I had just stepped into. Turning around, I see my bed, just a few feet away. This isn't right at all...

4. I was standing in the kitchen. My brother was sitting at the table. My dad was in the room, but I don't know what he was doing. My brother was laughing like crazy. I reached out to him, and removed his face skin. He stopped laughing. I could see teeth and muscle and bone.... Then we both started laughing.

I'm gonna have to sober up and read that again Laugh out load
30-07-2014, 08:14 AM
(29-07-2014 05:50 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  See, one reason I started this thread was to find out if repeated dreaming about death is normal.

I don't have dreams about death as such. However, my mother died (of lung cancer) about 6 years ago, and since then, I have occasionally had dreams where she is alive again -- not "still", but "again" -- like, in the dream, I'm fully aware that she died, and yet here she is alive -- and there's definitely a sense of weirdness about that, but it doesn't freak me out or anything.

My older brother told me once that he had had a dream in which he killed me with a sword, and laughed while he was doing it. Huh
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
30-07-2014, 08:19 AM
(29-07-2014 04:35 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  3. Waking up with a full bladder, I climbed down from my top bunk. As my feet hit the carpet it was like trying to walk on a pool cover, I sunk in and woke up terrified.

I had an experience something like this last night, except that it wasn't a dream. I woke up and had to pee, but my bedroom light was burned out, so I had to feel my way to the bathroom in the dark. I know exactly how my bedroom is laid out, but I couldn't find the door to save my life. I eventually figured out that I had gotten disoriented, and was facing a different wall than I thought I was. But before that, I was thinking about your dream and wondering if I was having one of those -- like, "I know there's a door here, where the fuck is it?" Laugh out load

I also had kind of a weird dream, but not weird enough for this thread. Laugh out load
30-07-2014, 10:51 AM
(29-07-2014 05:01 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I either don't dream or have fucked up dreams. I think I've dreamt once this month Blink

Hey - at least you've dreamt! Just knowing you aren't a prisoner of your wiring... must be a relief to know you aren't a psychopath. Made even more of a relief knowing that anyone else's faith in something nonexistent, has no influence over you. When you realize that you alone are in charge of your self... it's liberating... and limitless. Wink
Most people only recall a small portion of their actual dream time, which runs in 90 minute cycles. Generally, the average human has 3, 90 minute cycles a night - REM cycles - loads of dream time. Sleep can be rejuvenating after a sleep cycle but waking up in the middle of a sleep cycle, a person can be sluggish and even exhausted.

Clearing out all that accumulated garbage from a 16 to 18 hour day takes time. Always give the brain time to shut down for maintenance - at least 5 to 7 hours. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post