Weird science news

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2012, 12:34 PM
RE: Weird science news
(16-08-2012 12:17 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  From what I understand, the NGO test only tells you what your Haplogroup is. If you are of European descent, then your group is one of these. That narrows it down a bit. The documentary that I linked above says that people in Europe are descended from people who came from Central Asia. This is because a group split in India and headed towards that area. Those in India can be traced back to Saudi Arabia and then Africa.

Wow! It seriously is a crap shoot, isn't it? I get to be even more of a mutt than I suspected. Smile

Bowing I salute my prehistoric Grandma!! Bowing

I know, I know... she was a hottie. Uh-huh. Cool

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
16-08-2012, 12:51 PM
(16-08-2012 12:34 PM)kim Wrote:  Bowing I salute my prehistoric Grandma!! Bowing

I know, I know... she was a hottie. Uh-huh. Cool

OUR prehistoric grandma!!

I bet she was the most beautiful girl on the savannah.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
16-08-2012, 01:19 PM
That was kind of so beautiful... I got little misty. Evolution in action. Shy

We see that thing that we've never seen before, but it's just so fascinating - we know it's just got to be amazing!! It's that thing that's inside our brains going off like a flashing neon sign that we waaaaaant thaaat ... and we want to do what we have to in order to keep it thinking we're just as necessary to them ... maybe even sort of change stuff about ourselves... a little.

Heart It is our curiosity - our innate curiosity - this is it: Love at first sight. Second sight, be damned. Shy

That's why no more Neanderthals - they were second sighters - they had their chance, but for whatever reason, they blew it.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
16-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Yep, it is neat when you think about it. I would love to travel back in time and give granny a big hug and kiss.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-08-2012, 02:47 PM
I would too - I would love to see what they looked like; I think our earliest ones must have been really cool looking. They had to be or the synapses wouldn't fire up, the brain would't spark, the babies wouldn't happen.

They must have been so happy to have found each other. That happiness had to be exciting enough to propel us along an evolutionary trajectory. "Boring" can not cause those brain chemicals to leap into action; it must be curiosity; it must be a certain stance; a certain movement; a certain look; it must be love.
Que my old fart music....

I'm sure the Grans would understand. This is "weird science" after all. Wink