Weird shit happens to me at grocery stores...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2018, 01:24 PM
Weird shit happens to me at grocery stores...
I don't know what it is with me and grocery stores, but it's becoming a pattern. Ugh.

First, last year a dude gets close to me as I was walking into a Publix. He was coming the other way, sees me coming and directs his path and gets real close and as I pass by he whispers, "Hey baby girl" to me in the creepiest way he can manage. Blink

Another time, I'm checking out at a Target with my groceries and these two younger guys get in line behind me. They were talking for a while, and then one pipes up and asks me, "Hey, how many jobs do you have?" Wtf... how asks that? What kind of question is that? I say, "Just one. Why?" And he says, "No reason," and goes back to chatting. Huh Ooookay...

Last night, I was in another Publix and pushing my cart toward the end of one aisle. As I nearly reach the end, some old dude comes around the corner quickly and stops right in front of me, looks at me, and bluntly asks, "Where's the Manwich." "What??" "The Manwich- you know, sloppy joes." "I don't know." "Oh, some help you are." And he meanders away. I look back over my shoulder and say, "Well I don't work here, so of course I wouldn't be..."

Fucking baffling. For a split second, I thought the dude clocked me and was mocking me or something, but then sure enough- he really was looking for sloppy joes...

I finish my shopping, and -of course- the same dude comes up behind me in the express line. UGH! I try to ignore him, but he volunteers, "I found it." "What?" "The Manwich, I found it," he gestures to the can in his cart and then in the direction it was in in the store. I also notice his beer and my suspicion about his drunkenness seems a bit more likely. "Okay..." I turn back, and I swear I hear him mumble, "bitch" behind my back, and I turn again- "What?" "It just seems like you're in a bad mood!" Well I fucking am now! Some creepy drunk dude is demanding the Manwhich and calling me a bitch! Wtf!

Shocking Why me? Huh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 13 users Like Emma's post
06-03-2018, 01:39 PM
RE: Weird shit happens to me at grocery stores...
Omg that's horrible. Would have told that Manwich guy some crappy comeback like "Me and my friend gave your wife a Manwich last night." or something like that.

Side Note: Why is it called Manwich?

Other Side Not: I love what you did with the colored text

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze

[Image: uj9MSSa.gif]
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
06-03-2018, 01:43 PM
(06-03-2018 01:39 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Omg that's horrible. Would have told that Manwich guy some crappy comeback like "Me and my friend gave your wife a Manwich last night." or something like that.

Side Note: Why is it called Manwich?

Other Side Not: I love what you did with the colored text

Manwich is just a brand of gross ground meat-product in gross-red-brown-sauce otherwise called a sloppy joe. Confused

Also- thanks! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
06-03-2018, 01:46 PM
Emma, your stories sound like Walmart horror stories. I spend most of my time at the store trying to stop my six-year-old from causing damage I'm going to have to pay for. Last night, she was getting milk, and when she got to the refrigerated section, she just speeds up, and lets go of the cart to get some milk. If I weren't right there to grab the cart, it would have crashed into two people who were just a few feet away. Luckily, they thought it was pretty funny.

(06-03-2018 01:39 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Side Note: Why is it called Manwich?

It's been a very long time since I've heard it called that, but I do remember the name. I would have guessed it's a manly sandwich, or something, but I don't really know.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
06-03-2018, 01:48 PM

[+] 4 users Like Emma's post
06-03-2018, 01:49 PM
In warm weather, people always think that I am a store manager. I think that it is because I always wear black slacks and a white shirt. They are always asking where stuff is and lodge complaints with me. I guess I just look like a grocery store manager. I used to tell them that I don't work there immediately. Now, I try to be helpful. It is amusing to me.

I sometimes have passionate arguments with myself that almost come to blows.
[+] 1 user Likes Yonadav Kenyon's post
06-03-2018, 01:49 PM
Sorry they sound awful Sad

I've had the manwich one sort of happen at a Lowes where someone was demanding to know where something was and made such a scene that the manager came over and apologized to me profusely because some person refused to accept I didn't work there.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
06-03-2018, 01:53 PM
(06-03-2018 01:43 PM)Emma Wrote:  Manwich is just a brand of gross ground meat-product in gross-red-brown-sauce otherwise called a sloppy joe. Confused

I know what it is Tongue I am just curious why they went with that name.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze

[Image: uj9MSSa.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
06-03-2018, 02:09 PM
One of the less-than-fun things about being female: random strangers thinking that they have a right to critique the look on your face and also to call you a bitch if you don't respond flirtatiously to their overtures.

A harmless but extremely annoying geezer serenaded me one Sunday morning in the grocery store. I ran for the checkout lanes and wound up buying my peanut butter somewhere else.
[+] 4 users Like julep's post
06-03-2018, 02:11 PM
A sandwich is a sandwich but a manwich is a MEAL!

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 8 users Like unfogged's post