Weird shit happens to me at grocery stores...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2018, 03:48 PM
RE: Weird shit happens to me at grocery stores...
(06-03-2018 02:55 PM)Emma Wrote:  I couldn't tell if the dudes asking me how many jobs I have were remarking on the amount of groceries I was getting or if they were commenting that I look like a prostitute or something. It was very strange, and made me feel very self-conscious.

I don't have a problem with prostitution at all. It's just that, I don't really want to look like what people think a sex worker looks like. I guess? I've gotten looks before- but usually from other women who are looking me up and down and then judging me. Undecided

Maybe I was dressed a little risque, but that's the extent of it.

You don't look like a prostitute at all--like Not. At. All. I think you have great fashion sense and always look so cute. Who knows why Hobo people say what they say. It could be any number of things. But, no, definitely not because they thought you looked like a sex worker because you so don't.

And women looking other women up and down, it happens. It's sometimes to check out an outfit, sometimes due to their own insecurities about themselves, and so on. It has happened to me and I've seen my friends do it to other women too. For instance, I was at a New Year's Eve gala and this woman looked me up and down and I was kind of thinking to myself wtf...then I heard her say to her friend, "I love her shoes." I also caught myself doing it to this woman I saw walking by with a black umbrella, puffer vest, jeans, and boots. I loved her "rainy day" outfit, so naturally I looked her up and down, making a mental note of everything she was wearing. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
06-03-2018, 03:59 PM
Try working at one of these places, and dealing with a river of dumbasses for a ten-hour shift. Not saying you were out of line at all, just saying that working the register, your allotment of assholes is concentrated.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
06-03-2018, 05:43 PM
Being nearly deaf is the best thing about going to the grocery store. I can tune everyone out.

Of course, I am old and not getting hit on while there but I do run into a fair share of stupid.

I have run a register before.

There is a cashier at the store I go to who starts as soon as I walk up asking for my 'rewards card'. I tell her I will get it after I get the stuff on the conveyor and she continues to ask over and over again till I finally hand it to her. I have started avoiding her lane.

My grocery store peeves include the above, baggers who put cleaning products in the same bag as your food, and other customers who seem to want to run their cart up your ass before you can swipe your card.

It's the chore I dislike the most. AngryAngryAngry

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. -JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
06-03-2018, 06:41 PM
I'm in and out of grocery stores so fast I'm a blurrrrrr and people hardly see me. I seldom use a cart. I usually use a store basket and I load as much stuff as possible in it. (it's great weight bearing exercise) If I do use a cart you'd better get outtta my way honey cause I'm a-comming through!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
06-03-2018, 08:46 PM
My only weird grocery experience was at a Kroger when some random kid, maybe 16 or 17, came up to me and asked if I would like to see a movie with him.

Whaaaaat? Dude I haven't even seen your face for 5 seconds.

I gently said no and zoomed off to the checkout. I suspect the kid's friends put him up to it because they started laughing while I sped away.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
06-03-2018, 09:21 PM
(06-03-2018 02:29 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  "Oh what's this? Dollar bills I've never seen this, better check that they're real." Yeah, because I might be printing up $1s and $5s in my basement.

Hey it's been done, Mom. Do we need to keep an eye on you? ConsiderLaugh out load

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 2 users Like Dr H's post
06-03-2018, 09:53 PM
Could just be you are attractive/approachable and people mistake someone LOOKING approachable for someone actually being approachable.

Im a fairly attractive, tall guy, around 6'3" and people always seem put off by me when they realize Im not too interested in conversation with strangers. Some of my friends tell me Im the "most likeable asshole" they know. Ill take it, lol.

If you are in fact a hot girl, it chalk it up to guys being a bit dumb when it comes to interacting with women.

Most times if people say something to me in public that is idiotic or just in general not very interesting i will just look at them with a blank look then look away. I know im a dick lol i just usually am not too interested in talking to strangers most days.
[+] 3 users Like RBMG's post
06-03-2018, 11:17 PM
(06-03-2018 09:53 PM)RBMG Wrote:  Could just be you are attractive/approachable and people mistake someone LOOKING approachable for someone actually being approachable.

Im a fairly attractive, tall guy, around 6'3" and people always seem put off by me when they realize Im not too interested in conversation with strangers. Some of my friends tell me Im the "most likeable asshole" they know. Ill take it, lol.

If you are in fact a hot girl, it chalk it up to guys being a bit dumb when it comes to interacting with women.

Most times if people say something to me in public that is idiotic or just in general not very interesting i will just look at them with a blank look then look away. I know im a dick lol i just usually am not too interested in talking to strangers most days.

She is very pretty. She's also one of those people who doesn't realize how good looking she is. So I agree with your synopsis, that people think she is attractive and in those situations are failing miserably at trying to get her attention.
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
07-03-2018, 07:16 AM
Apparently you must have looked like you worked there. I also agree with you, Manwich is a disgusting concoction of roadkill disguised as spam masquerading as gruel unfit for human consumption.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
07-03-2018, 07:18 AM
(06-03-2018 11:17 PM)jennybee Wrote:  She is very pretty. She's also one of those people who doesn't realize how good looking she is. So I agree with your synopsis, that people think she is attractive and in those situations are failing miserably at trying to get her attention.

Wait, so "Manwich" may have been some geriatric euphemism? Now I'm intrigued.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac