Weird shit happens to me at grocery stores...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2018, 09:23 AM
RE: Weird shit happens to me at grocery stores...
(07-03-2018 07:18 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(06-03-2018 11:17 PM)jennybee Wrote:  She is very pretty. She's also one of those people who doesn't realize how good looking she is. So I agree with your synopsis, that people think she is attractive and in those situations are failing miserably at trying to get her attention.

Wait, so "Manwich" may have been some geriatric euphemism? Now I'm intrigued.

Laugh out load No, I think he was just *trying* to talk to her and was trying to do so in a nonchalant way to strike up a conversation and it came off Hobo
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
07-03-2018, 09:36 AM
(07-03-2018 09:23 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(07-03-2018 07:18 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Wait, so "Manwich" may have been some geriatric euphemism? Now I'm intrigued.

Laugh out load No, I think he was just *trying* to talk to her and was trying to do so in a nonchalant way to strike up a conversation and it came off Hobo

I agree with you.

However, if she didn't want to talk to a stranger, it is bad behavior on the stranger's part to call her a bitch and/or make comments about her being in a bad mood. No matter his disappointment, he should just politely move on to another attractive female and hope she's more receptive. (because anyone who sees him lash out is rightly going to avoid him)
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
07-03-2018, 09:42 AM
(07-03-2018 09:36 AM)julep Wrote:  
(07-03-2018 09:23 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Laugh out load No, I think he was just *trying* to talk to her and was trying to do so in a nonchalant way to strike up a conversation and it came off Hobo

I agree with you.

However, if she didn't want to talk to a stranger, it is bad behavior on the stranger's part to call her a bitch and/or make comments about her being in a bad mood. No matter his disappointment, he should just politely move on to another attractive female and hope she's more receptive. (because anyone who sees him lash out is rightly going to avoid him)

So agree. Thumbsup
07-03-2018, 10:09 AM
(06-03-2018 11:17 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(06-03-2018 09:53 PM)RBMG Wrote:  Could just be you are attractive/approachable and people mistake someone LOOKING approachable for someone actually being approachable.

Im a fairly attractive, tall guy, around 6'3" and people always seem put off by me when they realize Im not too interested in conversation with strangers. Some of my friends tell me Im the "most likeable asshole" they know. Ill take it, lol.

If you are in fact a hot girl, it chalk it up to guys being a bit dumb when it comes to interacting with women.

Most times if people say something to me in public that is idiotic or just in general not very interesting i will just look at them with a blank look then look away. I know im a dick lol i just usually am not too interested in talking to strangers most days.

She is very pretty. She's also one of those people who doesn't realize how good looking she is. So I agree with your synopsis, that people think she is attractive and in those situations are failing miserably at trying to get her attention.

Awww, thank you, Jenny- you're always so sweet! Blush I totally wasn't fishing for compliments! Still- coming from someone as pretty as you, it always makes me blush!

It's possible that the guy was just trying to start up a talk with me, but idk. If so, yeah- failed soooooooo badly at it! Laugh out load

(07-03-2018 07:16 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Apparently you must have looked like you worked there. I also agree with you, Manwich is a disgusting concoction of roadkill disguised as spam masquerading as gruel unfit for human consumption.

Yeah, Manwich is super gross. Confused I wouldn't touch the stuff.

I definitely didn't look like I worked there, though. The "uniform" is typically white shirt, black slacks, and then a green vest provided by the store.

I was wearing a knee-length red sweater dress and knee-high riding boots.

(07-03-2018 09:23 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(07-03-2018 07:18 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Wait, so "Manwich" may have been some geriatric euphemism? Now I'm intrigued.

Laugh out load At first, I wasn't sure if the dude was using it as a euphemism for... something else. Undecided But that would have been incredibly surprising because he would have had to clock me.

(07-03-2018 09:36 AM)julep Wrote:  
(07-03-2018 09:23 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Laugh out load No, I think he was just *trying* to talk to her and was trying to do so in a nonchalant way to strike up a conversation and it came off Hobo

I agree with you.

If the dude really was trying to strike up a conversation because he thought I was attractive- he was suuuuper bad at it. Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post
07-03-2018, 11:02 AM
(07-03-2018 10:09 AM)Emma Wrote:  
(06-03-2018 11:17 PM)jennybee Wrote:  She is very pretty. She's also one of those people who doesn't realize how good looking she is. So I agree with your synopsis, that people think she is attractive and in those situations are failing miserably at trying to get her attention.

Awww, thank you, Jenny- you're always so sweet! Blush I totally wasn't fishing for compliments! Still- coming from someone as pretty as you, it always makes me blush!

It's possible that the guy was just trying to start up a talk with me, but idk. If so, yeah- failed soooooooo badly at it! Laugh out load

(07-03-2018 07:16 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Apparently you must have looked like you worked there. I also agree with you, Manwich is a disgusting concoction of roadkill disguised as spam masquerading as gruel unfit for human consumption.

Yeah, Manwich is super gross. Confused I wouldn't touch the stuff.

I definitely didn't look like I worked there, though. The "uniform" is typically white shirt, black slacks, and then a green vest provided by the store.

I was wearing a knee-length red sweater dress and knee-high riding boots.

Laugh out load At first, I wasn't sure if the dude was using it as a euphemism for... something else. Undecided But that would have been incredibly surprising because he would have had to clock me.

(07-03-2018 09:36 AM)julep Wrote:  I agree with you.

If the dude really was trying to strike up a conversation because he thought I was attractive- he was suuuuper bad at it. Laugh out load

I know you weren't fishing for compliments Tongue I said it because it's true--you *are* one of those rare people who's beautiful both inside and out....and thank you for my compliment back Big Grin Heart
07-03-2018, 11:50 AM
(06-03-2018 09:21 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(06-03-2018 02:29 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  "Oh what's this? Dollar bills I've never seen this, better check that they're real." Yeah, because I might be printing up $1s and $5s in my basement.

Hey it's been done, Mom. Do we need to keep an eye on you? ConsiderLaugh out load

You should have seen the time I had a bunch of 2 dollar bills and used them to buy some stuff at the store.

It was pretty funny.

come to think if I were to go to the trouble of counterfeiting money, I might go with those. Consider

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-03-2018, 11:59 AM
Oh, god. There is something about grocery stores that brings out the worst in people.

Sorry you had to deal w/ that. I order my groceries for the most part, but when I have to shop, I do so quickly and without making any direct eye contact. lol

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: beb1339cfc76b95693fe0fd59c12ec05.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
07-03-2018, 12:27 PM
(07-03-2018 11:59 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Oh, god. There is something about grocery stores that brings out the worst in people.

Sorry you had to deal w/ that. I order my groceries for the most part, but when I have to shop, I do so quickly and without making any direct eye contact. lol

I'm trying to remember if there was eye contact with any of them before hand. There might have been, but not in all three events for sure. Consider

But, trying to avoid it might help me out in the future lol.
07-03-2018, 01:40 PM
(07-03-2018 12:27 PM)Emma Wrote:  
(07-03-2018 11:59 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Oh, god. There is something about grocery stores that brings out the worst in people.

I'm trying to remember if there was eye contact with any of them before hand. There might have been, but not in all three events for sure. Consider

But, trying to avoid it might help me out in the future lol.

Eye contact, even glances, smiling can give the impression of being more approachable. This is something I actively avoid in the grocery store. I go about once per week to do most of the shopping for the week and the place is just full of weirdos. Oddly, though, I have fewer problems there than I do walking into our very local safeway store -- where the staff are mostly the issue and not the other shoppers.

Just today I ran in for a moment and some random employee walked passed me and asked the perfunctory, "are you finding everything ok?" question and I replied, "Where are the pre shredded cheeses that are advertised in the paper?" I left mine at home and there was a stack by the entrance since they come out on Wednesdays but didn't think to grab one.

The dude just kept walking as though I had said, 'everything's fine.'

Oddly when i went to the check out to pay for the shredded cheese. The checker asked the same question, so I told her the short tale. She said nothing except, "well you found it."

Turned out I had the wrong brand (they had like 20 brands and none were clearly marked). I just told her to forget about the purchase and walked out of the store.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-03-2018, 01:56 PM
(07-03-2018 01:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Eye contact, even glances, smiling can give the impression of being more approachable. This is something I actively avoid in the grocery store. I go about once per week to do most of the shopping for the week and the place is just full of weirdos. Oddly, though, I have fewer problems there than I do walking into our very local safeway store -- where the staff are mostly the issue and not the other shoppers.

Just today I ran in for a moment and some random employee walked passed me and asked the perfunctory, "are you finding everything ok?" question and I replied, "Where are the pre shredded cheeses that are advertised in the paper?" I left mine at home and there was a stack by the entrance since they come out on Wednesdays but didn't think to grab one.

The dude just kept walking as though I had said, 'everything's fine.'

Oddly when i went to the check out to pay for the shredded cheese. The checker asked the same question, so I told her the short tale. She said nothing except, "well you found it."

Turned out I had the wrong brand (they had like 20 brands and none were clearly marked). I just told her to forget about the purchase and walked out of the store.

Ooooh that would irritate the shit out of me. "Well, you found it." Yeah, no thanks to "Jimmy", who asked and then just kept walking. And then to find out it wasn't even the right one! Yeaaaaahh fuck that. I'd have wanted to say something snotty, like, "Turns out, I didn't find, did I? Maybe I should have gotten some of that "help" when I was asked if I needed any."

Just walking out was probably the best solution. What dicks, though.