Weird shit happens to me at grocery stores...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2018, 07:24 PM
RE: Weird shit happens to me at grocery stores...
(06-03-2018 01:24 PM)Emma Wrote:  Why me?

Because you don't wear a skull cap, like mine. Drinking Beverage

With this symbol printed on it's front.

[Image: skull%20and%20cross%20swords.jpg]

Deprive an asshole a smile, they look away. Wink Give lil Miss Too-Nosy a mischievous smile & wink, they remove themselves from your vicinity. Evil_monster

Tongue

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
07-03-2018, 08:19 PM
(07-03-2018 06:49 PM)julep Wrote:  And to go through my backpack, which is usually full of those horribly suspicious book thingies.

BOOKS! They're just the worst! Anyone with books is probably a tur'rist!
[+] 3 users Like Emma's post
07-03-2018, 08:21 PM
(07-03-2018 07:24 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(06-03-2018 01:24 PM)Emma Wrote:  Why me?

Because you don't wear a skull cap, like mine. Drinking Beverage

With this symbol printed on it's front.

[Image: skull%20and%20cross%20swords.jpg]

Deprive an asshole a smile, they look away. Wink Give lil Miss Too-Nosy a mischievous smile & wink, they remove themselves from your vicinity. Evil_monster

Tongue

Oh God, no, a smile and wink from me and my bad attitude wouldn't cut it anymore for making them weirdos go away. Unless I was carrying a bat, too. Consider
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post
08-03-2018, 12:48 PM
Wear a t-shirt that says "Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your personal savior?" -- that'll keep most people away (even most Christians).
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
08-03-2018, 12:54 PM
(08-03-2018 12:48 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Wear a t-shirt that says "Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your personal savior?" -- that'll keep most people away (even most Christians).

lolol except for the craziest of them. Then someone like my dad will come by and say something dumb like, "He is risen!" to me. Ugh.
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post
08-03-2018, 02:32 PM
Pro tip: avoid lines and if that isn't possible ignore other people as you would in an elevator. It will all be over soon enough.

But your stories were funny at least.

Wait I do have one for you. I'm in the express lane at the Berkeley bowl and am munching on a minnie baguette that I'm buying. When I sign for the credit card with my finger the lady behind me in line pipes up and tells me "yuck, how can you touch that pad we all have to use when you've been eating?" She had the haunted, neurotic look of a Howard Hughes level germaphobe so I didn't say anything to her. Plan A is always ignore the weirdos.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
[+] 1 user Likes whateverist's post
08-03-2018, 02:49 PM
(08-03-2018 02:32 PM)whateverist Wrote:  Pro tip: avoid lines and if that isn't possible ignore other people as you would in an elevator. It will all be over soon enough.

But your stories were funny at least.

Wait I do have one for you. I'm in the express lane at the Berkeley bowl and am munching on a minnie baguette that I'm buying. When I sign for the credit card with my finger the lady behind me in line pipes up and tells me "yuck, how can you touch that pad we all have to use when you've been eating?" She had the haunted, neurotic look of a Howard Hughes level germaphobe so I didn't say anything to her. Plan A is always ignore the weirdos.

Laugh out load I need to get better at ignoring! Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
08-03-2018, 02:54 PM
(07-03-2018 06:49 PM)julep Wrote:  
(07-03-2018 05:31 PM)Dr H Wrote:  Certainly not in my case. I look scary. Ask the TSA, that frequently moves me to the "special treatment" line at airports. Tongue

Is "special treatment" code for boob-check? Story of my life! I look like a soccer mom, nobody's scared of me, but TSA people seem to like nothing better than to feel me up. And to go through my backpack, which is usually full of those horribly suspicious book thingies.

In my case it's been code for "everything you own will be wiped down with an ETD pad, and then a wand run up between your legs". Blink

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 2 users Like Dr H's post
08-03-2018, 02:58 PM
(06-03-2018 01:24 PM)Emma Wrote:  I don't know what it is with me and grocery stores, but it's becoming a pattern. Ugh.

First, last year a dude gets close to me as I was walking into a Publix. He was coming the other way, sees me coming and directs his path and gets real close and as I pass by he whispers, "Hey baby girl" to me in the creepiest way he can manage. Blink

Another time, I'm checking out at a Target with my groceries and these two younger guys get in line behind me. They were talking for a while, and then one pipes up and asks me, "Hey, how many jobs do you have?" Wtf... how asks that? What kind of question is that? I say, "Just one. Why?" And he says, "No reason," and goes back to chatting. Huh Ooookay...

Last night, I was in another Publix and pushing my cart toward the end of one aisle. As I nearly reach the end, some old dude comes around the corner quickly and stops right in front of me, looks at me, and bluntly asks, "Where's the Manwich." "What??" "The Manwich- you know, sloppy joes." "I don't know." "Oh, some help you are." And he meanders away. I look back over my shoulder and say, "Well I don't work here, so of course I wouldn't be..."

Fucking baffling. For a split second, I thought the dude clocked me and was mocking me or something, but then sure enough- he really was looking for sloppy joes...

I finish my shopping, and -of course- the same dude comes up behind me in the express line. UGH! I try to ignore him, but he volunteers, "I found it." "What?" "The Manwich, I found it," he gestures to the can in his cart and then in the direction it was in in the store. I also notice his beer and my suspicion about his drunkenness seems a bit more likely. "Okay..." I turn back, and I swear I hear him mumble, "bitch" behind my back, and I turn again- "What?" "It just seems like you're in a bad mood!" Well I fucking am now! Some creepy drunk dude is demanding the Manwhich and calling me a bitch! Wtf!

Damn. Sorry you had to go through that.

Quote:Shocking Why me? Huh

Maybe you have one of those faces that 'puts people at ease ', for the lack of a better term.
I think I have it. Several con-men at airports and train-stations have picked me out of a crowd to talk with. Same as many tourists and people who are lost.
Last summer I was walking home from work at 3-4 am, through a barely lit, deserted industrial area - when a woman barely out of her teens came up to me and asked for the quickest way back to the city.
Doesn't necessarily mean anything, but from what I gather most women don't feel comfortable approaching strange men in the middle of the night / and nowhere, just for a shortcut.

In general, does people you meet for the first time take to you quickly?

"Throughout history, every mystery, ever solved, has turned out to be; Not magic."
[+] 1 user Likes M. Linoge's post
08-03-2018, 03:07 PM
(08-03-2018 02:58 PM)M. Linoge Wrote:  Maybe you have one of those faces that 'puts people at ease ', for the lack of a better term.
I think I have it. Several con-men at airports and train-stations have picked me out of a crowd to talk with. Same as many tourists and people who are lost.
Last summer I was walking home from work at 3-4 am, through a barely lit, deserted industrial area - when a woman barely out of her teens came up to me and asked for the quickest way back to the city.
Doesn't necessarily mean anything, but from what I gather most women don't feel comfortable approaching strange men in the middle of the night / and nowhere, just for a shortcut.

In general, does people you meet for the first time take to you quickly?

That could be, I guess. Consider

Yeah- I wouldn't feel comfortable approaching most men like that young woman did with you. I'd be far too scared!

I think people tend to like me fairly quickly? I tend to get along with most people, at least on a basic level. I'm really not that good at being a friend, though. Undecided
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post