Weird shit happens to me at grocery stores...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2018, 03:12 PM
RE: Weird shit happens to me at grocery stores...
(08-03-2018 03:07 PM)Emma Wrote:  I think people tend to like me fairly quickly? I tend to get along with most people, at least on a basic level. I'm really not that good at being a friend, though. Undecided

Something else we have in common.

"Throughout history, every mystery, ever solved, has turned out to be; Not magic."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes M. Linoge's post
08-03-2018, 05:12 PM
The time to be in a supermarket is Sunday one hour before church lets out. Empty store, lots of checkers.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
08-03-2018, 06:43 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2018 06:49 PM by Airportkid.)
(08-03-2018 02:32 PM)whateverist Wrote:  ... "yuck, how can you touch that pad we all have to use when you've been eating?" ...

You missed an opportunity: "Oh my, you're SO right, my apologies" and then convincingly pretend to lick your fingertip and wipe the entire pad surface clean Tongue
08-03-2018, 06:48 PM
(08-03-2018 05:12 PM)Dom Wrote:  The time to be in a supermarket is Sunday one hour before church lets out. Empty store, lots of checkers.

Too much religious diversity here...church times vary too much by day and time. That used to be my plan but it just doesn't work here. Undecided

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. -JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
08-03-2018, 07:00 PM
(08-03-2018 05:12 PM)Dom Wrote:  The time to be in a supermarket is Sunday one hour before church lets out. Empty store, lots of checkers.

For my local supermarket, the best time is Sunday, arriving at the checkout a little after 8 a.m. That means I leave for shopping usually around 7:30. Supermarket opens at 7, baggers arrive at 8. Most people who shop on Sundays are either at church and will come at 10, 11, whatever. or are still sleeping.

...but how pathetic is it that I've made a strategy of this? I am misusing my time, obviously.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
08-03-2018, 07:00 PM

I usually go right before closing or right after opening. Few people and the checkers are either too tired or focused on stocking the shelves to pay me any attention.

"Throughout history, every mystery, ever solved, has turned out to be; Not magic."
[+] 1 user Likes M. Linoge's post
08-03-2018, 07:02 PM
(08-03-2018 07:00 PM)julep Wrote:  

For my local supermarket, the best time is Sunday, arriving at the checkout a little after 8 a.m. That means I leave for shopping usually around 7:30. Supermarket opens at 7, baggers arrive at 8. Most people who shop on Sundays are either at church and will come at 10, 11, whatever. or are still sleeping.

...but how pathetic is it that I've made a strategy of this? I am misusing my time, obviously.

Time managed is time saved, especially if it keeps you away from annoying people.

[+] 2 users Like M. Linoge's post
08-03-2018, 07:33 PM

And the worst time to be in a supermarket is about one hour AFTER church lets out. Chruch goers have done their penance and god duties for the week and when they're at the supermarket right after church they have a superior smug attitude about themselves. I'm also amazed at what people wear to church these days. Some women look like a two bit hooker. Tongue

When I was in college my roommate worked as a waitress at a restaurant near a church and all the parishioner would come over to eat lunch after church and she said they were the worst tippers. Guess they gave all their money to god an didn't have any left over for regular people.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
19-03-2018, 12:43 PM
So, today was "big" shopping day (like every Monday), albeit a little lighter because half the house is leaving on a trip mid week.

I went to the first store and the checker comments on everything and makes idle chit chat about their weekend, which I give zero fucks about but listen to anyway.

Then, I go to the other market. We only needed one thing from this store, so I grab, kinda walk around to see if anything else grabs my eye, and end up getting into line to pay.

The item I purchased was priced at $6.99, so I hand the checker $7. He asks me if I want a bag, I say yes, and he asks if I want a receipt, I say yes to that as well since I'm paying in cash (this particular store has the option of emailing you a receipt and has no club card crap).

He gives me a receipt. Then suddenly I'm thinking, he didn't give me my change Yes, it's only a penny, but wouldn't it be better to ask instead of presuming that I wouldn't want it or care?? I didn't know what to do, since he already closed the cash drawer and I leave feeling somewhat disgruntled and bewildered mostly at myself.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-03-2018, 02:21 PM
(19-03-2018 12:43 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So, today was "big" shopping day (like every Monday), albeit a little lighter because half the house is leaving on a trip mid week.

I went to the first store and the checker comments on everything and makes idle chit chat about their weekend, which I give zero fucks about but listen to anyway.

Then, I go to the other market. We only needed one thing from this store, so I grab, kinda walk around to see if anything else grabs my eye, and end up getting into line to pay.

The item I purchased was priced at $6.99, so I hand the checker $7. He asks me if I want a bag, I say yes, and he asks if I want a receipt, I say yes to that as well since I'm paying in cash (this particular store has the option of emailing you a receipt and has no club card crap).

He gives me a receipt. Then suddenly I'm thinking, he didn't give me my change Yes, it's only a penny, but wouldn't it be better to ask instead of presuming that I wouldn't want it or care?? I didn't know what to do, since he already closed the cash drawer and I leave feeling somewhat disgruntled and bewildered mostly at myself.

Probably I would have made a remark about his accounting at day's end being out of wack by a penny.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post