Weirdest compliment you ever received!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2017, 05:12 PM
RE: Weirdest compliment you ever received!
When I was 16 I was walking toward a bus stop, when I arrived at the bus stop an old man sitting there told me "oh, for afar I thought you were a boy but now I see you're a beautiful girl" (I don't remember exactly if he said beautiful, but I remember he intended to mean it as a compliment like I was a beautiful girl and he was sorry for the mistake). He was quite serious.. In his defence, I had long hair and absolutely not facial hair, and rather feminine features as I was very thin, but still...from close I looked like a boy, dressed like a boy, and was already 190 cm which would have been very unusual for a woman. But it wasn't actually the first time I was mistaken for a girl (especially by elderly who apparently still weren't used to this boys will long hair), so I didn't take it bad, I suppressed a laugh and thanked the man for the compliment, but I was with a friend of mine who started to laugh and told the old man "but he IS a boy". The old man looked quite surprised and disappointed by the news.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Sturm's post
01-06-2017, 08:47 PM
I've had someone tell me I have "thin fingers". Laugh out load

I still don't know why that is a compliment but I knew they meant it as such.
[+] 2 users Like Larai19's post
01-06-2017, 09:03 PM
(01-06-2017 08:47 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  I've had someone tell me I have "thin fingers". Laugh out load

I got a similar one back in high school. Mine was, "He has girl fingers." I was taking shorthand and had already taken typing. There were only two boys in shorthand: me and a football player. We were the second & third guys in our area that had ever taken shorthand. My brother had been the first.

So football guy noted I typed about twice as fast as him. He asked teacher why. She asked me to show the class my hands. As I did, she said, Clockwork has hands like a girl so he finds it easier to type compared to most guys.

She realized how it sounded, and started to apologize. I said, nah, she's right. Football guy had the short, thick fingers you expect from a big athlete.

Also had them called "artist fingers."

Note: in this context, "football" is American rules football, like NFL.
[+] 3 users Like Clockwork's post
02-06-2017, 10:49 AM
(01-06-2017 09:03 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 08:47 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  I've had someone tell me I have "thin fingers". Laugh out load

I got a similar one back in high school. Mine was, "He has girl fingers." I was taking shorthand and had already taken typing. There were only two boys in shorthand: me and a football player. We were the second & third guys in our area that had ever taken shorthand. My brother had been the first.

So football guy noted I typed about twice as fast as him. He asked teacher why. She asked me to show the class my hands. As I did, she said, Clockwork has hands like a girl so he finds it easier to type compared to most guys.

She realized how it sounded, and started to apologize. I said, nah, she's right. Football guy had the short, thick fingers you expect from a big athlete.

Also had them called "artist fingers."

Note: in this context, "football" is American rules football, like NFL.

I didn't realize that thin fingers meant nimbleness. Now, I do feel complimented, odd as it was. Big Grin XD
[+] 1 user Likes Larai19's post
02-06-2017, 10:55 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2017 11:06 AM by Emma.)
From my mother-in-law not long ago, commenting on my physical transition changes-

"Emma, you've got a nice butt now!"

What? Thanks... I guess?
Huh
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post
02-06-2017, 11:16 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2017 12:11 PM by KUSA.)
(02-06-2017 10:55 AM)Emma Wrote:  From my mother-in-law not long ago, commenting on my physical transition changes-

What? Thanks... I guess?
Huh

I'll give you a second opinion on it if you want one.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
02-06-2017, 11:58 AM
(02-06-2017 10:55 AM)Emma Wrote:  From my mother-in-law not long ago, commenting on my physical transition changes-

What? Thanks... I guess?
Huh

Ugh, Tongue My bf's mom has no boundaries either. We decided to do something special for her, so I took her out for the day-got her hair done, bought all kinds of new make up, and a new outfit. We took her out that night to a wine bar that has a live band. And since my bf doesn't dance, I went out on the dance floor and danced with her. Anyway, she wasn't drinking or anything, which made what happened next a bit odd. She asked me to go to the ladies room with her--so of course, I said yes (you know, women go in groups to pee Laugh out load ).

Anyway, it was only a one person bathroom, so she went in, took her pee while I waited outside. Then I was like, fuck, I'm here, might as well go pee too. So she comes out and I go in and she followed me into the bathroom Shocking And I'm like um???? Anyway, I'm like uh I have to pee. And she's like I know, I won't watch, I just don't want to stand out there by myself. So then, I'm like ah, fuckit because I had to pee. So I drop my jeans and my panties and she just stood there staring while I did the hover thing, talking to me about random shit. Then she says you look really nice tonight. Hobo So it wasn't the compliment, it was hovering in mid pee while getting a compliment from my bf's mom No
[+] 5 users Like jennybee's post
02-06-2017, 12:13 PM
(02-06-2017 11:58 AM)jennybee Wrote:  

What? Thanks... I guess?
Huh

Ugh, Tongue My bf's mom has no boundaries either. We decided to do something special for her, so I took her out for the day-got her hair done, bought all kinds of new make up, and a new outfit. We took her out that night to a wine bar that has a live band. And since my bf doesn't dance, I went out on the dance floor and danced with her. Anyway, she wasn't drinking or anything, which made what happened next a bit odd. She asked me to go to the ladies room with her--so of course, I said yes (you know, women go in groups to pee Laugh out load ).

Anyway, it was only a one person bathroom, so she went in, took her pee while I waited outside. Then I was like, fuck, I'm here, might as well go pee too. So she comes out and I go in and she followed me into the bathroom Shocking And I'm like um???? Anyway, I'm like uh I have to pee. And she's like I know, I won't watch, I just don't want to stand out there by myself. So then, I'm like ah, fuckit because I had to pee. So I drop my jeans and my panties and she just stood there staring while I did the hover thing, talking to me about random shit. Then she says you look really nice tonight. Hobo So it wasn't the compliment, it was hovering in mid pee while getting a compliment from my bf's mom No

I... would be speechless. Gasp

Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post
02-06-2017, 12:13 PM
She wanted to make sure you were equipped right for her son.
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post
02-06-2017, 12:14 PM
At my company, I used to work the shipping counter so, most people around town knew me from that. When I began driving and delivering, people who recognized me from the counter had various reactions. I had many regular counter customers including the owner of the local titty bar, which happened to be around the corner.

One day, I happened to deliver to the home of the titty bar owner. He saw the truck at the curb and came out and was surprised to see me. He asked if this was now my permanent job and I told him, "Yep, no more counter."
He said, "Oh." and then yelled as I jumped back into the truck, "Well ... you look great on the truck!".

Ok. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post