Weirdest movies you have seen

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2013, 08:41 PM
RE: Weirdest movies you have seen
Thanks! I found Primer to be predictable at times, but there were definitely some "huh?" moments. Also, Great White North is awesome, I might have to go grab a beer and some bacon.
(23-01-2013 07:56 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  The trailer to primer didn't give anything away, at least to my knowledge. Still, going to check it out, from the critical acclaim it received. Thanks for mentioning it!

BTW, welcome back! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ellien's post
26-08-2013, 02:36 PM
A Clockwork Orange

26-08-2013, 04:48 PM

The Holy Mountain. I don't regret seeing it, it all makes lots of sense in the end.

26-08-2013, 05:17 PM
The Cello (Korean horror movie)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-08-2013, 06:29 PM
DON'T WORRY! THE NUDITY IS COMPLETELY BLURRED/EDITED OUT!

Might not have been "weird" in the strictest sense, or by your standards, but I was like Blink wut?

THX 1138

26-08-2013, 08:35 PM
Well, la Planète Sauvage is always good for a WTF.

... this is my signature!
28-08-2013, 08:43 AM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2013 09:29 AM by Luminon.)
(16-12-2012 10:22 AM)bemore Wrote:  Branded is a pretty freaky film. I watched it and was like Shocking WTF did I just watch
I watched Branded and I'm not weirded out, I see someone confirmed what I was thinking all along. Lenin invented marketing, that's going to be something for my anarchocapitalistic frienemies.
Yes, the second half of the movie has a terrible screenplay, ending, the logic of it, I could really improve it and all the graphics as well, without even raising the budget. Someone ran out of inspiration there. I saw the idea behind it and it's so good that I didn't notice the production flaws until I read some reviews. But nevermind, I think it gets the message across to people who aren't completely blind, so it's obviously a minority placement.
This freaky is my normal. It's your normal too, you just don't know about it. Let's make a film so it's visible even to philosophically challenged people. If our ancestors personified vices and virtues as statues, we can use 3D FX for the parasites of economy.

What is economy? It is teeth, gullet, stomach, intestines and shitter of the world. And we made it our idol, we glorify it, we jump into it, we push our fellow men into it. We define ourselves by our relationship to it. We are the lemmings and this is the cliff. You think bowing down to God or the Party is bad enough? We bow down to the toilet.

Let's give you a philosophical question. Consumerism. The brands are its eggs, the trash is its dung. Where does it lurk, grow, copulate and rear its spawn?

14-09-2013, 02:00 AM (This post was last modified: 14-09-2013 02:19 AM by DerVin166.)
Video RE: Weirdest movies you have seen
Anything by Alejandro Jodorowsky...especially "El Topo", "The Holy Mountain" and "Santa Sangre" (my fave). I was going to post the trailers...but they're too intense/explicit!

"The Saragossa Manuscript" is another weird one I can recommend. Here's the trailer (Francis Ford Coppola and Martin Scorsese restored and re-released it)

Weird, perverse (for its time) and incredibly beautiful is George A. ("Night Of The Living Dead") Romero's favourite film

“I'm an atheist, and that's it. I believe there's nothing we can know except that we should be kind to each other and do what we can for people.” - Katharine Hepburn