Weirdest movies you have seen

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2012, 09:49 AM
RE: Weirdest movies you have seen

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like N.E.OhioAtheist's post
23-08-2012, 09:50 AM
A Clockwork Orange is fine... the book is brilliant, but I was disappointed by the film.

[Image: opforum1.png]
23-08-2012, 10:00 AM (This post was last modified: 23-08-2012 10:10 AM by kim.)
Ha - most of the movies Lucradis listed, I've seen and liked so... yea, "weird" is subjective.

I've not seen Human Centipede but I'll probably need to be in a mood for it.

Here's one no one's mentioned - Lair of the White Worm. It was pretty interesting.

The Forbidden Zone is pretty fun and I highly recommend it if you've not seen it. There's something for everyone in that one. Wink

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
23-08-2012, 02:38 PM
Hmmm. This is hard to answer. I'm looking back through my reviews to see what would qualify.
How about Planet Terror? I'm not sure it was weird, but it sure was a big ol' pile of crazy! Rose McGowan with a machine gun leg? Yup.

I agree with whoever mentioned The Tree Of Life. It was weird in a more subtle way, but it was definitely weird.
I've seen gobs of bizarro horror movies over the years, but they tend to leave my mind rather quickly.
23-08-2012, 09:15 PM
I don't know if any of you have ever heard of seen any movie with Vincent D'onofrio in it, but he's a very good actor. He's a method actor and so he gets very into his characters and does a wide variety of them. You might have seen him play Private Pyle in Full Metal Jacket or Detective Robert Goren in Law and Order Criminal Intent. Well, one movie he was in that I saw is very creepy. It's called "The Cell", he's the summary off of imdb, "An FBI agent persuades a social worker, who is adept with a new experimental technology, to enter the mind of a comatose serial killer in order to learn where he has hidden his latest kidnap victim."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0209958/

Vincent D'onofrio plays the serial killer. And if you happen to like him some films that he's great in that I recommend are Thumbsucker, Whole Wide World, and Happy Accidents.
[+] 1 user Likes Oxiate's post
18-09-2012, 02:45 PM
I browsed pretty generously through the forum to see if anyone else had mentioned the Korean film "Old Boy", seems to me no one has. I was curious if anyone else had seen it? I thought it was a really great movie; full of raw emotion, violence (yes!), and quite a few fucked up themes that make you cringe. There are some uncomfortable moments but I tend to forget those when I see the acting of many of the characters portrayed. Netflix has a shitty dubbed version of it, which I would not suggest, considering the fact it takes away emotion in people's voices when they're speaking and most of the time it doesn't line up quite right. From my boyfriend forcing me to watch it on a Wednesday afternoon, it was not what I expected. I was definitely thinking about it a few hours later. The plot blows my mind.....but that's kind of a spoiler if I told you. I do know that it would most certainly not make it as a mainstream movie in the US -- those Koreans are fucked up. Haha.

Also, second weirdest (I guess really just one that kinda gave me the heebie jeebies) and great movies was Guillermo Del Torro's The Orphanage. Superb.

"I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse."
[+] 2 users Like ctull's post
18-09-2012, 02:47 PM
Old Boy... amazing.
The Orphanage... amazing.

I think I'm going to like you. Big Grin

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
18-09-2012, 02:47 PM
(20-08-2012 04:50 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  The Tree of Life. More awful than weird... but still very weird.

And it's highly-rated, with awards from Cannes and everything...

[Image: Images%5CThe%20Tree%20of%20Life%5C7.jpg]
By the way, could not agree with you more. I was kind of excited with this great expectation that so many film critics had given it rave reviews just to sit and find out Brad Pitt must be desperate and that it was just a shitty art film.

"I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse."
18-09-2012, 02:54 PM
(18-09-2012 02:47 PM)frankiej Wrote:  Old Boy... amazing.
The Orphanage... amazing.

I think I'm going to like you. Big Grin

The best fight scene of any movie is when Oh Dae-su is whooping ass in the hallway of the former prison. They did not cut scene a single time. Remarkable.

Eat that, US! Smile

[+] 1 user Likes ctull's post
18-09-2012, 03:31 PM
The strangest ones that immediately come to mind are Un Chien Andalou (1928) and Tetsuo: The Iron Man (1989). I had to watch the first one in a class on western art. It is a surrealist film by the artist Salvadore Dali. I watched the second one because I heard it was really weird.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user