Weirdest thing I've ever felt

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2013, 01:11 PM
RE: Weirdest thing I've ever felt
Whenever I get strange feelings I raise my arms over my head and say a couple tongue twisters to rule out strokes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2013, 12:25 AM
RE: Weirdest thing I've ever felt
(02-03-2013 09:39 AM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  
(02-03-2013 02:28 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Sounds similar to the so-called "OZ factor".

Perhaps a mild temporal lobe seizure? Consider
It was not the Oz Factor, I didn't hallucinate at all.

And I was most likely not visited by aliens, although that would be cool.
lol. Well, the "OZ factor" was coined by a UFO-nut, yes, but it does reflect a tangible psychological phenomenon. As I said; a temporal lobe seizure. Interference of the temporal lobe can produce euphoric; hallucinogenic; otherworldly; even "spiritual" sensations.

I would argue that an individual who perceives a seperation from his body - or a sense that his surroundings are unreal (the very definition of the OZ factor) - is in fact experiencing a sensory hallucination; because it is an alteration of what we perceive to be reality.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-03-2013, 03:07 PM
Re: Weirdest thing I've ever felt
What u r describing is classical "depersonalization" ...google it
It s a common and mostly benign condition , the most common cause s too much caffeine / stress / anxiety.
Although common we do not see it regularly in clinical practice (i m a shrink) probably bcoz it s transient ..
It may occur in the context of epilepsy or other brain lesions however those cases usually present with other signs of illness like E.g paralysis etc .. and it usually more extensive n persistant.

Depersonalization may occur with derealization ..
Find all posts by this user