Welcome Mark Dreher

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Votes - 2.3 Average
04-09-2013, 07:09 AM
RE: Welcome Mark Dreher
(04-09-2013 06:15 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Hey Mark

Honest question here for you. The story of the Noah and the flood was so incredible to me that I started to question other aspects of the bible and its teachings. Since you have the deity herself sitting next to you, could you ask for some clarification on that story?

(1) How did the koalas and cave shrimp and alpacas (and all the other far flung creatures) get to the Ark on time before the flood? Also, how did salt water creatures (plants, fish, plankton, etc) survive the dilution of the seas?
(2) Given the dimensions in the bible, how could it possibly house all the creatures on earth for such a long period?
(3) Why did god deny dinosaurs access to the ark?
(4) How did god get around the lack of genetic diversity?

Not understanding or believing this story was the wedge that began my departure from religion (raised episcopal). Could you please ask the only living witness to that event, if they could shed some light on my questions?

Thanks

The book of Genesis, "is not literal".

So..

There is NO NEED, to try and explain it.

It is "teaching stories".

The literal stuff, starts in the book of Exodus.

With the Moses and Pharaoh story.

The "Ark"

Is actually

COMMONLY thought of

As Jesus.

Note, the wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noah%27s_Ark

Quote.

Interpretations of the ark narrative played an important role in early Christian doctrine. St. Hippolytus of Rome (d. 235) sought to demonstrate that "the Ark was a symbol of the Christ who was expected", stating that the vessel had its door on the east side – the direction from which Christ would appear at the Second Coming

End quote.

So, the Ark

Is Jesus.

In fact, my name, even says it.

Mark

i.e. Mark the Ark.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2013, 07:15 AM
(04-09-2013 06:38 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(04-09-2013 05:42 AM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  ...
Planned Parenthood, and filth, like that.

I hardly call that, charity.

Let's see you put some money in a food bank.

Never, gonna happen.

You think parents shouldn't plan?

Ah yes, I remember, now.

"Take therefore no thought for the morrow".... Jesus "morals of an alley cat" Jew-boy Christ.

Oy vey! I tried a food bank, already.

Not enough interest back on my deposit.

In other words

There "is no profit, in it".

Charity, is NOT, an "investment".

That is

"Investing".

An actual charity

Would be The Red Cross.

Funny name

Hmm..

I wonder what that cross

Refers to?
04-09-2013, 07:23 AM
(04-09-2013 07:09 AM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  

Honest question here for you. The story of the Noah and the flood was so incredible to me that I started to question other aspects of the bible and its teachings. Since you have the deity herself sitting next to you, could you ask for some clarification on that story?

(1) How did the koalas and cave shrimp and alpacas (and all the other far flung creatures) get to the Ark on time before the flood? Also, how did salt water creatures (plants, fish, plankton, etc) survive the dilution of the seas?
(2) Given the dimensions in the bible, how could it possibly house all the creatures on earth for such a long period?

Not understanding or believing this story was the wedge that began my departure from religion (raised episcopal). Could you please ask the only living witness to that event, if they could shed some light on my questions?

Thanks

So..

The "Ark"

Is actually

COMMONLY thought of

As Jesus.

Note, the wikipedia.

Quote.

Interpretations of the ark narrative played an important role in early Christian doctrine. St. Hippolytus of Rome (d. 235) sought to demonstrate that "the Ark was a symbol of the Christ who was expected", stating that the vessel had its door on the east side – the direction from which Christ would appear at the Second Coming

End quote.

So, the Ark

Is Jesus.

Mark

i.e. Mark the Ark.

u cant mean being logical

to believe smthg that thing must look at least being existing objectively, so a kind of subjective speculation about what the fact represent is justfiable somehow logically

but u jump to keep meaning the word belief for god, when god is meant as a source of creations then he cant b existing in his creations, so the word belief cant apply for that

u always want to reject logics while insisting to present urself as being beyond it knowing what arguments are
about

it is clear that u mean believing some words in religions, which is hundred percent about urself will, so believing urself which cant b
u actually mean believing that god will take u to heaven so hundrepercent about urself alone

believing is a very living word that keep pointing objective truth

when a fact is clearly absolute one, even if the conscious realizing it know being nothing to it cant but believe it existing really there present

believing is considering else presence being real

what mean else mean oneself as else too

again which prove that u cant believe what u r meaning making u

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
04-09-2013, 07:38 AM
(04-09-2013 07:15 AM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  ...
An actual charity Would be The Red Cross.

Funny name Hmm.. I wonder what that cross

Refers to?

Tsk, tsk, so much for omniscience. I learned that when I was 6 years old.

OK, I will help with your education:

"Relation to the flag of Switzerland
According to the ICRC, the emblem adopted was formed by reversing the colours of the Swiss flag.[1] However, according to jurist and Red Cross historian Pierre Boissier, no clear evidence of this origin has been found; the concept that the design was chosen to compliment the country in which the convention at which it was adopted was held, was promoted later to counter the objections of Turkey that the flag was a Christian symbol.[2] This was enshrined in the 1906 revision of the Convention.[3]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emblems_of_...#Red_Cross

Good that, or they would have offended the true faith.

Also the Red Cross is one of my customers.

I charge them extra because they are a charity and can afford it.

Cool

04-09-2013, 07:47 AM
(04-09-2013 07:38 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Tsk, tsk, so much for omniscience. I learned that when I was 6 years old.

OK, I will help with your education:

"Relation to the flag of Switzerland
According to the ICRC, the emblem adopted was formed by reversing the colours of the Swiss flag.[1] However, according to jurist and Red Cross historian Pierre Boissier, no clear evidence of this origin has been found; the concept that the design was chosen to compliment the country in which the convention at which it was adopted was held, was promoted later to counter the objections of Turkey that the flag was a Christian symbol.[2] This was enshrined in the 1906 revision of the Convention.[3]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emblems_of_...#Red_Cross

Good that, or they would have offended the true faith.

Also the Red Cross is one of my customers.

I charge them extra because they are a charity and can afford it.

You, should not charge ANYTHING, to The Red Cross.

And hence

The difference, between us.

When I owned businesses.

My products (office supplies)

Were FREE.

To all churches.

Women's shelters.

And, charities.

That

Is how a normal person

Does it.
04-09-2013, 07:52 AM
(04-09-2013 07:23 AM)Chas Wrote:  u cant mean being logical

to believe smthg that thing must look at least being existing objectively, so a kind of subjective speculation about what the fact represent is justifiable somehow logically

but u jump to keep meaning the word belief for god, when god is meant as a source of creations then he cant b existing in his creations, so the word belief cant apply for that

u always want to reject logics while insisting to present urself as being beyond it knowing what arguments are
about

it is clear that u mean believing some words in religions, which is hundred percent about urself will, so believing urself which cant b
u actually mean believing that god will take u to heaven so hundrepercent about urself alone

when a fact is clearly absolute one, even if the conscious realizing it know being nothing to it cant but believe it existing really there present

I am

Mark, the Ark.

i.e. Noah's Ark.

Even referred to

As "The Ark of the Covenant".

The vessel

That contains, ALL, of God's words.

The whole ball of wax.

Yep.

That guy.
04-09-2013, 08:01 AM
(04-09-2013 07:52 AM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  
(04-09-2013 07:23 AM)Chas Wrote:  u cant mean being logical

to believe smthg that thing must look at least being existing objectively, so a kind of subjective speculation about what the fact represent is justifiable somehow logically

about

I am

Mark, the Ark.

i.e. Noah's Ark.

Even referred to

As "The Ark of the Covenant".

The vessel

That contains, ALL, of God's words.

The whole ball of wax.

Yep.

That guy.

That makes as much sense as calling yourself Dr. Dre because you have the last name Dreher.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
04-09-2013, 08:07 AM
(04-09-2013 07:09 AM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  

Thanks

So..

The "Ark"

Is actually

COMMONLY thought of

As Jesus.

Note, the wikipedia.

Quote.

End quote.

So, the Ark

Is Jesus.

Mark

i.e. Mark the Ark.

Exodus is a myth.

Total myth.

Archaeology

has proven it.

BTW.

Oh shit.

Here I thought you were

an

ardvARK.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
04-09-2013, 08:08 AM
Marky Mark is the ark...

oh FFS.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
04-09-2013, 08:10 AM
(04-09-2013 08:01 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  That makes as much sense as calling yourself Dr. Dre because you have the last name Dreher.

God has built, "a million signs", into me.

My initials

Spell "M.A.D.".

As in "VERY ANGRY".

Because, I do bring the Judgment.

As in, "The Final Judgment".

http://thenewholybible.org/the_final_judgment.htm

And there

Is a nice copy.

For you.

Yep.