Welcome Mark Dreher

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Votes - 2.3 Average
10-09-2013, 04:53 AM
RE: Welcome Mark Dreher
(09-09-2013 05:56 PM)bemore Wrote:  Please don't stab anybody to death.

There's also the part where he thinks he's going to live several hundred years on Earth. At some point I think he's gonna test out the "invincible" part and wind up dead.

So far he hasn't done it, which tells me a part of him thinks it's a crock of shit (aka some sanity left).

Like NDE people who claim they've seen the other side, but take their insulin anyway.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
10-09-2013, 05:15 AM
(10-09-2013 04:53 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  There's also the part where he thinks he's going to live several hundred years on Earth. At some point I think he's gonna test out the "invincible" part and wind up dead.

Like NDE people who claim they've seen the other side, but take their insulin anyway.

If you have nothing to contribute to the conversation.

Why don't you take a flying leap.
10-09-2013, 05:24 AM
Re: RE: Welcome Mark Dreher
(10-09-2013 05:15 AM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  
(10-09-2013 04:53 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  There's also the part where he thinks he's going to live several hundred years on Earth. At some point I think he's gonna test out the "invincible" part and wind up dead.

There's conversation going on here?

I thought you were the third revelation.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
10-09-2013, 05:50 AM
(10-09-2013 05:24 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  There's conversation going on here?

I don't know you.

There is no such thing as a third revelation.
10-09-2013, 05:54 AM
(10-09-2013 05:15 AM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  

My replies in this thread don't have to be to you, Mr. Puddles O'Poo. Tongue

I was talking to a sane person; not you.

That rhymes! Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
10-09-2013, 05:56 AM
(10-09-2013 05:50 AM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  
(10-09-2013 05:24 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  There's conversation going on here?

I don't know you.

There is no such thing as a third revelation.

I'm glad; I don't know you either.

You should record Gods voice on your laptop. You know, spread the good news.

10-09-2013, 06:02 AM
(10-09-2013 05:56 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  You should record Gods voice on your laptop. You know, spread the good news.

God speaks, in "a soft, still, voice".

I do not know, that you would be "so impressed", by it.

Since it is soft.

The LORD Appears to Elijah - 1 Kings 19:11-13

11Then he was told, "Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the LORD, for the LORD is about to pass by."

Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. 12After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a soft still voice. 13When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave.

Then the soft voice said to him, "What are you doing here, Elijah?"
10-09-2013, 06:10 AM
(10-09-2013 04:05 AM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  I thought she hated Jews?

This is so.

This is so.

The beloved one no longer likes beards and moustaches on humans.

It reminds him of the Orthodox Jews. The absolute worst of the goofballs that make God want to retch. The whole "we got God over a barrel" crowd. The whole "we got God under an unbreakable contract with this whole old testament thing" crowd. The whole "we don't care one lick what God has said in the past 3000 years" crowd.

All contracts have two parties who have to live up to the terms.

The "eternal covenant" had an important condition attached to it.

It reads "If you obey my voice and keep my covenant, you shall be my special possession" (Exodus 19:5).

Did you live up to your end of the deal my dears?

Hmm.. lets see. God told you to wait for his Messiah who would bring to you "the Keys to Heaven". He was to bring to you the methodology of obtaining "the Holy Spirit" and the eternal life in Heaven that comes with that. What did you do to that messenger from God, God's man on the ground, God's very own son?

Why you beat me to a pulp and you hung me on a tree to die. How nice.

And not only me, killing each and every one of the messengers God sent proved to be your only burning passion, it's your primary motivation, it's what you live for.

You also slaughtered: Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Micah, Amos etc., etc., etc..

"Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones all those who are sent to her!" (Matthew 23:37) And then to your very great delight you were finally able to wrap your hands around the neck of the biggest one, the very son of God.

The "eternal covenant" unequivocally ended on the day that you killed the very son of God.

With that final insult to God, you broke it.
10-09-2013, 06:21 AM
(10-09-2013 06:02 AM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  
(10-09-2013 05:56 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  You should record Gods voice on your laptop. You know, spread the good news.

God speaks, in "a soft, still, voice".

I do not know, that you would be "so impressed", by it.

Since it is soft.

The LORD Appears to Elijah - 1 Kings 19:11-13

11Then he was told, "Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the LORD, for the LORD is about to pass by."

Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. 12After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a soft still voice. 13When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave.

Then the soft voice said to him, "What are you doing here, Elijah?"

There is a fascinating thing about a laptop... You can pick it up and move it. If this soft voice can be picked up by your ear 3 feet away, a laptops built in microphone could do so from the same spot your ear rests.

Because someone else MAY not find something impressive is not alone a good reason to not do something. Something creative or simple like spreading great knowledge.

10-09-2013, 06:30 AM
(10-09-2013 06:21 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  There is a fascinating thing about a laptop... You can pick it up and move it. If this soft voice can be picked up by your ear 3 feet away, a laptops built in microphone could do so from the same spot your ear rests.

Because someone else MAY not find something impressive is not alone a good reason to not do something. Something creative or simple like spreading great knowledge.

I believe the answer is

No.

If you read between the lines.

Like the clever lad

That I'm sure you are.