Welcome Mark Dreher

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Votes - 2.3 Average
22-08-2013, 12:47 AM
RE: Welcome Mark Dreher
(22-08-2013 12:18 AM)Stevil Wrote:  
(21-08-2013 02:20 PM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  Every person "is a sinner".
What about amoralists like me. I don't know right from wrong nor wrong from right. I don't acknowledge that such a thing exists. I have not partaken from the tree of knowledge of wrong or right. A dog probably understands right and wrong better than me. My understanding of morality is on par with the understanding a rock has of it.

People like you should be locked up, and the key should be thrown into Mount Doom or the nearest vat of concentrated hydrofloric adic.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
22-08-2013, 01:57 AM
(22-08-2013 12:47 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  People like you should be locked up, and the key should be thrown into Mount Doom or the nearest vat of concentrated hydrofloric adic.
But then, once the acid has killed me do I get to go to heaven?
Do I get the 72 virgins?
Adult human females, good looking ones, that don't nag, and are keen to lose their virginity and are keen for me to be the one, and they won't then start having lots of little babies.... Lots of great sex, with no responsibilities, that's what I'm after Mark. Is that what awaits in heaven?
22-08-2013, 02:40 AM
I imagine if there is a place that a god has made for me after I have died, the conversation would go something like this.

"You're telling me that when my friend got stabbed you were close by watching and did nothing. Or when that horrible accident maimed and killed people I cared for, you were there and gave no assistance. When someone I loved deeply was raped, you were the one whispering in his ear to rape her. And now you want ME to come live with you forever ? Are you out of your fucking mind ?"

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
22-08-2013, 03:51 AM
(21-08-2013 01:01 AM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  Hey, Dark Light, my dear, I don't know if I can convert you.

Many atheists, have problems, I can not fix.

i.e. homosexuals, or Jewish.

Those, I would have a hard time, fixing.

But, if you are outside of those two obvious problems.

I can save you.

So..

We'll see.

Sigh. I was really digging your style Mark, until you pulled a pint of Bigot from the tap. Ah well.

The way I've heard others tell it, the Biblical god showed up here once as a Hebrew dude. I bet your green-eyed lady remembers being him. Do you think s/he imagines his/her self as Yeshua when you're kissing and being intimate?
22-08-2013, 03:55 AM
(21-08-2013 11:02 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  You still here?

I had to take the Trans Am down to Minneapolis, and pick up some hemp.

That takes a few hours, from where I come from.

I live in LakeShore, MN.

And it takes about six hours to get to Minneapolis, and back.

The back trip is more fun, of course.

Picking up hemp

In Minneapolis.

Words to live by.
22-08-2013, 07:01 AM
(22-08-2013 03:55 AM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  
(21-08-2013 11:02 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  You still here?

I had to take the Trans Am down to Minneapolis, and pick up some hemp.

That takes a few hours, from where I come from.

I live in LakeShore, MN.

And it takes about six hours to get to Minneapolis, and back.

The back trip is more fun, of course.

Picking up hemp

In Minneapolis.

Words to live by.

Why doesn't cutie just supply you?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-08-2013, 07:05 AM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2013 03:43 PM by Mark Fulton.)
For anyone interested in psychiatry, what we have here are two good examples of reasonably common "red flag" signs.

1. Flight of ideas is one of the symptoms of bipolar mania as well as schizophrenia and ADHD.

The common signs are a nearly continuous flow of ideas that jumps from topic to topic, usually based on discernible associations, distractions, or plays on words, but in severe cases so rapid as to be disorganized and incoherent. It is most commonly seen in manic episodes.

Bucky very cleverly, and deliberately, gave him some of his own medicine back.

2. A delusion of grandeur, which is the fixed, false belief that one possesses superior qualities such as genius, fame, omnipotence, or wealth. It is most often a symptom of schizophrenia, but can also be a symptom found in other psychotic, or bipolar disorders.

People with a delusion of grandeur often have the conviction of having some great but unrecognized talent or insight. They may also believe they have made some important discovery that others don’t understand or appreciate.

Less commonly, the individual may have the delusion of having a special relationship with a prominent person (such as being an adviser to the President.) Or the person may believe that they actually are a very prominent and important person.

Grandiose delusions sometimes have religious content, such as the person believes he or she has received a special message from God or another deity.

Our friend here, Mark (I think I'm the next best thing to God) Dreher, is one unwell puppy. Trying to rationalize with him is a waste of time, and, if you take him seriously, will be very frustrating. It's interesting to see that he's not florid enough to become totally non functional, but my guess is that he'll disappear soon, paricularly as everyone here gets bored with him, or he becomes more unwell, or more well.
[+] 11 users Like Mark Fulton's post
22-08-2013, 07:17 AM
(22-08-2013 07:05 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  ...

Thanks for the analysis. It makes a lot of sense.

And what a relief! I was worried that Bucky had caught bipolaritis.

Confused

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
22-08-2013, 07:58 AM
(22-08-2013 07:05 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  For anyone interested in psychiatry, what we have here are two good examples of reasonably common "red flag" signs.

1. Flight of ideas is one of the symptoms of bipolar mania as well as schizophrenia and ADHD.

The common signs are a nearly continuous flow of ideas that jumps from topic to topic, usually based on discernible associations, distractions, or plays on words, but in severe cases so rapid as to be disorganized and incoherent. It is most commonly seen in manic episodes.

2. A delusion of grandeur, which is the fixed, false belief that one possesses superior qualities such as genius, fame, omnipotence, or wealth. It is most often a symptom of schizophrenia, but can also be a symptom found in psychotic or bipolar disorders.

People with a delusion of grandeur often have the conviction of having some great but unrecognized talent or insight. They may also believe they have made some important discovery that others don’t understand or appreciate.

Less commonly, the individual may have the delusion of having a special relationship with a prominent person (such as being an adviser to the President.) Or the person may believe that they actually are a very prominent and important person.

Grandiose delusions may have religious content, such as the person believes he or she has received a special message from God or another deity.

Our friend here, Mark (I think I'm God) Dreher, is one unwell puppy. Trying to rationalize with him is a waste of time, and, if you take him seriously, will be very frustrating. It's interesting to see that he's not florid enough to become totally non functional, but my guess is that he'll disappear soon, paricularly as everyone here gets bored with him, or he becomes more unwell, or more well.

So you're saying our friend here isn't quite right in the head? I was starting to wonder....Consider

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
22-08-2013, 08:13 AM
(22-08-2013 07:58 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  So you're saying our friend here isn't quite right in the head? I was starting to wonder....Consider

What's to wonder? If yer a prophet, yer a nutbag. If you say yer a prophet and deny being a nutbag, well, yer obviously a nutbag for claiming to be a prophet. No sane solution set to that problem. Thumbsup

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
[+] 6 users Like houseofcantor's post