Welcome Mark Dreher

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Votes - 2.3 Average
22-08-2013, 08:43 AM
RE: Welcome Mark Dreher
(22-08-2013 07:58 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  So you're saying our friend here isn't quite right in the head? I was starting to wonder....Consider

Starting?

He pinged my "not troll, actually insane" detector almost right from post #1...

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
22-08-2013, 10:55 AM
I think this thread is just sad. This person clearly isn't dealing with a full deck and is very likely off their meds.

I hope they get some help.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

22-08-2013, 12:49 PM
(21-08-2013 01:01 AM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  Many atheists, have problems, I can not fix.

i.e. homosexuals, or Jewish.

5 years of bible writing, all that talking to God, and still full of hatred and bigotry. You need to go back to God and ask him why he hasn't allowed you to "get it" after all this time. While you're at it, ask him to tighten that loose screw. It's way over due and astonishing how God could be so neglectful.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
22-08-2013, 01:18 PM
(22-08-2013 12:49 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(21-08-2013 01:01 AM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  Many atheists, have problems, I can not fix.

i.e. homosexuals, or Jewish.

5 years of bible writing, all that talking to God, and still full of hatred and bigotry. You need to go back to God and ask him why he hasn't allowed you to "get it" after all this time. While you're at it, ask him to tighten that loose screw. It's way over due and astonishing how God could be so neglectful.

He claims god's a chick and he claims to have married her.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

22-08-2013, 02:54 PM
(22-08-2013 01:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  He claims god's a chick and he claims to have married her.
Has he got any wedding photos. I'd love to see them.
22-08-2013, 02:56 PM
(22-08-2013 02:54 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(22-08-2013 01:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  He claims god's a chick and he claims to have married her.
Has he got any wedding photos. I'd love to see them.

Not really, god is camera shy it seems.Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
22-08-2013, 03:01 PM
(22-08-2013 02:56 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(22-08-2013 02:54 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Has he got any wedding photos. I'd love to see them.

Not really, god is camera shy it seems.Drinking Beverage

He posted some photos earlier. God is a bunch of sticks in front of an out of focus sunset. The sex must be wild...
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
22-08-2013, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2013 03:37 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-08-2013 07:05 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  For anyone interested in psychiatry, what we have here are two good examples of reasonably common "red flag" signs.

1. Flight of ideas is one of the symptoms of bipolar mania as well as schizophrenia and ADHD.

The common signs are a nearly continuous flow of ideas that jumps from topic to topic, usually based on discernible associations, distractions, or plays on words, but in severe cases so rapid as to be disorganized and incoherent. It is most commonly seen in manic episodes.

Bucky very cleverly, and deliberately, gave him some of his own medicine back.

2. A delusion of grandeur, which is the fixed, false belief that one possesses superior qualities such as genius, fame, omnipotence, or wealth. It is most often a symptom of schizophrenia, but can also be a symptom found in psychotic or bipolar disorders.

People with a delusion of grandeur often have the conviction of having some great but unrecognized talent or insight. They may also believe they have made some important discovery that others don’t understand or appreciate.

Less commonly, the individual may have the delusion of having a special relationship with a prominent person (such as being an adviser to the President.) Or the person may believe that they actually are a very prominent and important person.

Grandiose delusions may have religious content, such as the person believes he or she has received a special message from God or another deity.

Our friend here, Mark (I think I'm God) Dreher, is one unwell puppy. Trying to rationalize with him is a waste of time, and, if you take him seriously, will be very frustrating. It's interesting to see that he's not florid enough to become totally non functional, but my guess is that he'll disappear soon, paricularly as everyone here gets bored with him, or he becomes more unwell, or more well.

Yabut, I resemble those remarks going on some 3 decades now and haven't found it much of a hindrance, quite the contrary. It don't mean I can't play the game, or go along to get along, or reason (hell, I realized early on that was THE power tool to have in my toolbox), or perform and contribute at a high level by traditional societal standards. We are all fucking bonkers, those of us who realize it hold the higher ground, the upper hand, and the advantage. Tongue

#sigh
22-08-2013, 03:40 PM
(22-08-2013 03:01 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(22-08-2013 02:56 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Not really, god is camera shy it seems.Drinking Beverage

He posted some photos earlier. God is a bunch of sticks in front of an out of focus sunset. The sex must be wild...
So how did god say "I do"?
Was there a celebrant and a witness? Did they hear the "I do" too?

Who gave away the bride?
22-08-2013, 09:25 PM
I think you guys scared off god. Well done.