Welcome Mark Dreher

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Votes - 2.3 Average
25-08-2013, 11:25 AM
RE: Welcome Mark Dreher
(25-08-2013 11:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Clearly you are a very confused man to be lying to yourself like this for seven years.

What event occurred in your life that triggered you "knowing God"?
I mean this clearly an attention seeking thing, a cry to feel special. Have you been like this your whole life or did something happen?
Maybe you're just a really lonely old man?

Do I look like an old man?

http://thenewholybible.org/mark_dreher.htm
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-08-2013, 11:27 AM
Yes, you look like a tired old lonely man crying out for attention.

So I ask again, what happened?
25-08-2013, 11:32 AM
I mean someone doesn't just claim to live with God unless said person is crying out for attention or they're mentally unstable.
You don't seem that unstable, so clearly this is an attention seeking thing.

Why?
25-08-2013, 11:34 AM
(25-08-2013 11:32 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I mean someone doesn't just claim to live with God unless said person is crying out for attention or they're mentally unstable.

Why?

Dafuq? Blink

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
25-08-2013, 11:38 AM
(25-08-2013 11:27 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yes, you look like a tired old lonely man crying out for attention.

So I ask again, what happened?

You really have to have a question.

I don't respond to insults.

I will save you, a lot of time.

Our last correspondence.

For now.

Unless, you can do better

Than insults.

Peace.

Out.
25-08-2013, 11:42 AM
(25-08-2013 10:59 AM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  
(25-08-2013 10:48 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Well that's the thing, Mark. As you said, it looked like a tree.

In reality it is a graphic composed of a series of ink lines and shading.

The only reason you say it's a tree is due to a concept called Patternicity. Like all humans, you have a primate brain which searches for and identifies patterns in what it is seeing. There's nothing wrong with saying 'its a tree'; that's an almost universal answer to that question. But it's not an accurate answer as to what is actually there. You have seen real trees in your lifetime or have been given a description of their appearance, so when an image like the one above is presented to you, you recognize it as a tree.

Similarly, you take an image of a sunset with a tree in the foreground and, by pure random chance you see a shape in the clouds which resembles a human eye. It's not really an eye; just a shape your brain recognizes as very similar to an eye. Add to this an existing religious disposition and your brain is going to be biases to conclude is something divine.

When I was a child, some of the plaster shapes on the ceiling of my bedroom resembled the image of a crucified man. Did I see Jesus? No. Just a plaster shape which I recognized as such.

On that account, I can of conclude that the sunset pictures you took are images of God.

God lives with me.

I hardly, need a picture.

One day, God said, take your camera, and take a photo.

Outside.

Those are the images, you have.

I did not "see God, once".

I have lived with God

For SEVEN years.

I'm sorry. Based on this debate and your testimony, I cannot conclude that your experiences are God.

Best of luck in your future endeavors.

Also, do I understand this correctly that on your website you assert you are the second coming of Christ?

And not to be snarky, but if you are in fact having auditory hallucinations, you should seek professional psychiatric help.

Best regards,
Bugsmasher

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
25-08-2013, 11:42 AM
(25-08-2013 11:34 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Dafuq? Blink

I like your smiley.

He seems, a little disorientated, however.
25-08-2013, 11:45 AM
(25-08-2013 11:34 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(25-08-2013 11:32 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I mean someone doesn't just claim to live with God unless said person is crying out for attention or they're mentally unstable.

Why?

Dafuq? Blink

Well he's able to formulate replies fine enough.
And sure, his beliefs are crazy but than again so are KC's...

It's an obvious case of lonely old man wanting attention.
Pity would be the appropriate feeling in this situation I believe.

Quote:You really have to have a question.

I don't respond to insults.

I will save you, a lot of time.

Our last correspondence.

For now.

Unless, you can do better

Than insults.

Peace.

Out.

I'm not trying to insult you, I'm trying to understand you.
Obviously I hit a nerve for you to respond like this however, I must be on to something.

You know, if you seek social interaction (god knows why you do but each to their own) there are better ways of going about it than claiming to live with God. Ways that wont just result in people thinking you're more crazy and isolating you even more, resulting in you becoming even more lonely.
25-08-2013, 11:46 AM
(25-08-2013 11:42 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Also, do I understand this correctly that on your website you assert you are the second coming of Christ?

Yes.

You understand that correctly.

"The Lord Jesus Christ".

Specifically.

Good luck to you.
25-08-2013, 11:48 AM
(25-08-2013 11:45 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm not trying to insult you, I'm trying to understand you.
Obviously I hit a nerve for you to respond like this however, I must be on to something.

You know, if you seek social interaction (god knows why you do but each to their own) there are better ways of going about it than claiming to live with God. Ways that wont just result in people thinking you're more crazy and isolating you even more, resulting in you becoming even more lonely.

Don't, see any questions.

But, if you get one.

You let me know.