Welcome Mark Dreher

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Votes - 2.3 Average
20-08-2013, 11:03 AM
RE: Welcome Mark Dreher
(20-08-2013 10:18 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I predict (am I allowed to say prophesy, HoC?):
Short visit
Ribald retorts
Up-side-down dogs
Being quote-mined for his web-pages
Whatevers.

Yabut. You forgot the Gwynnies!

Shocking

[Image: 994896_565012940229204_864814095_n.png]

All betterz!

Mark seems like a decent sort. My contention was in the taking of titles, which scripture speaks against. Prophet is enough of a title. Too much, actually. Big Grin

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
20-08-2013, 11:04 AM
Guys, please don't feed this one, it is very cruel, he has some serious issues.

This is not your usual theist or troll to have fun with, this is a seriously disturbed individual and you may cause mayhem if you get him to explode.

Not here, but wherever he physically is.

This is sad, I was hoping for a worthy troll too. But this isn't it, there are no badges to be had for kicking a guy who has no mental stability at all.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Dom's post
20-08-2013, 11:13 AM
Da fuq, Dom. Of course he's a nutbag, cannot be a prophet otherwise. But he's all famous and stuff. I'm sure he can handle the abuse. Thumbsup

[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
20-08-2013, 11:17 AM
(20-08-2013 10:54 AM)Chas Wrote:  Random, use of commas is, odd. Consider

I'm sticking with mental health issues. Not a Poe.

Given the style... not a Poe but a poe-t.

Fair comment, Dom. Will bear that in mind.

:transforms-to-therapist-mode:

20-08-2013, 11:19 AM
(20-08-2013 08:43 AM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  
(20-08-2013 07:56 AM)Chas Wrote:  Oh, goody, another True Believer™. Drinking Beverage

How long will you last here, Mark? You will not gain any converts or convince anyone that belief is the same as knowledge or that faith is evidence.

What do you hope to accomplish?

This, is my first time here.

Never heard of you all, yesterday.

Why am I here?

I help atheists, you know

A minister.

This is my gig.

The earth.

Mark, we're here to help you in any way we can.
If there is something you're confused about, we'll try our best to give you the most accurate information possible.

I applaud you on your efforts to write a new bible. It really does need a lot of editing in order to remove so much bigotry and hate. I haven't read your version yet so I have high hopes that the genesis in your book has been corrected and hopefully you removed the bit about the fruit tree and the snake. That would help out so much.

What kind of public reaction have you had so far ?
With some 30,000+ versions out there, I'm sure the people are looking for something fresh and new.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
20-08-2013, 11:22 AM
(20-08-2013 10:16 AM)Jakel Wrote:  Am I the only one who thinks it really creepy that he addresses people "my dear"?

Makes me think he' a homosexual. Consider

20-08-2013, 11:30 AM
(20-08-2013 07:13 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Mark is a new forum member who has written his own bible[1] and now seeks to end atheism, one person at a time[2]. Mark, like I said in the introductions thread... if you're here to be a human being I'm sure you'll be welcome. We accept all kinds here. Just be aware that you're not the first person I could have written this post about Wink

If you're here for the apologetics then I hope you have something more substantial to offer than the links already provided...

Mark is Hafnof's troll account.
It all makes sense now.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
20-08-2013, 11:46 AM (This post was last modified: 20-08-2013 11:57 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(20-08-2013 07:16 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  His own bible? Intriguing? Consider

Shit. Just what we need. Another nut job, who thinks he needs to re-write a set of texts which he actually knows nothing about.
Maybe we need a forum for "bible re-writers". I lay odds the idiot can't even read Hebrew or Greek.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Veridican-Gosp...+veridican
I see that other re-write is out of print. Hmmm. Oh well. The crazies, come, and the crazies go. Just another day in Babble paradise. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
20-08-2013, 11:51 AM
1 atheist at a time? I'll bite. Have him PM me!

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
20-08-2013, 12:00 PM
(20-08-2013 11:19 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  
(20-08-2013 08:43 AM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  This, is my first time here.

Never heard of you all, yesterday.

Why am I here?

I help atheists, you know

A minister.

This is my gig.

The earth.

Mark, we're here to help you in any way we can.
If there is something you're confused about, we'll try our best to give you the most accurate information possible.

I applaud you on your efforts to write a new bible. It really does need a lot of editing in order to remove so much bigotry and hate. I haven't read your version yet so I have high hopes that the genesis in your book has been corrected and hopefully you removed the bit about the fruit tree and the snake. That would help out so much.

What kind of public reaction have you had so far ?
With some 30,000+ versions out there, I'm sure the people are looking for something fresh and new.

The old bible, only has one version.

Well, I stand corrected, the Jews have "altered" their version of the bible.

They took out all the references to Jesus, mentioned in Psalm 22:16/17.

So, they made up a fake bible, that is quite true.

This pages of mine, points out all the alterations that they have made, from the original texts.

http://thenewholybible.org/the_tanach_ha...ctored.htm

Pretty sneaky, what they tried to pull off.

But other than that "doctoring of the original texts", we only have one version.

Now, some of the words have been made more modern, the King James Bible, uses a lot of "old terms".

Not commonly used today.

Like "begat", "seaketh", "thou", "doest", like this.

So the "versions" of the bible, you speak of, only really updated the old terms with more modern ones, so that we could understand it more easily.

The "American Standard" version, is an example of that, it uses the modern, current, version of the commonly used words.

But the stories are all the same.

With the exception of the Jewish bible, which has been falsified.

And doctored.

As pointed out, in that link.