Welcome Mark Dreher

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Votes - 2.3 Average
26-08-2013, 04:29 PM
RE: Welcome Mark Dreher
(26-08-2013 01:42 PM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  I think any adult, who would take a child and say "there is no God".
Is in a whole lot of trouble.
You now fall into the category of "a child abuser".
Worse, than a pedophile, in God's book.

If this is some vague attempt at reverse psychology,

it is very telling.

Sad

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
26-08-2013, 04:43 PM
(26-08-2013 04:25 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  ... some obscure photo of some dude wearing leather pants. ...

That's all I heard. Big Grin
[Image: elleny.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
26-08-2013, 04:56 PM
(26-08-2013 04:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-08-2013 04:25 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  ... some obscure photo of some dude wearing leather pants. ...

That's all I heard. Big Grin
[Image: elleny.jpg]

Yeah, it's about like that.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
26-08-2013, 04:56 PM
(26-08-2013 04:25 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  This got pretty boring. Let's spruce things up a bit, shall we?

Mark, I have come to the conclusion your god is false. Since I am a worthless atheist, perhaps I can offer my services to you? Have your god smite me. Right now. Sure I'll be dead (no skin off your nose) but at least it will show some proof that your god is real for all the other heathens. It should be pretty easy for her. She already gave me a plethora of illnesses to choose from. Simple as popping a couple of my brain tumors. C'mon Mark. Show the masses something more impressive than some blurry pictures of clouds and some obscure photo of some dude wearing leather pants. I dare you. You and your god.

Yeah, me too.

It would be really convincing if you get god to smite the two of us, in different countries, at the same time. How cool would that be?

Do it or shut the fuck up. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
26-08-2013, 05:03 PM
(26-08-2013 04:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-08-2013 04:25 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  This got pretty boring. Let's spruce things up a bit, shall we?

Mark, I have come to the conclusion your god is false. Since I am a worthless atheist, perhaps I can offer my services to you? Have your god smite me. Right now. Sure I'll be dead (no skin off your nose) but at least it will show some proof that your god is real for all the other heathens. It should be pretty easy for her. She already gave me a plethora of illnesses to choose from. Simple as popping a couple of my brain tumors. C'mon Mark. Show the masses something more impressive than some blurry pictures of clouds and some obscure photo of some dude wearing leather pants. I dare you. You and your god.

Yeah, me too.

It would be really convincing if you get god to smite the two of us, in different countries, at the same time. How cool would that be?

At this point he's gonna have to show me tape measure evidence that one thigh is like twice as big as the other thigh. I'm calling bullshit. Tongue

#sigh
26-08-2013, 05:37 PM
(26-08-2013 05:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-08-2013 04:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  Yeah, me too.

At this point he's gonna have to show me tape measure evidence that one thigh is like twice as big as the other thigh. I'm calling bullshit. Tongue

Great, first the fundoshi now this. Dodgy

Tongue

Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
26-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Hold right the fuck on here!

I never, EVER, want to hear Ellen January referred to as "obscure" again.

In fact, I may even make it a rule. Kinda like Marks rule, but this one would actually serve a purpose (and apply to a REAL prophet). Something like: It is prohibited to say anything that could be construed as insulting to Ellen January.

Then again, Johnny would probably slap me upside the head for making such a stupid rule.

Forget I said anything.

NOW BRING ON THE SMITING!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
26-08-2013, 06:05 PM
I agree...no dissing Ellen January...my desktop is weeping. Weeping

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
26-08-2013, 07:15 PM

[SNIP] Have your god smite me. Right now. [SNIP] I dare you. You and your god.

Me too. Please smite me now also. If it works, then I know I'm having whiskey in hell with Jimi Hendrix today. It will be worth it. Thumbsup

"Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're an incredible slouch."
27-08-2013, 12:30 AM
Fuck, God's gonna be pretty busy if she's all she's cracked up to be. Sign me up for a smiting too...