Welcome Mark Dreher

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Votes - 2.3 Average
29-08-2013, 05:38 AM
RE: Welcome Mark Dreher
(29-08-2013 05:21 AM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  
(29-08-2013 04:50 AM)DLJ Wrote:  How do small furry animals get to heaven?
Your dog Fido

He does not go.

He rots, in the ground.

Heaven sounds crap.

An eternity without a dog is too long. I'll opt for rotting in the ground too. You really are a giggle.

"Christianity is like a diet where you eat lots of chocolate cake all week, and then on Sunday you mentally scold yourself and "try again" only to repeat the cycle." - Buddy Christ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-08-2013, 05:49 AM
(29-08-2013 05:38 AM)Shannow Wrote:  Heaven sounds crap.

An eternity without a dog is too long. I'll opt for rotting in the ground too.

Humans, are not allowed, to just "rot in the ground".

I will tell you a secret.

YOU ALREADY HAVE ETERNAL LIFE.

Shh..

Don't tell anyone.

The only question

Is where.
29-08-2013, 06:17 AM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2013 10:49 AM by FSM_scot.)
(29-08-2013 05:49 AM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  Humans, are not allowed, to just "rot in the ground".

Yeah they do:

Come on man is that really necessary?

(29-08-2013 05:49 AM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  YOU ALREADY HAVE ETERNAL LIFE.

Cool, show me the evidence of my eternal life that counters the picture above.

Show me which part of my body is eternal. Show me, show me, show me.

"Christianity is like a diet where you eat lots of chocolate cake all week, and then on Sunday you mentally scold yourself and "try again" only to repeat the cycle." - Buddy Christ
29-08-2013, 06:32 AM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2013 08:19 AM by Mark Dreher.)
(29-08-2013 06:17 AM)Shannow Wrote:  Cool, show me the evidence of my eternal life that counters the picture above.

Show me which part of my body is eternal. Show me, show me, show me.

You do not have "your earthly body"

When you go to Heaven, or Hell.

That is true.

But, that is only good for 120 years, maximum.

You are "a spirit", when you go to Heaven, or Hell.

But functionally, you are the same, as you are now.

In Heaven, you do not get hungry, or sick.

A benefit.

In Hell, all kinds of "nasties", are applied.

You get cold, shiver.

Constant thirst.

And no sleep.

Just, to get started.

But, this is written.

I'm sure you already know that.

Note Hell's description: "1That whole place is everywhere fire, and everywhere there is frost and ice, thirst and shivering, while the bonds are very cruel, and the punishing angels fearful and merciless, bearing angry weapons, merciless torture, and I said: 2 Woe, woe, how very terrible is this place".

Hell, is run, by "Berserkers".

A horrible horrible thing.

I do have a video of one, that you may like.

Notice, that they wear "the upside down cross".

http://youtu.be/Kf9jCdqVg58

Your fate

Will be in his hands.

One day.

If, you remain an atheist.
29-08-2013, 06:47 AM
If we have no earthly body and are spirits then how can we experience cold/shivers, hunger and thirst if we go to hell???

Where does this hell exist? Underground in the middle of the earth? In another dimension outside of the universe? In humanity's heads as a consequence of "Judgement"?

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
29-08-2013, 06:56 AM
(29-08-2013 06:47 AM)bemore Wrote:  If we have no earthly body and are spirits then how can we experience cold/shivers, hunger and thirst if we go to hell???

Where does this hell exist? Underground in the middle of the earth? In another dimension outside of the universe? In humanity's heads as a consequence of "Judgement"?

Heaven and Hell are "spiritual places", they have no dimensions.

They could exist, on the head of a pin.

The people in Hell, have received a "special dispensation", of misery.

That is why they are always, cold, shivering, and thirsty.

A nasty nasty place.

Also described in the third letter of the Apostle Peter, "The Apocalypse of Peter", verses 21 through 34.

http://thenewholybible.org/the_apocalypse_of_peter.htm
29-08-2013, 07:09 AM
Well I appreciate your answers Mark, however I now bow out of your conversation with these conclusions.

You are blinded by religion. That everything that happens in life you will attribute in some way to god, ignoring all other evidence to the contrary. It is so ingrained into your neural brain connections that if anybody comes at you with an argument against your beliefs then your body will naturally react with the "fight or flight syndrome" and whilst you are not physically being attacked, your brain will not be able to tell this difference. On the flip side if you meet people who agree with you then your brain will release endorphins and you will feel pleasure and a sense of "communion"

That either you were born into this indoctrination or somewhere along in your life you needed something to help rationalise the world and to give you answers that at that moment you couldn't see.

You are not alone Mark, millions of people are like you (sadly) but the good news is (in the western world) your kind, especially in the UK where I am from. Are all dying off.

Good luck!!!

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
29-08-2013, 07:12 AM
Just another example of how religion allows people to be vile in "socially acceptable" ways. Dodgy

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post
29-08-2013, 07:36 AM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2013 07:40 AM by Shannow.)
(29-08-2013 06:32 AM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  
(29-08-2013 06:17 AM)Shannow Wrote:  Cool, show me the evidence of my eternal life that counters the picture above.

You do not have "your earthly body"

You are "a spirit", when you go to Heaven, or Hell.

But functionally, you are the same, as you are now.

To paraphrase:

When I die, a part of my body that cannot be seen, detected or proven to exist grows a new body that isn't a body and travels somehow to place that cannot be seen, detected or proven to exist.

This place will either be good or bad depending entirely on the gender of people into whom I inserted the penis of my earthly body, church attendance and whether my earthly body uttered words of thanks to a being who cannot be seen, detected or proven to exist prior to consuming food.

Does any of that sound in any way faintly ridiculous to you? Any part?

[+] 1 user Likes Shannow's post
29-08-2013, 07:41 AM
(29-08-2013 07:09 AM)bemore Wrote:  Well I appreciate your answers Mark, however I now bow out of your conversation with these conclusions.

You are blinded by religion. That everything that happens in life you will attribute in some way to god, ignoring all other evidence to the contrary. It is so ingrained into your neural brain connections that if anybody comes at you with an argument against your beliefs then your body will naturally react with the "fight or flight syndrome" and whilst you are not physically being attacked, your brain will not be able to tell this difference. On the flip side if you meet people who agree with you then your brain will release endorphins and you will feel pleasure and a sense of "communion"

That either you were born into this indoctrination or somewhere along in your life you needed something to help rationalise the world and to give you answers that at that moment you couldn't see.

You are not alone Mark, millions of people are like you (sadly) but the good news is (in the western world) your kind, especially in the UK where I am from. Are all dying off.

Good luck!!!

The only ones, who are going to "die off", are atheists.

God is killing them, right now.

One by one.

My brothers best friend, his "lifelong best friend", Todd Strickland, an atheist, died, just a few days ago.

For no reason.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=...&ref=br_tf

Deader

Than a doornail.

I think that is why God asked me to come talk to you all.

i.e. "Your last chance"

Before you pass.