Welcome Mark Dreher

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 2 Average
21-08-2013, 08:05 AM
RE: Welcome Mark Dreher
(21-08-2013 08:01 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-08-2013 07:49 AM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  Sure.

That is Matthew 12:32 "Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come."

That one

Is stepping off a cliff.

Not even I, can help you with that.

You are cannon fodder.

Should you do it.

I say there is no such thing as the Holy Spirit. It's made-up, invented, imagined.

There is no evidence for its existence.

Do you consider photographs, to be evidence?

I do.

Here are photos, of "The Holy Spirit".

That I took.

http://thenewholybible.org/picture_of_th..._glory.htm

She is a cutie.

I think you will agree.

No?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2013, 08:15 AM
So clouds are your proof of god? I really really expected something a bit less nebulous. Why would god choose to manifest themselves in the sky using condensed water that could be explained through other less mystic methods. Just spell the name of god in clouds or spell out "jesus saves" in clouds. I would be much more impressed and would sincerely question my current beliefs vs looking at some pictures of clouds I've seen before and squinting. Just sayin....
[+] 3 users Like devilsadvoc8's post
21-08-2013, 08:21 AM
(21-08-2013 08:15 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  So clouds are your proof of god? I really really expected something a bit less nebulous. Why would god choose to manifest themselves in the sky using condensed water that could be explained through other less mystic methods. Just spell the name of god in clouds or spell out "jesus saves" in clouds. I would be much more impressed and would sincerely question my current beliefs vs looking at some pictures of clouds I've seen before and squinting. Just sayin....

My dear, God manifests herself "as a cloud", this is written.

In the bible, it is called "The Cloud of God's Glory".

You must be illiterate.

"And it came to pass, when the priests were come out of the holy place, that the cloud filled the house of the Lord, So that the priests could not stand to minister because of the cloud, for the glory of the Lord had filled the house of the Lord". (I Kings 8:10-11)

"Now on the day that the tabernacle was erected, the cloud covered the tabernacle, the tent of the meeting, and in the evening it was like the appearance of fire over the tabernacle, until morning". (Numbers 9:15)
21-08-2013, 08:22 AM
(21-08-2013 08:01 AM)Chas Wrote:  I say there is no such thing as the Holy Spirit.

That's 'cause you're a poopyhead. Big Grin

It's contagious insanity. Want evidence? Go to church. Tongue

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-08-2013, 08:33 AM
(21-08-2013 08:21 AM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  
(21-08-2013 08:15 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  So clouds are your proof of god? I really really expected something a bit less nebulous. Why would god choose to manifest themselves in the sky using condensed water that could be explained through other less mystic methods. Just spell the name of god in clouds or spell out "jesus saves" in clouds. I would be much more impressed and would sincerely question my current beliefs vs looking at some pictures of clouds I've seen before and squinting. Just sayin....

My dear, God manifests herself "as a cloud", this is written.

You must be illiterate.

"And it came to pass, when the priests were come out of the holy place, that the cloud filled the house of the Lord, So that the priests could not stand to minister because of the cloud, for the glory of the Lord had filled the house of the Lord". (I Kings 8:10-11)

"Now on the day that the tabernacle was erected, the cloud covered the tabernacle, the tent of the meeting, and in the evening it was like the appearance of fire over the tabernacle, until morning". (Numbers 9:15)

I don't think I'm illiterate. sure I admit to lack of knowledge in many areas but illiterate, no. Its not like a drive a trans am or anything, that'd be just ignorant.
21-08-2013, 08:48 AM
(21-08-2013 08:33 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  
(21-08-2013 08:21 AM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  My dear, God manifests herself "as a cloud", this is written.

You must be illiterate.

I don't think I'm illiterate. sure I admit to lack of knowledge in many areas but illiterate, no. Its not like a drive a trans am or anything, that'd be just ignorant.

Please please please

Do NOT talk about Trans Ams.

You must know, that I drive "the prettiest one".

The prettiest Trans Am.

Voted "The prettiest car on the face of the earth".

In fact.

By Horsepower Magazine.

https://www.facebook.com/TheViceRegent

It is my burden, you know.

It is my burden.
21-08-2013, 09:01 AM
(21-08-2013 08:05 AM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  
(21-08-2013 08:01 AM)Chas Wrote:  I say there is no such thing as the Holy Spirit. It's made-up, invented, imagined.

There is no evidence for its existence.

Do you consider photographs, to be evidence?

I do.

That I took.

She is a cutie.

I think you will agree.

No?

No. Those are poorly taken photographs that show nothing.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
21-08-2013, 09:14 AM
(21-08-2013 08:05 AM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  Do you consider photographs, to be evidence?
I do.
That I took.
She is a cutie.
I think you will agree.
No?

The high definition photos of her sitting three feet away from you might be more compelling.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
21-08-2013, 09:23 AM
(21-08-2013 09:14 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  
(21-08-2013 08:05 AM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  Do you consider photographs, to be evidence?
I do.
That I took.
She is a cutie.
I think you will agree.
No?

The high definition photos of her sitting three feet away from you might be more compelling.

I am afraid, that "God is very selective".

And traditionally, does not "show her image".

In the bible, if you remember, that is A VERY BIG DEAL.

Right?

I mean Moses, himself, only saw God once.

And that was from behind, and through "a heavy veil".

In other words, not clear.

God will not have you dissing her.

Judging her.

Can you imagine that?

That is preposterous.

God in not a fashion model.

God is shy.

And you are lucky, you got that one.

To be honest.
21-08-2013, 09:25 AM
Oh FFS...

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF